Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: You in a b-b-b-band?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 9, 2009 10:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Any gals in a band? Tell us about it. Leave some links. I'm in a very new band (just a couple practices) called Meat Coma. I guess we're sort of lo-fi fuzzy basement punk. I play guitar and drums. And you?
    • February 19, 2012 11:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's so cool! We just played in Tijuana a couple of weeks ago, it was cool but I wish I could have tracked these guys down!

Dra. O'boogie said:

Hello ladies! well, I'm not in a band, but here's the link of a band from Tijuana (México) that has a kick ass female drumer, although the lead singer is a man, she really gives them a lot of presence, I love the way they look on the stage, they play some sort of psychobilly-rockabilly stuff. Keep rocking babes!

www.myspace.com/loshelldandys
    • November 29, 2011 1:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

check us out

• July 29, 2011 6:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ya for the chicks! My band The Suicide Notes blows my own mind. 60's surf-y, rock-y and singin' about death-y.

• July 12, 2011 2:40 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yup, in Sheffield UK, , but we've only just started practicing and yes to decide on a name, so watch this space!
    • July 4, 2011 1:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Check out our page. We have 2 girls in the band. One sings the other plays combo organ
    • June 20, 2011 9:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm the drummer for a 60's fuzz garage band called 45 Spider from Cleveland, OH.  2 girls (vox & me, on drums) and 2 guys (bass & guitar).  Looking to possibly add organ as well! Recordings are rough basement versions......in final phases of our 1st album.  Check us out http://www.myspace.com/45spider

• December 21, 2010 3:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thought I'd toss my name into this discussion as well! I sing/play guitar (and sometimes sing/guitar/drums all at once, haha) in a two-piece called Dear Hearts. It's a mix of noisy garage stuff, old timey country, and, when we can find 'em, some sweet Stax horns. It's messy and fun, like rock'n'roll should be :) Check us out online:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dear-Hearts/162623953770636 This is my old go-go-garage-rockin' girl group Magic City (www.myspace.com/magiccity) PS Below is our new xmas song "The Only Thing I Get for Christmas is Blue." Just a rough take, but you get the idea...
    • December 3, 2010 6:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

kelly this sounds deadly! wanna gig together when we come through california march/april ish?? http://www.myspace.com/mandthespanks

kelly alvarez said:
      hi! i know this topic is older, but i was looking around and found this discusion so i thought i would say hello! i'm in a 3-piece band called Junglefever. 2 girls (guitar/vocals and bass/vocals) and a guy on drums myspace.com/junglefeverxo i also write a blog, mainly about girl bands and female singers kellyfever.blogspot.com !
    • December 3, 2010 6:48 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

heya, im in a two piece garage/rocknroll/something band called miesha & the spanks in calgary. i sing and play guitar. we're touring the us in march/april/may and could use some insight of cool places to hit? check er out - http://www.myspace.com/mandthespanks and as always, would love love love to play with some other rad rocker girls. xomiesha
    • December 2, 2010 1:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Chicks!!! Dulcinea (Ex-Loudmouths) and I (Lateenos) play in Midnite Snaxxx with Tina Lucchesi (Trashwomen). Check us out at www.myspace.com/midnitesnaxxx. We are also doing a little radio thing tonite at 8:30PM on Radio Valencia http://radiovalencia.fm/
    • November 27, 2010 5:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi. My name is Louise and I play in a band called the "Sisters of Mersey". It's with my best friend, Jenn and we have a new drummer, Jimgo. We just played our first gig with him the other night and, overall, it went o.k. Hopefully, we'll have some music up on our page shortly.
    • November 14, 2009 10:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

kelly alvarez said:
      hi! i know this topic is older, but i was looking around and found this discusion so i thought i would say hello! i'm in a 3-piece band called Junglefever. 2 girls (guitar/vocals and bass/vocals) and a guy on drums myspace.com/junglefeverxo i also write a blog, mainly about girl bands and female singers kellyfever.blogspot.com !
      Sweet! Thanks for the linkz. Diggin the blog as well.
    • November 13, 2009 6:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• October 2, 2009 9:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello ladies! well, I'm not in a band, but here's the link of a band from Tijuana (México) that has a kick ass female drumer, although the lead singer is a man, she really gives them a lot of presence, I love the way they look on the stage, they play some sort of psychobilly-rockabilly stuff. Keep rocking babes! www.myspace.com/loshelldandys
    • September 11, 2009 1:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Daaaang that double neck sounds siiiiick! I play an Gibson SG that I like okay but since I've been playing in a for-realzy band I am yearning for something more eccentric. Actually - I'm embarrassed to say it but I've played around on the Dimebag Darrel signature guitar at the store a long time ago - and I've kinda wanted one ever since. It shreds. Suzy MM said:
      Yeah, I'm probably more in a "b-b-b-band" than in a "band". That sounds more right. Been playing bass for a number of years, but in my current band "The Lords Of Nada", I'm playing drums and singing. LOT'S of fun! I play w/ 2 guitar players. One plays a baritone guitar and the other guitar player alternates between a double neck Gretsch w/ a 6 string bass / 6 string guitar, and a Denelectro double neck 12 string guitar / baritone. Fancy! Hahaha! So were down and dirty, knuckle draggin' garage rock, just like God meant it to be! : ) That's cool that you play guitar & drums Jannell!
    • September 11, 2009 12:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

that bassin' sounds like Kira from Black Flag. I dig it. Emily Panic said:
      Hey Jan. I too am in a band, we're called thee ribs - i guess i'd call us abnox-snotty punk or something.. (i just made that up) i play bass and sing, girl drummer guy guitar player (he likes when we dominate him) I play a 79' fender P-bass (my baby) and i have an ampeg. My band lives in Boston and I am moving to NYC soon. I don't really like the recordings we have but checkout - Www.Myspace.coM/TheeRibs

holla,
      EP
    • September 11, 2009 12:52 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ah man Brussels...I bet the music scene there is killer. So is that Ibanez 5 string made with just 5 strings? Which string is missing? I bet that is a dumb question but the guitar sounds rad. I play music with a lo-fi basement band in its infancy. U'LERS said:
      Hi Jannell. I am in a vintage old school punk band (singer, bass player). Been playing since teenage years (yesterday lol). I have an Ibanez 5 strings that sounds really cool, and I want to buy a Ampeg amp.
      Live in Brussels Belgium, and you ?
      Cheers
      Tashana
    • September 10, 2009 8:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, I'm probably more in a "b-b-b-band" than in a "band". That sounds more right. Been playing bass for a number of years, but in my current band "The Lords Of Nada", I'm playing drums and singing. LOT'S of fun! I play w/ 2 guitar players. One plays a baritone guitar and the other guitar player alternates between a double neck Gretsch w/ a 6 string bass / 6 string guitar, and a Denelectro double neck 12 string guitar / baritone. Fancy! Hahaha! So were down and dirty, knuckle draggin' garage rock, just like God meant it to be! : ) That's cool that you play guitar & drums Jannell!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel