Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Mayday! Mayday! Calling all 9/11 conspiracy debunkers!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 5, 2010 9:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm being ganged up on here:
      If you hate 9/11 conspiracy people and want to defeat them using the power of logic, I'm enlisting your aid!  Regeister, sign up, and back me up!
      I feel like I've been backed into a corner by drueling braindead zombies!
      I NEED THE HELP OF REASONABLE PEOPLE!!!!!!
    • July 8, 2010 2:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You know I ended up really not needing much help. The main guy I flamed got so upset and humiliated by my arguments that he left and never posted again-- and this guy pretty much owned the political folder of punkrockers.com.
      He posted a new conspiracy or anti-semetic site every day. His threads got anywhere from 10-60 views. Mine is up to 700 now!
    • June 28, 2010 10:42 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Zeitgeist was a joke, the film maker took 3 subjects and mixed them into one film as if he/she didn't have enough content or couldn't be bothered to make 2 or 3 films. The history lesson into Christianity's supposed pagen roots didn't really prove or disprove anything andthe 9/11 thing was already done to death by the time the film had come out.

And by that time the left had already made up its mind on the Bush administration so there was nothing new there either.
    • June 28, 2010 8:23 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

m8, I'm Scottish, living in Valencia, Fed up sucking the tit of mother England, and indeed, hearing about how corrupt USA IS etc, i saw zeitgeist, didn't do anything for me, Always wonder what the other side's intentions are... That for me is the question..
    • May 7, 2010 9:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I was there and saw planes fly into the WTC, both of them. Don't worry about the nuts. It happened
    • May 6, 2010 3:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks for the link. It really burned me out to do the flame war thing. I never try to argue with these people, but I thought I actually had some undeniable logic in my favor. I quite enjoyed Cockburn's article.
    • May 6, 2010 12:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I always wonder why the conspiracy theory attitude is way more common among "underground", "indie", "punk" circles. I guess it's just a common personality trait. It's always uncomfortable and annoying when people that you like to hang out with start talking about stuff like this.

The sad thing is I expect quite a few people on this site to post in favor of the conspiracy.
    • May 5, 2010 11:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know what you mean. Between the birthers on the right and the truthers on the left, we're becoming a national of jabbering, hateful dingbats. Here's a good essay by Alexander Cockburn at Counterpunch. He's a LEFTIST who's embarrassed by these clowns. http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn11282006.html Word of warning though -- there's no arguing with conspiracy nuts. Any evidence you have is obviously planted by the men in the shadows. And they have a great knack at making balloon animals out of logic.
    • August 19, 2013 2:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's some really shitty articles on Cracked, and sometimes really great.  Today there was a terrific one and this thread reminded me of it: http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-news-looks-worse-than-it-really-is/

When it comes to politics, religion and conspiracy theories, trying to convince somebody why they're wrong never works. It doesn't matter how wrong they are...THEY think they're right, and they'll also think that you're an asshole...which means your correct points will never get through to them. You're better off just posting what you'd like to say and  never returning to the thread,  hoping that at least one person gets something out of it...because reading peoples replies will just be infuriating and ruin your day. It's the exact reason why I hid 85% of my facebook friends from the newsfeed section. I was so sick and tired of reading peoples stupid political opinions...I had to just eliminate them completely from my view.

This post was edited by Tyler at August 19, 2013 2:45 PM CDT
    • December 10, 2013 8:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Show them the clip of that Loose change nonk losing his cool and saying stuff like "yeah we meant to put mistakes in there".

Also point out that Mayor Rudy was advised not to install an oil based heating system in the twin towers, that's why they burnt like they did (perhaps somebody should sue the guy, hmm?)

There is also a book called Voodoo Histories which debunk a whole lotta CTs which is fun to read, can't remember the author, but hey you can google it (unless you fear the bods at google are reading your emails and sticking their collective dicks in your summer punch).

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel