Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Radio What Wave from London, Ontario Canada...

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 29, 2018 10:01 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist December 28/2018

A little bit of a look back at 2018 with some of the bands that came to  London Ontario and a few new releases from 2018. Definitely not a best of 2018, as I only know about the music I like and listen to.

1. The Zellots….On The Dole….from the flexi from about a year ago and Vancouver sessions from 78/79 with original vocalist Heather Haley.
      2. Duotang…Nostalgia’s A Vice….from the New Occupation release from 2016. Duotang, The Shanks and Bath Salts played a very poorly attended show at Call The Office sometime this fall. All bands put on Excellent shows! This show was so poorly attended, I was the only one there (besides staff and band members) for the first 2 bands. Not the first time this has happened to me, probably not the last.
      3. Titus Turner…..Build A Bridge (Not A Wall)….from the Sound Off release on Bear Family Records and originally recorded back in 1961. Timely release for what’s going on right now and this was supposed to be the start of the show but somehow, we ended up starting early.
      4. UN Jefferson….Everything Is Alright….from their brand new self titled release and they are in town at Rumrunners tonight.
      5. UN Jefferson…..Testify…. as above.
      6. UN Jefferson….Shine On Me…. as above.
      7. UN Jefferson….Monday Morning….as above. Right around here Ajay from the band called in and after some technical issues, we had the interview with a few audio issues.
      8. UN Jefferson…Stand and Deliver…. As above.
      9. Marcellus Wallace….Movin’ On Up….from their only release and this band was Ajay’s project prior to UN Jefferson. As Ajay said, they’ll be playing some of the songs from this release.
      10. Tami Neilson…..Miss Jones….from the Sassafrass! release from this year. Tami did an Amazing show at the Aeolian Hall a few weeks back!
      11. Tami Neilson….Kitty Cat….as above. Tami is presently based in New Zealand, but she’s a Canadian native and as a youngster, was part of the Neilson Family band that toured across North America and had several hits. When in Canada, her younger brother plays bass and acts as the band leader.
      12. Charles Bradley….I Feel A Change….from his 2018 Black Velvet release. The Screaming Eagle of Soul passed away in 2017.
      13. Charles Bradley…Stay Away…. As above.
      14. Sheesham, Lotus and Son…..Swimming Blues….from The High Stepping Music Of…release. SL and Son played at the Victoria last January and put on a highly entertaining show; part superb musicianship and part comedy!  This was the last show we saw at the now defunct Victoria.
      15. Newport Electric….Shake Your Blues….from their recent Thin Wild Mercury release and from London Ontario.
      16. John Jordan….London Girl….brand new, and John was right on the money when he figured we’d dig this one! Kinda powerpoppy and definite local connection!!
      17. Cordcalling….Ransomed Felon….brand new single from this local duo.
      18. Reverend Horton Heat…..Viva Las Vegas….from the recent Whole New Life release, and they were in town a couple months back. Igor and the Red Elvises opened the show, and were the evening’s highlight for me!
      19. Dany Laj and the Looks….Left Right To One…..their latest single and there is now a video for this tune. Dany Laj and the Looks opened up for Teenage Head at Call The Office a few months back and put on another great show!
      20. The Mods….Step Out Tonight….from the Reactions LP on Ugly Pop Records which features late 70’s recordings from this band that was based in Toronto. Caught them twice at the Cedar Lounge many years ago.
      21. Kurt Baker…..Out Dancing….from a brand new release on Beluga Records out of Sweden.
      22. Shoobies…..Girl Or Gator….from the Never Mind The Hardcore download and they are from London Ontario.
      23. Jon Spencer….Time To Be Bad….from his recent Jon Spencer Sings The Hits release.
      24. Peter and the Wolves….Hot Foot Woman….from their recent Howlin’ and Prowlin’ release. They played the Richmond a few months back, 3 ultra long rockin’ sets that had the whole joint dancing and having fun!
      25. Peter and the Wolves….Drive All Night… as above.
      26. Catl….Superfly Lady….from their recent Bide My Time Until I Die release and they played Call The Office a few months back.
      27. Atomic Tomb…..Great Satan America….from Toronto and this song sums up what’s going on in the news right now!
      28. Chocolate Watchband….Trouble Every Day…from the soon to be released Time Is My Voice on Dirty Water Records and their first release in about 50 years!  Who’d a thought this band would return, get political, yet sound almost as good as their prime half a century ago!!!
      29. Chocolate Watchband…..Baby Blue…..from about 1966 and a long time fave!
      30. Chocolate Watchband….No Way Out…. As above.
      31. Chocolate Watchband….I’m Not Like Everybody Else…..as above.

Thanx to Ajay Massey for taking the time to talk with us about UN Jefferson at Rumrunners tonight! And Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, facebook messages, texts and Heys!!!

Back again in 2019 in the same time slot with a whole bunch more noise to annoy!! Our next show will look back at 1978....40 years later! Happy New Year!

Someday, there could be an archived show here: (just about the time it rains money upon my noggin')

http://www.radiowestern.ca/program/radio-what-wave

• January 5, 2019 12:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist January 4/2019

The first show of 2019, and instead of playing a bunch of songs from 2018, we go back 40 years and play songs only from 1978 and yammer about those times.

1. Sex Pistol…..Problems….from their Never Mind The Bollocks release, which technically came out at the end of 1977, but few heard it before 1978. And upon first listen, it was nothing like what the media was trying to shove down our throats. Guitars that crunch, snotty vocals that cut through, throbbing bass and loud drums all sonically mixed to perfection! Fuck what the media says, I want on this bandwagon!
      2. The Diodes….Tired Of Waking Up Tired….from the recent Rarities release and 40 years ago, The Diodes were fighting snowstorms in their futile attempt to tour the US. Chicago with The Ramones and The Runaways made up for the weather cancelled shows!
      3. The Ugly….One Foot In The Gutter….from the Disorder release on OPM records that collects unreleased recordings from this Toronto thug combo. When they were all out of jail, they made some righteous noise!
      4. The Viletones….Swastika Girl….from the A Taste Of Honey release on OPM Records and also on their second EP. Toronto’s other thug combo, and the more remembered one.
      5. The Secrets….Suzie Peroxide….from the Teenage Rampage release on OPM Records and this is The Viletones and Johnny Diode without Steven Leckie. A frat rock band that coulda and should gone far if drugs hadn’t intervened.
      6. The Mods….Step Out Tonight….from the Reactions release on Ugly Pop and a 7” that came out in 1978. These guys played the Cedar Lounge twice (second time they were re-named The News as there were other Mods out there) and were so much fun to see live! Singer Greg was always super animated and local photog Bob Gliddon was able to catch them live and on film.
      7. The Scenics….In The Summer….from their In The Summer release and singer guitar/bass player Andy had a record store here in London in the mid 80’s.
      8. The Cads….Do The Cadwalk….from a 7” EP and from Toronto.
      9. Cardboard Brains….Babies Run My World….from the Last Pogo LP and my fave song by this combo! The Last Pogo Jumps Again documentary is a great overview of the Toronto and area scene from this era.
      10. Simply Saucer….Bullet Proof Heart….from the Cyborgs Revisited release and took until 1989 for this to be released by The Mole in Hamilton. Once released, Simply Saucer finally got (and still does) get the recognition they deserved. Played this as Treat Me Like Dirt is the chorus (?) of this one, the name of the book by Liz Worth that documents the Toronto and area punk/new wave era.
      11. Simply Saucer….I Can Change My Mind….from their lone 7” on  Pig Records and for years was the only existence of this band on any media.
      12. Teenage Head….Top Down….the 1978 version of this song, what I refer to as the Beach Boys version due to the background harmony vocals and car/motorcycle noises in the intro. One of my fave records!
      13. The Demics….Talk’s Cheap….live recording from the Cedar Lounge in 1978. The Blue Boot was renamed the Cedar Lounge in June 1978 and kept that name until closing May 1 1982. It was London’s first exclusive punk/new wave/whatever music venue. Huge Thanx to Frank and Jack from Uranus for talking the owners into hosting rock’n’roll bands over the bluegrass that was playing there.
      14. The Demics….Possibilities…. as above.
      15. Elvis Costello….Radio Radio…from his This Year’s Model release and EC played Alumni Hall in October of 1978. I stupidly didn’t go as I didn’t think EC was punk enough for me….
      16. Elvis Costello….Miracle Man…from the Live at the El Mocambo and broadcast over CHUM FM in early 1978. The Diodes did a similar broadcast around the same time and there were some politics involved.
      17. Goddo….Kiss My Whip….from the Who Cares? Release and all about Carole Pope from Rough Trade. Goddo were taking a bit of a swipe at the Toronto punk scene as they were totally ignoring Goddo and considered them the dinosaurs of the era.  I rather like early Goddo and my buddy Derek and I caught them all 3 nights the first time they played at Ye Olde City Hall here in London. We even had Greg jump on our table to do a solo and we had to hold the table so he didn’t go flying off into the crowd. Think that was the third night when the place was filled with bikers and their women.
      18. Battered Wives…..Daredevil….from their first long player and they opened up for Elvis Costello at Alumni Hall. They weren’t really part of the punk scene, but got tossed into it for their name and attitude. Toronto premier tub thumper Cleave Anderson was in this band.
      19. X Ray Spex….Oh Bondage Up Yours…..a fave of just about everyone that was into this music back in 1978 and from a 7”.
      20. Venus and the  Razorblades…..I Wanna Be Where the Boys Are….from the Songs From The Sunshine Jungle release and this was a Kim Fowley project.
      21. Blondie….One Way Or Another….from the Parallel Lines release and one of those records that everyone owned back then. Clem Burke held down the beat on the tubs and is still playing to this day and one of the best!
      22. The Ramones….Something To Do….from the Road To Ruin release and this is the lineup that played Centennial Hall back in May 1980. Demics opened and the kids came out of the woodwork for this one!
      23. The Saints….Know Your Product….from the Eternally Yours release and the horns added so much power to the sound on this one! Their first long player is one of my fave albums from the era!
      24. Graham Parker…..Hey Lord Don’t Ask Me Questions….from the Parkerilla release and Nick Perry and I went to Hamilton last summer to catch Graham and Brinsley Schwarz, a great show!
      25. TRB….Grey Cortina…from the TRB2 release and a fave for its “8 track blazin’ Brucie Springsteen, bomber jacket dressed to kill” line! In North America we had the rednecks cruisin’ in Cameros filled with smoke and rolling down their windows to  yell out ‘ Hey Devo’ or ‘Hey faggot, nice leotards’ at us punk rockers. I was usually able to run pretty quick or they couldn’t be bothered bashing my head in as I was a skinny runt and not worth the effort.
      26. Devo….Uncontrollable Urge…from their first release and a real ear opener at the time. Radically different from everything else at the time, and a new form of art!
      27. Devo….Satisfaction…. as above and couldn’t resist spinning 2 by these guys.
      28. The Vibrators…..Into The Future….from the Pure Mania release, that actually came out in 1977, but this was one of my fave records to listen to in 1978. Fast and frantic guitars with hooks galore and quick to the point songs that begged for repeated listens! They finally came to London, 1992, The Electric Banana on Clarence St.
      29. Siouxsie and the Banshees……Hong Kong Garden….from The Scream release and another that got played way too many times! The guitar sounds on this blow me away every time!! And Siouxsie was every young punkers wet dream!
      30. The Curse….Killer Bees….from their only 7” and it came with 2 different sleeves. The Curse were also Toronto’s first all female punk combo. They played at Forest City Gallery here in London in the fall of 1977 and meat was tossed around.
      31. Pointed Sticks…..What Do You Want Me To Do….from a 7” and these guys played The Cedar for a weekend as well as opening for Teenage Head when they did their live to air on CHRW back in 1980. Does anyone know if the audio for Pointed Sticks aired? Or was recorded?
      32. The Real Kids…..Better Be Good….from a recent Crypt release and recorded live at The Rat in Boston back in 1978. Had to cut this one down as we ran outta time….

HUGE Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, FB messages, texts and Heys!!! There was so much more music that coulda and shoulda been played as 1978 was the era that the doors opened and the crazies were able to make music and it got out to the masses! That era sure didn’t last long!

Back again next week with a few requests and who knows what else.

• January 12, 2019 6:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist January 11/2019

1. UIC….Shamrock Bang….from the recent Our Garage release, that has been remastered and is on the Like 90 Records label.
      2. Shoobies….Spy Kill Tito….from their recent Never Mind The Hardcore release and from London.
      3. Atomic 7…..Daddy’s Little World…from the En Hillbilly Caliente release on Mint Records from 2004.
      4. Thing From Outer Space….Penetration….from their latest download and they had a show last night at the Rec Room.
      5. Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet….Spy School Graduation Theme….from a 7” on Estrus Records from 1991.
      6. Man Or Astoman….Nitrous Burnout….from there Is It… release from 1993 and also on the Estrus Label.
      7. Johnny Guitar Watson….Space Guitar…from the compilation Loose Ends that came out on the Union Pacific label…non-legit boot.
      8. Huevos Racheros….Endsville….from a 7” from 1991 and also on the Estrus label.
      9. The Swanks….Ghost Train…from 1968 and the compilation The Madness Invasion and there was several volumes of this.  Probably my favourite insto track!
      10. The Mortals…. Disintegration……from a 1991 7” and also on the Estrus label…detecting a pattern here?
      11. The Rizdales…Honky Tonk Honeymoon….from their latest release Lucky Enough and they are playing today at the Richmond.
      12. Ginger St James…..Please Mr Driver….from the Diesel and Pease release and from Hamilton.
      13. Tami Neilson… Miss Jones…from her latest release Sassafrass.
      14. Charles Bradley….Victim Of Love….from his last release Black Velvet.
      15. Pursuit Of Happiness….I’m An Adult Now….from the 12” version and they were in town last night.
      16. The Odds….Someone Who’s Cool….from their 1996 Nest release and they were in town with Pursuit Of Happiness.
      17. Newport Electric….Dance To The Beat….from their latest release, Thin Wild Mercury and they are from London.
      18. Neverbetters……Devil In White….from their latest download and are also from London.
      19. John Jordan….London Girl….from a brand new download.
      20. The Only Ones…..Another Girl Another Planet…from their 1979 Special View release.
      21. XTC…..Radios In Motion….from their self titled release and a request from last week.
      22. Captain Beefheart…..Floppy Boot Stomp….from the Batchain Puller release.
      23. The Saints…..No Time….from their I’m Stranded release and from 1977.
      24. The Saints….Kissin’ Cousins…. As above.
      25. UIC….New Race…from the recently remastered Like 90 release and on the Like 90 Records label.
      26. The Chickens….White Squirrel Town….from their Prepare To Plug In release and from 2000.
      27. MC5….Shakin’ Street….from their High Time release from 1979.
      28. The Honey Combs…..Have I The Right….from a 10” EP and for Drummer Honey Lantree who passed away this week.
      29. The Hollies….Bus Stop….from a 7” and for Eric Haydock, long time bass player for The Hollies who passed away this week.
      30. The Hollies….Look Through Any Window….from their EP collection and as above.
      31. Joe Strummer…..Letsagetabitarockin’…..from the brand new Joe Strummer 001 release.
      32. Joe Strummer…..Keys To Your Heart….as above.
      33. Brown Hornets…..Drug Mule….from their self released release from 2007 and they were from Oshawa.

Big Thanx for all the crazy phone calls, emails, messages and Heys!!! That’s what keeps us going….back again next week with a bunch of request, some Big Chief (for Phil Durr who passesd away) and some SF garagerock (for Tom Guido who passed away this week) and lots more!!

• January 19, 2019 2:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist January 18/2019

1. Budokan……The Right On Girl….from their Spin A Little Gold release from a few years back and from Victoria BC. Nice powerpop to open this edition.
      2. Twin Fin….City Of Sin….from their Whiskey Wine and Venom Love release and they are playing at Winks tonight here in London Ontario.
      3. Dustaphonics…..When You Gonna Learn….from their Party Girl release on Dirty Water Records from a coupla years ago. Meant to play a different track, but this one is just as good!
      4. Condition….Ghost Train….from It Came From Canada Volume 2, in a series of 5 releases put out by OG Records in the late 80’s. Defining cool Canadian indy combos! Condition were from Montreal, released at least 2 long players. Remember seeing them at Call The Office, and they set up all tables that night for this jazz/blues/trad combo.
      5. UN Jefferson….Testify…from their recent self titled debut release and we had singer Ajay on the phone a couple shows back.
      6. Kman and the 45’s….Piece Of The Action….from their recent self titled release and from Montreal.
      7. Shoobies….Flat….from their Nevermind The Hardcore release.
      8. Mack MacKenzie and Chip Kinman…It's Not Worth It...from their recent Cua Tro De Los Angeles release and all money from this goes to the recently passed Tony Kinman’s widow to help with expenses. Chip and Tony are infamous for their Dils and Rank & File combos.
      9. Eugene Ripper….Nothern Train….from the recent Fast Folk Underground 5 release and Eugene is a vet from the late 70’s with Stark Naked and The Fleshtones that used to play here in London.
      10. Jerry Jerry and the Sons Of Rhythm Orchestra….You’ve Lost That Radical Look….from the It Came From Canada Volume 1 release. JJ and the Sons were the hardest drinking band we ever came across and based in Edmonton.
      11. UIC….Nashville Dreamin’…from the recently re-ished Our Garage that is now out in all formats except 8 track and DAT.
      12. UIC….Lockjaw Bay….from the recently re-ished Live Like 90 live recording from Lee’s Palace. Like above and should be available at most record stores.
      13. UK Subs….CID….from the Another Kind Of Blues release from 1979 and went out to Mike to warm him up in his garage.
      14. Urban Dogs….Limo Life….from a 1983 7” that features the Subs Charlie Harper and Vibrators Knox amongst others. Sure sounds like the Subs to me!
      15. UK Subs….Tomorrow’s Girls….from the Another Kind Of Blues release and again for Mike.
      16. Big Chief….Brake Torque….from a 1989 7” and goes out to lead guitarist Phill Durr who passed away last week. These guys blew me away when I first heard them, punk meets funk meets super hard guitars courtesy of Phil.
      17. Big Chief….500 Reasons….from the Face release on Sub Pop and think this was the first long player from this combo.
      18. Big Chief….Superstupid….from the above 7” and my fave Big Chief song! The artwork on their releases is phenomenal and well worth checking out if you ever come across any.
      19. Panic….Can’t Cope….from their self released long player from 2013 and features Londoner Greg Sweetland on the thick strings.
      20. Peter and the Wolves….Hot Foot Woman….from their recent Howlin’ and Prowlin’ release and from Calgary.
      21. Catl….Baby You All Wrong….from their latest, Bide My Time Until I Die.
      22. DT’s….Don’t Mess With Cupid…from a 7” on Get Hip from 2008 and goes out to Danny Bee!
      23. Joe Strummer…..It’s A Rockin’ World…from the recent Joe Strummer 101 release that evolved due to some London Ontario connections that were mentioned last week.
      24. Teengenerate….Top Down…from the Oh Canaduh compilation on Lance Rock Records and our set dedicated to the recently passed Tom Guido who ran the Purple Onion club in SF. Tom played host (and other things) to all in the garage/punk and other related sub genres of music at his highly acclaimed club that ran most of the 90’s.
      25. Troublemakers….Please Don’t Touch Me There…from their self titled release on Screaming Apple Records and played the Purple Onion.
      26. Trashwomen….I’m Dangerous….from their Deep Space release and another combo that made a name for themselves (good or bad, that’s your choice) by playing at the Purple Onion.
      27. Invisible Surfers….Mucho Perico….from their recent Desert King release on Lost In Tyme Records out of Greece.
      28. Randall Pee Coltane…Fort Likkerdale…from the just arrived Fort Likkerdale release from these Hard Livers that have been exiled to  the Barrie Ontario area.
      29. Al Green….Love Ritual…..from The Absolute Best release and from 1975….Killer cut to end the show with.

Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, messages, texts and Heys!!!! Back again next week with more tunes and yammerin’.

• January 27, 2019 6:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist January 25/2019

1. Krista D…..Landmine… from her recent Look At Me I’m… release and from Edmonton.
      2. Frankie and Jimmy….Lil Red Riding Hood….from their latest Blues On The Brain release. We did a short trib to F&J as their demise was announced in the last week or so. They had played London a few times and even recorded a live set here on Radio WW back in 7/9/15…
      3. Frankie and Jimmy….Smokestack Lightning….live on Radio WW on the above mentioned show.
      4. Frankie and Jimmy….Spread The News….as above.
      5. Pack AD….This Terror…..from their recent re-ish of Tintype and they started out in a blues mode somewhat similar to Frankie and Jimmy. Pack AD played Call The Office in the early fall and said it may be their last time in London for awhile.
      6. Better Known As….The Rising….brand new demo from a local duo in which bass player Cam Marshman was in The Bopcats in their early days.
      7. Go Betweens….People Say….from their The Pied Piper Followed Us release of 78/79 recordings and from Australia.
      8. Now Time Delegation….Nothing But A Heartache….from their Watch For Today release on In The Red Records. Features the mighty fine vocal stylings of Lisa Kekaula and the guitar manglings of long time vet Tim Kerr along with a host of others.
      9. Lee Fields and the Expressions…It Rains Love….from a recent release at the station.
      10. The Daktaris….Quiet Man Is A Dead Man….from the recent re-ish of Soul Explosion and several members of this combo went on to Antibalas (played them near the end of the show) and the whole Daptone sound/explosion in New York City.
      11. The Rizdales….One More Beer….from their recent Lucky Enough release and from London Ontario.
      12. Louvin Brothers….Satan Is Real….from their Satan Is Real release from 1959.
      13. Rusty and Doug Kershaw…Hey Mae….from their Cajun Country Rockers release on Bear Family Records from 1979. The Sci-Phonics used to cover this one as well as several others from this classic release! As you can hear from the last 2 tracks, sometimes brothers harmonize so well together!
      14. Jerry Lee Lewis….Rambin’ Rose….from the JLL Box Set on Charly and an out take from 1961/62. This could be where the MC5 found this little rocker that they took to the next level.
      15. Snake Rattlers…..Lose My Mind…from the about to be released All Heads Will Roll on the mighty Dirty Water label from the UK.
      16. Weird Omens….A Place I Want To Know….from a brand new 7” on the Dirty Water label.
      17. Jake Starr and the Delicious Features….All The Mess I’m In….brand new release on Beluga out of Sweden and fave band name of this week’s show!
      18. Reverberations…..So Strange….another brand new release from Sweden’s Beluga Records.
      19. Florida Razors….No More Time To Run….from the Half A Rock’n’Roll Record from the mid 80’s and features Tom Wilson on vocals and guitar.
      20. The Shakers…Baby It’s True….from the In Time release and features Dave Rave on vocals and guitar. Dave is back in Teenage Head and they are about to re-release their first album.
      21. King Biscuit Boy….Badly Bent…from the Official Music release from 1972.
      22. Kensington Hillbillies…..Guns Of Brixton….from The Crooked Beat release and the last 4 bands have all been from Hamilton.
      23. The Hypnotics…..Can’t Stand It….from their Modern Art Entertainment release and from Windsor Ontario. We had this trio on last summer doing a live to air.
      24. Oil Tasters…..That’s When The Brick Goes Through the Window…from their 1982 self titled debut album and from Milwaukee.
      25. Urban Verbs….Angry Young Men….from their 1980 self titled debut and from Washington DC.
      26. The Hookup…Go and Hide…from their Cruel Sounds release on Transistor 66 Records and when the band was based in Saskatoon. They’ve since moved back to Montreal.
      27. PJ Harvey…50 Foot Queenie…from the Rid Of Me release from 1993.
      28. Billy Rankin…Baby Come Back….from the Growin’ Up Too Fast release and features Ted McKenna on drums who passed away earlier this week. Ted was a Scottish drummer who recorded and played with many, including Rory Gallagher and…..
      29. Alex Harvey Band…..Gang Bang…from the Next…release.
      30. Funkadelic….Superstupid….from the Best Of Early Days release and we played Big Chief’s version of this one last week and had a request for the original.
      31. Antibalas…..The Ratcatcher….from their self titled release.

Ran outta time, certainly not material. Thanx Tons for all the emails, messages, texts, phone call and craziness!!!

Back again next week with a whole pile of requests from this week

• February 3, 2019 10:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist February 1/2019

1. Coaching For Sara…..Receive…..brand new recording we got earlier this week.
      2. Positively Stompin….Just A Little Bit….from their Junk Drawer release and a request. 2 of the member of this band were in UIC and another was an occasional member. They were inspired by…
      3. Stompin’ Tom Connors….Tillsonburg…..from a Boot single and a song that pretty well everyone from around this area knows.
      4. UIC…..Crop Dustin’….from the recently re-ished Our Garage release which is available locally.
      5. UIC….Green Lady….from the recently re-ished Like 90 release which is available locally.
      6. Dogmatics…..Gimme The Shakes….from a 1983 7” and a request from last week.
      7. Bath Salts…..Cool Like The Music…from the Mardi Gras release and they are playing tonight at the Richmond.
      8. The Mongrels….All Systems Go…..from their demo and they are playing Sunday at the Richmond for their monthly Rock’n’Roll Rent Party.
      9. Miesha and the Spanks…..Leather Jacket….from their Gods Of Love release from a couple years back.
      10. Shoobies…..JROL….from their recent Nevermind The Hardcore release and they played last night at the 765 Old East. Drove down and was going to go see them, but there were at least a dozen police cars and an ambulance or 2 all with lights flashing, down a couple doors. No idea what was going down, but I wasn’t sticking around to find out. Shoobies played unaware of the outside activities.
      11. The Thing From Outer Space…..Penetration….from their most recent download.
      12. The Stairs….Weed Bus…from the brand new re-ish of Mexican R’n’B release and this was a big fave of Rob Munro when it came out originally.
      13. Jon Spencer…..Trash Can….from the recent Spencer Sings The Hits release.
      14. Randall Pee Coltrane….Riptide…from their recent Fort Likkerdale release.
      15. UK Jefferson….Monday Morning…..from their recent self titled debut release.
      16. Thornetta Davis…Try To Remember….from her Sunday Morning Music release and features the recently departed Phil Durr on guitar.
      17. Blue Cheer….Summertime Blues…..from the Vincebus Eruptum release and goes out to drummer Paul Whaley who was their long time drummer.
      18. Blue Cheer…..Just A Little Bit….from a single. These guys were supposedly the loudest band around and helped bring us from the hippy/flower mania of the late 60’s into the heavier 70’s.
      19. Dustbin Flowers…..Just Like A Dream….from their recent Made To Last release…not sure if I played this here, or a little later on.
      20. River City Tanlines….Nothing Means Nothing….from their All 7 Inches Plus 2 More release…love the name of this one!
      21. Avengers….American In Me….start of an Avengers set for the recently departed James Calvin Wilsey who played bass for this combo. James was also the guy who played guitar on Chris Isaak’s first couple of releases and created the whole Chris Isaak sound of dreamy sonic guitar noise.
      22. Avengers…..We Are The One…. As above.
      23. Avengers….Car Crash…. As above.
      24. Avengers…..Corpus Christi…..as above.
      25. Avengers…..Paint It Black…. As above….Avengers were one of the very first punk combos from San Fran.
      26. Mr Airplane Man….C’mon DJ….from their C’mon DJ release on Sympathy For The Record Industry.
      27. Joan Jett….Roadrunner….from her Fit To Be Tied release.
      28. Sahara Hot Nights…..Walk On the Wire….from their 2004 Kiss And Tell release and from Sweden.
      29. Reverend Horton Heat…..Whole New Life…from the release of the same name and Bloodshot Bill announced he will be touring with these guys and playing with them as part of the tour! And Bloodshot Bill comes back to town on March 10th to Call The Office.
      30. Peter and the Wolves….Beatrice….from their recent Howlin’ and Prowlin’ release.
      31. The Bopcats….Caroline….from a 7” and we’re outta time…..

Big Thanx for all the phone calls, messages, emails, texts and Heys!!! That’s what fuels us!!

Back again next week for more!!!

• February 9, 2019 4:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist February 8/2019

1. Chain and the Gang….Why Not…from the Best Of Crime Rock from a couple years ago. This wasn’t the track I had intended to start the show with, but it’s a good one anyways.
      2. The Rizdales….Honky Tonk Honeymoon….from their recent Lucky Enough release and has a mention of the Richmond, which is where they are playing today.
      3. 3 O’Clock Train….Bluer Than You….from the recent Cua Tro De Los Angeles release and the Train is scheduled at Fitzrays on March 6th.
      4. Flamin’ Groovies….City Lights….from their 1971 Teenage Head release and keeps us in a kind of country vibe for this set. As most of you know, this release was where Hamilton’s Teenage Head got their name.
      5. Sheesham and Lotus and Son…..Ida Red….from their 2018 Clear The Table Release. Sheesham is scheduled to play the Cuckoo’s Nest on Sunday, here in London.
      6. Delta Stone and the Wardogs….Ain’t Got The Blues….from their Cajun Queen release from last year and they are playing a benefit tonight at Winks here in London.
      7. Weird Omens…..Highway…..from their recent release on Dirty Water Records out of the UK.
      8. Snake Rattlers…..Aither’s Theme….from their brand new All Heads Will Roll release on Dirty Water Records. This is a husband wife duo with a primal roots rock attack and are from the UK.
      9. The Reply….There Shall Come A Time…..from their Downtown Soul release from 2013 and they were based in Toronto. Played London a coupla times and were an amazing live act! Former Londoner James Bond plays keys and sometimes lead vocals.
      10. King Khan and the Shrines….On A Brass Bed….from their 2004 Mr Supernatural release. Around the time of this release, they played here at Call The Office and there were almost as many people on stage as in the sparse crowd. It was their first date of a North American tour and they absolutely floored me that night and made a fan for life!
      11. Jackie Shane…..Sticks and Stones….from her Any Other Way release from last year. This release is nominated for a Grammy in the historical release category. Also there’s an interview with Jackie on the CBC website, first interview in probably 50 years as Jackie went into seclusion after her star days in the Toronto soul scene. Similar to the Betty Page story in which she’s finally found after many decades of hiding.
      12. Jackie Shane….Any Other Way…. As above.
      13. Deadly Snakes….So Young And So Cruel….from their Porcella release from 2005. The only time I ever saw this combo, was at Call The Office and Greg Cartwright was in the band as he appeared on their 2001 release, I’m Not Your Soldier Anymore.
      14. Stance….Sweet Tooth….from their I Left Love Behind A Long Time Ago release from 2009. The band is from Halifax and did play a couple of shows here in London and we even had them as guests right here on Radio WW many years back.
      15. Andy Butler….Oh Heartbreak….from Andy’s brand new Garage Heartbreak release and a bit of a change from his usual guitar powerpop sounds. But as always, great sounding material and you’ll be hearing more of this one on Radio WW.
      16. Coaching For Sara….Receive….from their brand new download and from right here in London via Walkerton.
      17. Paris Street Rebels….I Don’t Wanna Die Young….brand new release at the station from this Scottish combo.
      18. Bleeter…..Cocaine….download from this local combo of veterans that play out every now and again.
      19. TVD….I’d Kiss You Honey But You’re Standing On My Bottom Lip….from their Salvation Through Distraction release from 2016 and they were playing the evening this show aired.
      20. Bloodshot Bill and Shannon….True….from a recent 7” and Bloodshot Bill plays Call The Office on March 10th with usual headliners catl opening up. This one’s gonna be amazing!!
      21. Nina Simone….Buck….from her Sings The Blues release from 1967.
      22. Dashboard Rattle…Fla Blues….from their brand new self titled release and from right here in London Ontario. They sold out the London Music Club at their CD release party last weekend and the CD will be in stores momentarily.
      23. Evan Johns and the H Bombs….Vacation….from their 1982 Rollin’ Through The Night release on Alternative Tentacles as label head Jello Biafra was a big fan of this combo. We got to see them a few times, Oshawa and Hamilton, but they never did get here to play.
      24. Randall Pee Coltrane….Fort Likkerdale….from their recent Fort Likkerdale release.
      25. Headless Horsemen…..Bitter Heart….from their 1987 Can’t Help But Shake release and they played here in London at Key West prior to the release of this one. They’ve just released an outtakes LP and there’s a blog called Shake Some Action that has several HH entries including one with some pics taken right here when they played Key West.
      26. The Midways….Little GT…from their 2003 Pay More and Get A Good Seat release and they were from Toronto.
      27. Thee Headcoatees…..Louis Riel…from their Have Love Will Travel and it’s always cool when a UK combo sings about a significant historical event that happened here in Canada.
      28. The Minstrels….Rock’n’Roll Star….from their 1997 West Coast Time Trippers release. Originally from Quebec City, this combo moved around a fair bit and had their first release on What Wave Records back in 1989.
      29. The Bell Rays….Blues For Godzilla….from their 1993  Let It Blast release.
      30. American Flamewhip….Gasoline….from their Fingertight release from 2006 and features J-Rod on vocals and guitar. She went on to the Angry Dragons, one of the best garage combos to ever come out of Winnipeg.
      31. Karen Monster….Kill…from the Necessary Evil release from 1993 and a disciple of the Johnny Thunders school of cool.
      32. Etta James…..Tough Lover….from a Greatest Hits comp and originally released back in 1956.

Out of time, but certainly not tunes! Big Thanx for all the emails, messages, texts, phone calls and Heys!!! That’s what makes it all worthwhile!

Back again next week and the following week we’re doing an all Black show as this is Black History Month here in Canada.

• February 24, 2019 7:42 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist February 22/2019. All Black Show as this is Black History Month

1. Screaming Jay Hawkins….I Put A Spell On You….started with Screaming Jay’s best known song to get things rolling. From 1954!
      2. Rance Allen….Lying On The Truth….from a Stax Profiles release which came out in 1982, but this track is live and probably from the Wattstax Concert 1973.
      3. Rufus Thomas….Memphis Train….1967 release and from a Best Of Stax compilation.
      4. Sam And Dave….I Take What I Want….from the Stax Years compilation.
      5. Otis Redding….Shake….from 1965 and on the double LP of Otis’ Greatest Hits that came out in the early 70’s.
      6. Eddie Floyd…Raise Your Hand….a 1967 release and this and the above 4 songs were all released on Stax Records out of Memphis.
      7. Titus Turner….Build A Bridge Not A Wall….1961 recording and on his Sound Off release and should be played during these times.
      8. Nina Simone….Mississippi Goddam….from 1964 and on a Greatest Hits compilation.
      9. John Lee Hooker….Motor City Is Burning….1967 recording and on a Chess Greatest Hits compilation.
      10. Stevie Wonder….Living In The City….from the Innervisions release from 1973 and we played the full album length version.
      11. Last Poets….New York New York….from their 1970 self titled release and one of the first rap releases.
      12. Curtis Mayfield….If There’s A Hell Below….from a Curtis Greatest Hits and the album full length version.
      13. Bell Rays….Hole In The World…from their Let It Blast release from 1998.
      14. Gil Scott-Heron….The Revolution Will Not Be Televised….from the release of the same name and from 1971.
      15. The Impressions….Choice Of Colors…..from the Young Mods Forgotten Story from 1969.
      16. Marvin Gaye….What’s Going On?...from his Anthology release and from 1971.
      17. Cleo Page…..California Prison Farm….from a compilation called Going To California on JSP and this song was released in 1979.  Searching for more Cleo Page if anyone can help.
      18. Blind Willie Johnson….Dark Was The Night….from a release of the same name and from 1928. This song, along with many others were launched into space several years back. The idea being that if aliens find this and can listen to this they will get an idea what our music is like….
      19. Sister Rosetta Tharpe….I Shall Know Him….from her 1956 Gospel Train release and wasn’t the song I intended to play….if there were no screwups, it wouldn’t be a Radio WW!
      20. Phillips Specials….I’m A Soldier….a 1976 release on the compilation Fire In My Bones, an excellent compilation of gospel from 1944-2007. It’s on the Tompkins Square label and came out in 2009.
      21. Reverend Charlie Jackson….God’s Got It….from the Crypt release of the same name and recorded back in 1973.
      22. Muddy Waters….Tomcat….from Muddy’s least favourite release, 1968’s Electric Mud. Way different than any of Muddy’s other work, but a fave of mine.
      23. The Temptations….Psychedelic Shack…..from the Psychedelic Soul compilation and this is the album length version of the track from 1969.
      24. Bo Diddley….Elephant Man….1970 recording on the Drive By release.
      25. Death…..Freakin’ Out….from the For The Whole World release that came out in 2009 and introduced the world to Death. Originally recorded in 1975.
      26. Tarig Abubakar and the Afro Nubians….Hobey Laik….from the release of the same name from 1997 and these guys used to play Sunfest fairly regularly. Their live shows here were incredible and none of their releases have captured that intensity. Tarig went home to Sudan and ended up dying in a traffic accident.
      27. Andre Williams….Psycho….from his 1999 Red Dirt release featuring The Sadies as his backup band.
      28. Pat Hare….I’m Gonna Murder My Baby….Sun recording from the early 50’s but what makes it scary is that Pat went out and did just that. He ended up spending the rest of his life in prison. Alcohol and Pat did not mix well.
      29. Howlin’ Wolf….Highway Man….another early Sun recording and it might be Pat Hare playing the guitar on this track.

Out of time, certainly not tunes. Back again next week with tribs to Rick Rivets, Peter Tork and Jackie Shane and a ton of new releases!

It’s always a load of fun doing these specials and if you have anything you’d like to hear a special on, don’t hesitated to drop a line.

Thanx Tons for all the phone calls, emails, messages and Heys!!

• March 3, 2019 7:30 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist March 1/2019

1. Pack AD….Paper Bag….from the recently re-ished Tintype and the Pack AD are presently on tour in Europe.
      2. Shoobies….Girl Or Gator….from the Never Mind The Hardcore release and Shoobies were playing at the Isolation Party Record release yesterday at Call The Office.
      3. 3 O’Clock Train….It’s Not Worth It….from the recent Cua Tro De Los Angeles EP and they are coming to London on Wednesday March 6th at Fitzrays.
      4. 3 O’Clock Train….Train Of Dreams…from the Wig Wam Beach release.
      5. Mack MacKenzie….The Devil Likes Me….from a live to air 6/16/2017 on Radio WW. Mack is the leader of 3 O’Clock Train and Wednesday is a rare chance to see the band live here in London.
      6. Hiroshima Hearts…Spend Your Money….from the Bone EP and HH were at Rumrunners last night.
      7. Twin Fin…..Jungle Room…from the Wine Whiskey Wine and Venom Love release and they are at the Richmond today from 4PM.
      8. Black Frame Spectacle…..Bust Out The Boogie…from the Grady Sessions release and they were playing at Rumrunners last night with Hiroshima Hearts.
      9. Dustbin Flowers….Perfect Machine….from the Made To Last release and they are at Fitzrays tonight.
      10. The Monkees….Let’s Dance On….from their first LP and a song covered by UIC many times. This is part of our set dedicated to Peter Tork who passed away last week.
      11. The Monkees….She…from their More Of The Monkees release.
      12. The Monkees….Sweet Young Thing….from their first LP and this one was always a fave of mine when I bought this record over 50 years ago! The Monkees were a HUGE influence on myself and many of the same age group as we saw them on television every week and being a rock star sure looked like the life!
      13. The Monkees….Steppin’ Stone….from the More Of The Monkees release and way before this song became a staple of garage and punk combos.
      14. Catl….Baby You All Wrong…from the Bide My Time Till I Die release and they are coming to town Sunday March 10th at Call The Office with Bloodshot Bill. And then again Friday March 15th with 63 Monroe at the Richmond.
      15. Snakerattlers…Lose My Mind…from their recent Heads Will Roll release on Dirty Water Records and a 2 piece with the same arrangement as catl.
      16. A Bunch Of Jerks….70’s Euro Minge….from the brand new Rum Bar compilation release out of Boston. Proving once again, Boston has a major music scene and always has. We’ll be playing many more tracks from this release in upcoming shows.
      17. Frankie and the WitchFingers….Pleasure….from the recent ZAM release we received at the station.
      18. Corpse Grinders….Mental Moron…..from a Fan Club release back in the mid 80’s and this features Rick Rivetts, who passed last week. Rick was in the combo Actress before it became the New York Dolls and then played in a very early version of the band.
      19. The Brats….First Rock Star On The Moon….from the Max’s Kansas City release from 1977 and this was another of Rick Rivetts combos. Killer powerpop and easily my fave song on this compilation.
      20. Andy Butler….Gonna Be Your Man…from the recent Garage Heartbreak release. Andy goes garagepunk for a release…who knows what Andy has up his sleeve for his next release!
      21. UIC….You Drive Me Mad….from the recent re-ish of Our Garage and UIC have a live show coming up March 23rd in Toronto.
      22. Jackie Shane….Standup Straight and Tall….from the double LP release from last year, and Jackie passed away a little over a week ago. Elaine Banks (who did the Jackie Shane documentary on CBC Radio several years back) was finally able to interview Jackie for the first and only time a couple weeks ago. That interview is archived on the CBC site.
      23. Jackie Shane…Shot Gun….as above. And Jackie’s double LP did not win a Grammy unfortunately.
      24. Jackie Shane….New Way Of Love….as above.
      25. Washington Squares…..D Train….from their debut LP from 1987 and this goes out to Tom Goodkind who passed away this week. We got to see them twice here in London, once at Kiplings and then later at Call The Office.
      26. Washington Squares….You Can’t Kill Me… as above. This first release got a TON of airplay at WW HQ’s when it first came out and is still a fave to this day!
      27. Tina Peel…Knocking Down Guard Rails….from the 30 Seconds Over DC compilation from 1977. This set goes out to Skip Groff, one of the early pioneers getting the  Washington DC area up and going musically with the punk/new wave explosion. Skip had a record label (Limp, which is what this release is), did college radios, took pics, ran a record store for decades and kickstarted the scene. Huge Thanx to guys like Skip who work tirelessly behind the scenes!
      28. Jeff Dahl….Get Up And Dance….from the same release as above and it appears Jeff spend some time on the east coast prior to going west.
      29. Slickee Boys….Put A Bullet Through The Jukebox….from their compilation on Line Records out of Germany and another band that benefitted from Skip Groff’s hard work behind the scenes.
      30. Slickee Boys….When I Go To The Beach….from their Cybernetic Dreams Of Pi release and a fave song as well as band. Slickees were one of the first to embrace the 60’s garage/pop ethics way back in the late 60’s and paved the way for many. Found my Slickee Boys Fan Club card hidden in this record….I was number 199.
      31. Bob Bryden and Long Day Journey….What’s Your Bag….from the recent Abandoned Songs and Living Room Jams release. Bob was in Reign Ghost back in the late 60’s and also ran Star Records in Hamilton for many years.  Bob was the guy that helped get the Forgotten Rebels on Star Records and was producer (and aural genius behind the scenes) for their first long player.
      32. Long Day Journey…Balloon Ride…from the recent Music From A Bubble release and from Hamilton.
      33. Long Day Journey….Suburban Family Bein….as above.

Ran out of time but never tunes! Big Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, facebook messages, Heys etc!!!

Guess we had some signal issues toward the end of the show…as far as we could tell, there were no issues with the board and the issue may have been at the transmitter tower. Thanx to everyone for letting us know!

Next week it’s International Women’s Day so an all female show next week.

• March 11, 2019 5:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist March 8/2019. International Women’s Day.

1. Tami Neilson….Holy Moses….from her Don’t Be Afraid release from last year.
      2. The Rizdales…Honky Tonk Honeymoon….from their recent Lucky Enough release and mentions The Richmond Tavern.
      3. Catl….Superfly Lady…from their recent Bide My Time Till I Die release. Catl and Bloodshot Bill are at Call The Office on Sunday for an early show.
      4. Justin and The Unclean…..Margaritas and Second Hand Smoke…from the brand new RumBar compilation from the Boston area.
      5. Krista D…..Land Mine…from the Look At Me I’m…..release.
      6. Jill Porter….You Made Yourself Clear…from her self titled release.
      7. Neverbetters…..Alone….from their recent release at the station and from London.
      8. The Johnnys….Music Loverman…from their I Like It A Lot release from 2007
      9. Cordcalling….Ransomed Felon….from their recent Simplify release and from London Ontario.
      10. Geraldine Fibbers….California Tuffy….live recording and a request.
      11. Copper Crown….Child’s Play…from their recent Walk With Fire release.
      12. Barrymores….Our Ocean…from a 2003 Winnipeg ska compilation called All You Can Eat 2 and from our pal The Invisible Man whom we had on about a year or so ago.
      13. 10 Too Many….The End Of You…. As above and Winnipeg has a big ska scene.
      14. Rhoda w/Special AKA…The Boiler….from a Best Of 2 Tone compilation.   Right around this time, Fabienne Shine and Ross The Boss phoned in to talk about the big Shakin’ Street show happening at Call The Office tonight! To paraphrase Ross, they’re gonna blow the place up!!!
      15. Julia Lee….My Man Stands Out….from a compilation called Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll and a request.
      16. Little Esther….I’m A Bad Bad Girl…. As above.
      17. Big Maybelle….One Monkey Don’t Stop The Show….from an Okeh compilation of her tracks and by request.
      18. The Hellcats…Get Off The Road….from Swamp Surfing In Memphis compilation.
      19. Jesse Mae Hemphill…..She Wolf…from a compilation called It Came From Memphis.
      20. The Dahlmanns….American Heartbeat….from a recent 7”
      21. Tiger Bombs….Baby Come On….from their brand new release on Dionysus Records.
      22. Nikki and the Stingrays….Lipstick Letters….from their Back To Detroit release.
      23. Maow….Woman’s Scorn….from The Unforgiving Sounds Of…. release on Mint Records from 1996.
      24. Dex Romweber Duo…..Weird…from their Images 13 release and goes out to drummer Sara Romweber who passed away earlier this week. We had Dex and Sara live on the radio the last and only time they were through London. Sara was a major force on the drum kit and when she played here, all you could see were sticks and hair flying.
      25. The Zellots….On The Dole…from their flexi of unreleased Vancouver recordings.
      26. The Zellots….Social Elite…from their 1981 demos from London Ontario.
      27. Vancouger….Termporary Teamwork….from their Losin’ It release.
      28. The Stolen Minks….Violet Desmond….from their High Kicks release.
      29. Now Time Delegation….Hangin’ Tree….from their only release from 2001.
      30. Shangri-Las….Sophisticated Boom Boom….from a Greatest Hits compilation and we had to fade this one out.

Huge Thanx to Ross the Boss and Fabienne Shine of Shakin’ Street for taking the time to yammer on the phone with us about their big show tonight at Call The Office. Boy From Nowhere opens!

Big Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, texts, messages and Heys!! It was fun doing an all female show for International Women’s Day!

Back next week with members of 63 Monroe who are releasing a brand new album next Friday!

• March 23, 2019 3:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist March 23/2019. Special Guest Steven R Stunning.

1. The Dice….Crisis Landr…brand new recording and we will have 2 of the 3 members of The Dice on next week’s show. The Dice were a late 70’s to mid 80’s trio that released a couple of records, played The Cedar Lounge here in London a couple of times. They even had Mick Jagger singing backup on a song on their last album. We’ll get the details next week.
      2. Jasmine Minks….Step By Step…brand new arrival in the station from this Scottish powerpop combo.
      3. Coaching For Sara….Receive….from their latest recordings and from London/Walkerton. We’ve had them on air a couple of times for live to airs.
      4. Andy Butler…You Go Girl….from the recent Garage Heartbreak download and Andy is the leader of the 905’s who have played London a few times over the years.
      5. Paris Street Rebels….I Don’t Wanna Die Young….from a recent Dirty Water release we have at the station.
      6. Andre Williams….Cadillac Jack….from a live recording at Call The Office 10/5/2000 and was sparsely attended. Andre still put on an amazing show and one of my all time fave Call The Office shows! Andre thanked each and every one of us and invited us all up to the dressing room after the show! A true gentleman! The Strap was the backup band for this tour.
      7. Andre Williams….Raise Hell…as above. Left a few of Andre’s comments about the size of the crowd for all to hear.
      8. Andre Williams….Detroit Michigan….from the Bait And Switch LP on Norton Records from 2001. Andre worked with just about everyone in his career and this record is certainly no exception; Matt Verta-Ray, A Bones, Robert Quine, The Four Dollars, The Mighty Hannibal and so many more!
      9. Andre Williams…The Hold Up….from the Aphrodisiac LP from 2007 and this one features The Diplomats Of Solid Sound.
      10. Andre Williams….The Greasy Chicken….late 50’s single on Fortune Records out of Detroit.
      11. Andre Williams…Bacon Fat…as above. Andre had a career that spanned over 60 years and this little set is a very very short overview….Huge influence to The Cramps!  RIP Andre!
      12. Dick Dale….Miserlou….from a Greatest Hits comp and RIP to Dick, one of the originators of the surf guitar sound and certainly one that raised the bar for that genre. Touring was the only thing keeping Dick alive the last couple of years and he got to do it right up till the end.
      13. Dick Dale….Mr Eliminator…. As above.
      14. Dick Dale….The Wedge…. As above.
      15. 63 Monroe…..Drums Beat In The Background….from the brand new Faded Glory LP. This was the world radio premier for this release, and we had lead singer Steven R Stunning in the studio to talk about this record and the Record Release Party happening tonight at Call The Office.
      16. 63 Monroe…I Just Can’t Wait…. As above.
      17. 63 Monroe…Outside Of The Rat Race…as above.   Somewhere around here, we got Steven to explain the whole process of making a record and what’s involved. Hopefully some youngsters were listening and learning as Steven went through a couple of tricks to make things sound better.
      18. 63 Monroe….Faded Glory…. As above.
      19. 63 Monroe…Hot Mess… as above.
      20. 63 Monroe….Love Gets Messy… as above.
      21. 63 Monroe….Cold Crank….as above. Around here, Steven talked about a show he booked at Call The Office for Dee Dee Ramone and some of the obstacles he ran into.
      22. 63 Monroe….WWIII…. as above. Huge Thanx to Steven R Stunning for taking the time to drop by and let us spin his latest record! The record will be available at Speed City Records shortly.
      23. 63 Monroe….Punk Rock Goalie….from the Jeff LP.

Thanx for all the emails, phone calls, messages, texts and Heys!!! And BIG Thanx to Steven R Stunning for dropping by and yammering on the radio.

Back again next week, special guests The Dice.

• April 7, 2019 2:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist April 5/2019

1. Mack MacKenzie….It’s Not Worth It….from the recent Cua Tro De Los Angeles EP and Mack is on tour across North America right now.
      2. Lowdown Dirty Mojos…Lifers….from the brand new Scramin’ Hoodoo R’n’B release and feature former Londoner Paul Wootton on vocals and guitars. You may remember Paul from The Sinners, Spiral Scratch and Crawling King Snakes and now he’s in Hamilton. First London show May 3 at the Richmond.
      3. Dashboard Rattle….Fla Blue….from their recent debut release and from London.
      4. DOA….Whatcha Gonna Do….from the Something Better Change LP from about 1980 and goes out to our pooch, Joey Shithead who turned 2.
      5. Ten Heads…..You Clean Me Up…from their Swimming and Singing release and they played the Richmond last night.
      6. 63 Monroe….Drums Beat In The Background….from their brand new Faded Glory LP and they are playing next Friday at the Richmond.
      7. Running From Daylight….Breathing Fyre….from their Elvis Ain’t Dead Yet release and they will be playing with 63 Monroe next Friday along with local stunt artist and all around crazy Fenyxfyre whom this song is about.
      8. Imelda May…..Love Tattoo….from the 2007 release of the same name.
      9. Frankie and the Blue Angels….Little Sister….from a live recording at the long gone Kiplings  5/15/1988 and a request from The Dice who were in the studio during last week’s show. The Dice, along with John Welton were The Blue Angels.
      10. Bachman Turner Overdrive….Blue Collar….from their first LP from 1973 and features Londoner John B Young on uncredited tambourine.  John was inducted into the London Music Hall Of Fame a couple weeks back, and mentioned this to me. John was a roadie for BTO as well as their precursor, Brave Belt.
      11. Brave Belt….Another Way Out….from a 7” record.
      12. Brad Marino….Broken Clocks…from the brand new Extra Credit release and some mighty fine powerpop!
      13. Coaching For Sara…..She Cums In Waves….brand new download and goes out to Shane Sawyer as it was his birthday when this aired.
      14. MG & The Escorts….Someday Fool….from Nightmares From The Underworld, a compilation of 60’s Canpunk. This goes out to singer Graham Power who passed away last week.
      15. The Bad Beats….What You’re Trying To Say….from their recent Off The Hook release on Sound Flat Records out of Germany, but these youngsters are from Vancouver. Mighty fine 60’s style garagepunk that kinda reminds me of The Woggles out of Atlanta. You’ll be hearing lots more from this one!
      16. The Mongrels….All Systems Go….Usual first Sunday of the month at the Richmond for the Rock’n’Roll Rent Party.
      17. B52s….Lava….from their debut full length from 1979. Played this as The B52s announced they will no longer be touring. Can’t recall them ever playing here in London.
      18. John Hammond Jr…..’Til The Money Runs Out….from his Wicked Grin release and the start of our Firehall tribute set. The Firehall was a long running blue grass, blues, Americana type club based here in London. Similar to what CBGB’s started out as, but waaaaaayyy cleaner and quite a bit smaller. All the acts in this set played The Firehall and some have been involved in the reunions over the years.
      19. Ellen McIlwaine….Regretting Blues….from the Everybody Needs It release which features Jack Bruce on bass. When we saw Ellen at the Firehall it was a solo show, just here and her amazing guitar skills.
      20. Mainline…..Dictator….from the No Substitute release and features Mendelson Joe on vocals and guitari.
      21. Cub Koda….Bo Diddley…..live recording from the Firehall 4/17/1986. My first time seeing the Legendary Cub and he delivered the goods and more for the small but overly appreciative crowd that night! A Great showman and he could back it up his encyclopedic knowledge of music! Used to love reading his Goldmine columns as he knew what records I needed!
      22. Shadows Of Knight….Gospel Zone….from the Edsel Gloria re-issue.  Lead guitarist Joe Kelley used to play The Firehall on a somewhat regular basis and I stupidly never went to see him. And this is the end of our Firehall tribute set.
      23. Chocolate Watchband….Take A Ride….from their recent This Is My Voice release on Dirty Water Records.
      24. April March….Chick Habit….from her self titled release on SFTRI and the start of our female artists on compilation set….for all our regular GBG listeners out there!
      25. Fabienne Delsol….I’m Gonna Haunt You….from the Damaged Goods Cheap Sampler Volume 3. Damaged Goods is another of my fave labels as they have been re-ishing some of the stuff I missed in the 80’s and 90’s.
      26. Ludella Black…Love Pours Out From My Heart….as above.
      27. Lost Patrol….My Soul…from the Electric Carnival compilation on the Kinetic Vibes zine label out of France. Lost Patrol were from Windsor and played many of the clubs here in London in the mid 80’s to early 90’s and were featured on several What Wave releases.
      28. Tenement 13….Underworld…from the London Crawling cassette that came with What Wave zine 22 from 1996. London based and were previously known as The Hippies, under which they released a 7” record.
      29. Holly Golightly….Run Cold….from the Girl Groups Volume 1 compilation on Spinout Records.

Out of time but certainly never out of tunes to play! This edition was dedicated to The Big Dog who would have been 89 on the day this was aired!

Back again next week with more stuff!!

• April 20, 2019 4:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist April19/2019

1. The Heck….I Won’t Change….from the brand new Who? release on Dirty Water Records. This is a Dutch combo.
      2. Brother Leeds….Canadian Girl….local combo who are about to release an EP. Vets from the local scene with a new band.
      3. The Molice….Hello Hello….from their The Gate release and they will be playing at the Ebar in Guelph on Thursday. First and only Canadian show for this Japanese trio and put on by former CHRWer Adam Parrish.
      4. Drivin’ Beats….Everyday Girl…brand new song these US East coasters sent us this week.
      5. Andy Butler….Gonna Be Your Man….from his latest release, Garage Heartbreak.
      6. Soul Motivators….Free To Believe….from their release of the same name and they were in town last night.
      7. Rough Trade….Butch….from the Direct To Disc release and singer Carole Pope is coming to London on May 4th as part of the Soundcheck For Success event happening at London Music Hall. This event is part of London’s Music week which starts Friday with a live to air from the London Music Hall Of Fame. We’ll be yammering all about Music Week on next week’s Radio WW.
      8. Lowdown Dirty Mojos…Gunna Prey….from their brand new Screamin’ Hoodoo R’n’B and they are coming to the Richmond on Friday May 3rd.
      9. Bloodshot Bill….Stumble….from his latest full length, Come Get Your Love Right Now.
      10. Neko Case….Bowling Green….from The Virginian release and Neko is at London Music Hall on Sunday.
      11. Shannon and the Clams….Sleep Talk….from the release of the same name and Shannon Shaw is doing support for the Neko Case tour. She’s not with The Clams and it may be a country type of thing.
      12. Andre Bisson….How Many Times….from his latest release, Break. Caught Andre with a full horn section at London Music Club a couple of weeks back and it was a great show!
      13. Twitch….Rock’n’Roll Moment….from their 1979 Twitch and Shout release. Lead singer/guitarist Garwood Wallace was in the London Music Hall Of Fame a couple weeks back.
      14. Randall Pee Coltrane…Let Your Freak Flag Fly…from the Atomic Love Burrito release. Right before playing this one, Randall Pee Coltrane  phoned in to talk about Really Good Friday which was happening right as we were talking. Randall is a major behind the scenes motivator at this yearly fundraising event! We’re gonna get Randall and band into the studio here at Radio WW one of these days!
      15. Randall Pee Coltrane and the Hard Livers…..Fort Likkerdale….from the release of the same name.
      16. Randall and the Rivieras….Heartbreak and Sorrow…from their self titled release.
      17. UIC….Crop Dustin’….from the re-ish of the Our Garage release and this one is all about driving under the influence through farm fields and whatever else gets in the way!
      18. Boy From Nowhere… Southward Bound….recorded by the Nite Bat, John Gardi (who hosts a show on CHRW Sundays at midnight) at the Toys For Tots show 11/26/2016. Boy From Nowhere are playing tonight at the St Regis.
      19. Boy From Nowhere….Cars And Girls….live recording early 90’s at the Brunswick Hotel.
      20. Boy From Nowhere….Train Kept A Rollin’….from Thee Cave Comes Alive, a release on Action Records out of Greece which collects some of the more 60’s garage tunes from the What Wave cassette compilations.
      21. Elvis Costello….This Year’s Girl…..from the Rhino re-ish of This Year’s Model. This set is dedicated to Gary Stewart who passed away this week. Gary worked for Rhino Records and was the guy responsible for literally a TON of their really cool re-ishes! Check out any of your Rhino re-ishes and you’ll see Gary’s name in the credits.
      22. Elvis Costello….No Action….from the My Aim Is True re-ish on Rhino Records.
      23. Robin Lane and the Chartbusters….When Things Go Wrong…from the DIY  Mass. Ave release on Rhino. This one also goes out to Asa Brebner, guitarist in The Chartbusters who passed away a few weeks ago.
      24. Dangerous Birds….Alpha Romeo….from the above DIY Mass. Ave release. The DIY series is a great starting point if you’re into the whole late 70’s/early 80’s punk/new wave/pub/rock’n’roll scene that rocked the world! Not only are the essential tracks there, but some really cool obscure tracks, like this one are included. That, and great liner notes thanx to Gary Stewart!
      25. Bad Beats… The Way It Is….from their recent Off The Hook release and from Vancouver.  Guitarist Adam Payne was also the producer behind the scenes of the next 2 tracks…Big Thanx to Pete Feend for letting me in on this!
      26. Living Deadbeats…Lost….from the Hey Girl release from 2010.
      27. The Judys….Freedom 85….from their self released debut.
      28. DOA….Watcha Gonna Do….from the brand new 1978 release that collects a bunch of unreleased, demo and a few early single tracks from DOA.

Big Thanx to Randall Pee Coltrane for taking the time to phone us today!

Next week, we’re live from the London Music Hall Of Fame! Feel free to drop by the Museum and say Hey! Or just check out the museum as we’ve got some really cool stuff housed away!

• May 5, 2019 9:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist May 3/2019

1. The Hydes….Bad Nite….from the recent Self Preservation Instinct Zero on Rumble Skunk Records out of Greece. Greek combo and the singer reminds me of The Saints’ Chris Bailey.
      2. Pat Todd and the Rank Outsiders….You Made A Hit…from the recent You’re Dead release on Beluga Records out of Sweden.
      3. Lowdown Dirty Mojos…..Lifers….from the recent Screamin’ Hoodoo R’n’B release and they were in town on Friday at the Richmond.
      4. Lowdown Dirty Mojos… The Princes of Pot…as above. This song is about Marc Emery, long time pro pot activist who used to own City Lights Book Store here in London.
      5. The Sinners….No Brains Required…from a 7” and singer/guitarist Paul Wootton is now in the Lowdown Dirty Mojos.
      6. Boy From Nowhere…Wild In The Streets…live recording from 11/26/2016 and recorded by CHRW’s John Gardi, Sundays at midnight. Boy were opening for Lowdown Dirty Mojos on Friday.
      7. DOA….America The Beautiful…from the recent 1978 release of demos/live/singles on Sudden Death.
      8. Danko Jones….Instrumental…from the Garage Rock release and Danko is at London Music Hall on Thursday.
      9. Sylvain Sylvain….14th Street Beat….from his 1980 self titled release. We just heard that Sylvain is another with cancer and there is a go fund me page set up. Sylvain came to Call The Office at least twice, both times were great rockin’ shows!
      10. Rough Trade…Baptism Of Fire….live recording from the Spoke and Rim at Western University, circa 1980. Carole was in town yesterday as part of London Music Week and we got to meet her.
      11. Rough Trade….Take Me….from the Umbrella Direct To Disc release from 1977 and easily my fave Rough Trade release.
      12. Suffer Machine….Footsteps…from the CHRW Underground compilation from 1986 and features Lisa Patterson on sax, who was in town yesterday as part of London Music Week. Right around this time, Richard Beland called in to talk about his appearance that happened on Saturday as part of London Music Week. Richard is a long time photographer of the music scene and still does it to this day. Richard got his start here in London, first paying gig was The Legend Killers, a band that was on What Wave Records. We had no idea about this connection!
      13. Suffer Machine…No Faith In The Law….from their Deprogram release and as above.
      14. Dashboard Rattle….Sunday Afternoon….from their recent self titled release and they were at the London Music Club Friday as part of London Music Week.
      15. Twin Fin….Won’t Let You Go….from their Whiskey Wine and Venom Love and were also at the London Music Club on Friday as part of London Music Week.
      16. Tav Falco….Whistle Blower Blues….from the brand new Tribute To Sonny Vincent release and all proceeds go to helping Sonny and his family pay their Tremendous health care bills from the fire that hit them about 2 years ago. There’s a link on the Radio WW FB page on how to get this amazing 3 CD release.
      17. B Girls….Mystery….. as above.
      18. Bad Beats…What You’re Trying To Say….from the recent Off The Hook release on Sound Flat Records and these guys are from Vancouver.
      19. Brad Marino…..Broken Clocks….from his recent Extra Credit release and available on Beluga and Rum Bar Records.
      20. Steve Blimkie….On The Edge….from his self titled debut on Ready Records from about 1980 and on the back are many London Ontario references.
      21. Cherry Vanilla….The Punk….from her 1978 Bad Girl release. For all those wanna be punks!
      22. The Rizdales….One More Beer….from their recent Lucky Enough release and Tom and Tara are hosting the London Music Awards happening tonight at the London Music Hall.
      23. Frank Ridsdale….The Frog…from his Mod World Old World release and the Rizdales borrowed Frank’s last name for their band name as a tribute to Frank and all he  has done for the London music scene.
      24. Sci-Phonics….Apache….mid 80’s demo featuring Frank Ridsdale on vocals and guitar legend Jerry Fletcher.
      25. Johnnie Allan…Promised Land….1971 recording from the Ace compilation Another Saturday Night. Frank was inspired by New Orleans music and Chuck Berry, hence the inclusion of this song.
      26. Al Green…You Say It….from the Raw! Rare! And Unreleased! Release from 1990.
      27. Booker T and the MG’s…..Time Is Tight…from a Rhino Instrumental release and the perfect way to end the show.

Big Thanx to Richard Beland for taking the time to yammer on the phone and we had no idea about the Legend Killers connection!

Back again next week and Thanx to all that came out for London Music Week!!! So much overlooked talent in this city!

• May 11, 2019 1:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist May 10/2019

1. Flesh Rag….In Another Dimension….from the recent Sonny Vincent Tribute triple CD. Flesh Rag are from Hamilton and are one of several Canuck combos on this excellent CD set that is raising money for Sonny’s son  and family that were seriously injured in a fire. Ordering details are on the Radio WW FB page and on Sonny Vincent’s FB page.
      2. Newport Electric….The Way Out Is In….from their So It Goes release and last weekend NE won in the rock category at our annual Forest City London Music Awards. Congrats!
      3. Delta Stone and the Wardogs….Ain’t Got The Blues….from their Cajun Queen release and last weekend DS won in the blues category at our annual Forest City London Music Awards. Congrats!
      4. Black Frame Spectacle….A Line In The Sand…from their Grady Sessions and last weekend BFS won in the punk category at our annual Forest City London Music Awards. Congrats! And Congrats to all the other winners at this year’s event! And Thanx to all the volunteers and organizers of our annual London Music Week!!  There’s a TON of talent in this city, so get out and support live music!
      5. 63 Monroe….Drums Beat In the Background….from the recent Faded Glory release that is now available at select record stores here in London.
      6. Marshmallow Overcoat….Knights Of Fuzz…from the recent All You Need Is Fuzz release and it is the soundtrack to their All You Need Is Fuzz documentary. Just watched the documentary and there’s a little snippet of Marshmallow Overcoat playing at Call The Office from April 1989! Had no idea that was in there, so it was quite surprising! Remember that show well as the band stayed at our place that night and it snowed a little bit and one of the band members had never seen snow before as they are from Tucson!
      7. The Hydes….A Promise Is A Promise…from the recent Self Preservation Instinct Zero release on Rumble Skunk records out of Greece.
      8. Bad Beats….Can't You Understand...from the recent Off The Hook release on Sound Flat Records and from Vancouver.
      9. Hank and Frank….Nancy Sinatra….from a mid 80’s demo and Frank is Frank Ridsdale from Uranus, Sc-Phonics, Stetson Brothers, Slugfest and so many others. Hank is the singing bookman and currently in Tuerto Loco who cover this song and are playing at the St Regis tonight!
      10. Tuerto Loco….Glacier….from a live in the studio session here at Radio WW 5/12/2011. Can’t believe it’s been 8  years since this was done!
      11. Running From Daylight….Mary Jane….from a compilation out of Austin, Texas called Private Justices. RFD were nominated in the punk category at last week’s Forest City London Music Awards. Most of the show from here on, is London bands on compilations released outside of London Ontario. This is just the tip of the iceberg as so many London bands are known outside our city.
      12. Lonesome Ghost….Haunted By God…..from the Garage Punk Hideout Volume 2 and the GPH is an online gathering place for people into garagepunk music and its many variations. Lonesome Ghost were a 2 piece out of Aylmer, Ontario and were the only area band to be featured on this compilation series.
      13. Hell’s Half Acre….US Of Canada…from It Came From Canada Volume 4 and HHA were from Shedden Ontario, just south west of London. They were the only area band to be featured on this 5 volume series put out by OG Records of Montreal.
      14. Matadors….Evil Eye…from the first volume of Zombie Night In Canada compilation series. Matadors just recently did a show at the Old East 765 venue here in London.
      15. Wiggy Dunnit….Wasaga Beach….from the Boppin’ In Canada compilation released in the UK 1991. WD is Frank Ridsdale and drummer Dexter Beauregard, both of whom were in Uranus in the late 70’s/early 80’s.
      16. Motherlode….When I Die….from Made In Canada Volume 3 and this was a radio hit back in 1969. Formed at Thee Image (long gone club in London run by Nick Panaseiko) and one of the few London combos to crack the top 20 on AM radio.
      17. Grant Smith and the Power….Keep On Runnin’….from Made In Canada Volume 4 and another combo that Nick Panaseiko booked many times here in London in the mid to late 60’s. This tune also made the top 10 back in 1967.
      18. Lost Patrol….My Soul….from the Electric Carnival release on Kinetic Vibes Records out of France. Lost Patrol were from Windsor, but played just about every venue here in London and recorded several times at Dan Brodbeck’s studio, when it was still in his  parent’s basement.
      19. NFG….Weekend Punx….from a compilation CD that came with Rumble Skunk Zine #2 our of Greece. This also included an interview with all the band members that I could locate at that time. Here’s a link to the expanded interview:     http://radiowhatwave.blogspot.com/2018/10/nfgthe-band-from-london-ontario-canada.html 
      20. 63 Monroe…..Hyjack Victim….from Killed By Death Volume 10. Underground bootleg series of the early punk/new wave combos from around the globe.
      21. UIC….Wanna Go!!...from Johnny Hanson Presents Punk Rock Volume 1 on Wrong Records out of Vancouver. All hockey related songs as UIC were big into playing hockey.
      22. Flying Squad….Health Food….from the Mr Garager’s Neighbourhood compilation on OG Records that we put together back in 1989. Flying Squad were London Ontario’s only biker rock combo that scared off many a hipster with Tim Murphy’s intense facial antics!
      23. The Zellots….Blades…from the You Only Get One Shot at the Big Time on Wizzard in Vinyl out of Japan. There’s 3 tracks from The Zellots on this one, all from a 1980 recording session at EMAC Studios. Full colour booklet included that features pics of The Zellots playing in front of Flamingo Hair Salon on Dundas St from August 1980.
      24. The Sinners….No Brains Required….from the Only In Canada, Eh 77-81 compilation that also features another London combo, 63 Monroe. The Sinners were one of the first London bands to independently release a 7” single and this was the pick hit from that.
      25. Condo Christ….Patriotic Fever….from the Hamilton compilation Music From The Armpit Of Canada and are the only London band on this one.
      26. The Stinkies…..At The Boot….from the Lance Rock compilation On Canaduh! Volume 2. The Stinkies were from Toronto and covered this tune originally done by 63 Monroe. When a band from out of town covers your tune, that’s pretty amazing!!
      27. The Cheshyres….Too Many Women…from the Time Machine (The History Of Canadian 60’s Garage Punk and Surf 1985-1995) on Stomp Records. Technically not a London combo, but singer Wayne Pattern went to Western University for engineering and later was in a couple of London based combos.
      28. Boy From Nowhere….Heartful Of Soul….from Thee Cave Comes Alive on Action Records out of Greece. This is a vinyl compilation of a few of the 60’s garage oriented tunes that were on the cassettes that came with What Wave zine. And it’s the only appearance on vinyl of the BFN who have been on the scene here in London since about 1983! And they still put on killer shows to this day!
      29. Legend Killers…Cry Cry Cry…..as above, this is from Thee Cave Comes Alive. The Legend Killers were the only band to be featured on all of the compilations we’ve ever released…all the cassettes and vinyl! And thanx to lead singer Earle for calling in to thank me for playing this one. It was recorded at Dan Brodbeck’s studio when it was in his parent’s basement and featured Chris Mittleholtz on guitar.
      30. The Titans….Shamrock Bang….from the Oh Canaduh! Volume 2 compilation mentioned above, and this is a Japanese band covering a UIC song!
      31. Willie Nile….Vagabond Moon….from his 1980 self titled release and Willie played last night at This Ain’t Hollywood in Hamilton.
      32. Grievances…..Winona….from the Guns + Roses’ Roses release and Grievances are playing Tuesday night at Call The Office.
      33. Heart Attack Kids…..Glass Bones….from their recent 7” on Grooves Records and they are playing with Grievances.

Huge Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, FB messages and Heys!!! Got a stack of requests for next week that I’ll dig out of the archives! And Thanx to all that said HEY at last week’s London Music Week! Catch you next week as we usher in the long weekend!!!

• May 19, 2019 8:21 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist May 17/2019

1. Bloodshot Bill…Only Girl….from the recent Come And Get Your Love Right Now release on Goner Records. Bill is about to start a tour with Rev Horton Heat.
      2. The Kinks….Victoria….from 1969 and the namesake of this long weekend here in Ontario.
      3. Bum….Weekend….from a 7” on Au Go Go Records out of Australia, but the band is from Victoria BC and this is from 1992.  Great cover of The Dictators classic.
      4. NYDolls….7 Day Weekend…from the A Hard Night’s Day release on Norton Records and what we all aspire.
      5. UN Jefferson….Monday Morning….from their recent self titled debut.
      6. Lowdown dirty Mojos…..Mercy Mercy….from their recent Screamin’ Hoodoo R’n’B release and from Hamilton Ontario.
      7. Dashboard Rattle….Little Mis Selfie Taker…from their recent self titled debut and from London Ontario.
      8. Honey B and the T-Bones….Big Cat…from their Shake Your Shimmy release from 1992. From Finland and this trio used to play London a fair bit back in the 90’s.
      9. Weird Omen….Earworm…from their recent Surrealistic Feast release on Dirty Water Records.
      10. The Cads….Wasn’t Born Yesterday….from a 1978 7” and from Toronto. This set goes out to regular listener Tim from North Carolina. Tim’s visited London a number of times, most recently to see Teenage Head at CTO and visit the London Music Hall Of Fame’s Cedar Lounge display.
      11. Cardboard Brains….I Want To Be A Yank….from a 1978 7” and from Toronto.
      12. Goddo….Oh Carole, Kiss My Whip….from their 1978 Who Cares release and again from 1978.
      13. DOA….The Enemy…from the recent 1978 release. When The Skulls (pre-DOA) lived in Toronto, they came across Goddo playing at the Gasworks. They asked if they could use Goddo’s instruments to play a punk set when Goddo was on break. Goddo agreed, and The Skulls played a short punk set before being asked to leave as their sound was bothering the beer swilling crowd. The Skulls left, didn’t damage any of Goddo’s instruments and that was that.
      14. UIC….Blade In The Back….from the 1985 Accusonic Demos and this set goes out to Dan from Fort MacMurray, a HUGE UIC fan and another guy that we met at the London Music Hall Of Fame.
      15. UIC….New Rose…live recording at Call The Office from 3/16/1985. Video of this set exists and there’s a much younger version of myself making a fool of himself on the dance floor!
      16. UIC….Jumpin’ In The Night….live recording from Foufounes Electrique from 4/17/1987 and this was the band’s first show in Montreal and happened to be on a Good Friday according to the stage banter.
      17. Chris Wilson….Sympathy For The Devil….from his Back On The Barbary Coast release from 1993. This features Mike Wilhelm, who passed away earlier this week on guitar.
      18. Flamin’ Groovies….Do I Love You….from The Gold Star Tapes release and again features Mike on guitar. Mike joined the Groovies in 1978 from what I can figure.
      19. The Charlatans….32 20….1965 recording on Mindrocker Volume 3 and this was the band Mike was most known for. The Groovies covered this tune several years later.
      20. The Charlatans….The Shadow Knows….as above.
      21. Polymorphines….Anna Lee….from their The Slip EP from 2011. From Ottawa and they dropped by prior to their last show here in London a few years back.
      22. A Bunch Of Jerks….70’s Euro Minge…from the recent Rum Bar compilation at the station.
      23. Electric Cows….Prisoner Of Your Own Mind…from the recent Wheatfield Fuzz release on Dub Ditch Records out of Winnipeg.  Supposedly this is recordings done in the 80’s and just released now.
      24. Erasers…..Funny…..from the ROIR Singles, The Great New York Singles Scene release from 1982. Played this for singer/guitarist Susan Springfield who passed away this week. Susan was a lawyer in her post music career.
      25. Lucy and the Rats…..Melody….from their self titled debut release on Dirty Water Records.
      26. The Cynz…..Mean Girl….from the recent Tribute to Sonny Vincent 3 CD release.
      27. Marshmallow Overcoat….Suddenly Sunday….from their recent All You Need Is Fuzz soundtrack to the documentary of the same name. There’s a snippet of the band playing Call The Office from back in 1989 in the documentary.
      28. Bad Beats….Off The Hook….from the release of the same name and from Vancouver.
      29. Andy Butler….I’m Crushed….from the recent Garage Heartbreak release.
      30. Transylvania 500…..Future Shock…..from the 10000 Micrograms compilation and a 2 piece that used to play Call The Office a fair bit in the mid 90’s.
      31. Transylvania 500…..That’s Why I Built The Robot….as above.
      32. Transylvania 500….Haunted House…as above. T500 were a 2 piece, with keyboards, drums and a lot of stupid, but fun humour.
      33. Grand Funk….Flight Of The Phoenix….from the Phoenix release from 1972.
      34. Roxy Music…..Love Is The Drug….from one of their many self titled releases and a song that used to get played on FM back in 1975 when it was released.

Big Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, FB messages and HEYS!!! That’s what makes it all worthwhile!!  Back again next week for more noise to annoy.

• May 26, 2019 7:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist May 24/2019

1. Nash The Slash….Guns and Sandwiches….from the Thrash release. Bought this from Nash last time we saw him here in London, playing a partial set with DOA. Stupidly didn’t take any pics that night, but there is video up on youtube.  Nash’s brother ran the longtime London classical and jazz record outlet, The Madrigal, before leaving for the east coast.
      2. Coaching For Sara….These People….from their only CD and they have a gig on Sunday at the Old East 765. They are supposed to be on around 5PM.
      3. Coaching For Sara….She Cums In Waves….latest recording from this local powerpop combo.
      4. Mack MacKenzie and Chip Kinman….It’s Not Worth it…from the recent Cua Tro De Los Angeles EP.
      5. The Rizdales….Honky Tonk Honeymoon….from the recent Lucky Enough release and there’s a shout out to the Richmond. Singer/guitarist Tom Dunphy brings his classic country show to the Richmond this afternoon.
      6. Wanda Jackson….Money Honey….from her self titled release from 1958. Now retired, Wanda had The Rizdales as her Canadian backup band for at least 3 tours, if not more.
      7. Crazy Rhythm Daddies….Crazy Rhythm Boogie….from their self titled release from 1996 and features 2 of Ray Condo’s Hardrock Goners and a Gruesome in the band.
      8. Ray Condo and His Hardrock Goners….Catty Town….from the Condo Country release and this month marks the 15th anniversary of Ray’s passing. This band played London several times, always tearing up the venue and we’d end up talking about old cartoons and B movies for hours afterwards.
      9. The Bookmen…7 Buttons….from the Bang Shang A-Langle cassette from 1986 and goes out to Dave Bookman who passed away this week. Dave was a longtime radio host in the Toronto area, getting his start on CIUT and moving on to The Edge and Indie88. He was a HUGE champion of Canadian indy music, starting the Indy night at The Horseshoe Tavern and well respected by everyone in the business. Only met him once when his band performed at the Star Club in Oshawa in the early 80’s.
      10. The Bookmen….What’s So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding…. As above.
      11. The Bookmen….Pump It Up…. As above.
      12. Brother Leeds….Easy Come Easy Go….from their brand new release and they are from right here in London Ontario.
      13. Dustbin Flowers….I Don’t Mind…from their recent Made To Last release and also from London.
      14. The Thing From Outer Space….Mai Tai….their latest release and they had a show last night at the Richmond. Right around this time, Jeff from the Reverb Syndicate called in to yammer about their big show at the Richmond that night with The Thing….
      15. Reverb Syndicate….Motorik….from their Last Of The V8 Interceptors release.
      16. Reverb Syndicate….Last Of The V8 Interceptors…..as above.
      17. Reverb Syndicate….The Happy Pessimist….as above.
      18. Running From Daylight…..Elvis Ain’t Dead Yet….from their recent red vinyl 7” and also from London.
      19. 63 Monroe….Hot Mess….from their recent red vinyl 12” called Faded Glory and also from London.
      20. The BellRays….Mine All Mine…from the recent Tribute To Sonny Vincent 3 CD set of which all funds are to help Sonny’s son and his family who were severely injured in a fire. Full details are on Sonny’s FB page.
      21. Deadbeat Poets….It’s Summertime….as above. Deadbeat Poets came through town last fall and put on a killer show!! Well worth checking them out live if you get a chance.
      22. Tami Neilson….Miss Jones…from the Sassafrass! release. We caught Tami last fall at the Aeolian and another great show!! Can’t wait till she comes back this way!
      23. Pretenders…..Precious….from their 1980 debut release and this one got a lot of airplay here at CHRW back then.
      24. American Flamewhip….Hell For Sale…from the Fingertight release from 2006 and from Winnipeg. Singer/guitarist JRod was also in The Angry Dragons that came this way a couple of times.
      25. Oh! Gunquit….Hope In Hell….from their self titled release on Dirty Water Records.
      26. The Nomads…..The Way You Touch My Hand…..from the Where The Wolf Bane Blooms release from 1983. Been listening to this for over 35 years and it never fails to kick my ass and melt my mind every spin!!! The Nomads were my starting point for collecting all that crazy 60’s punk sounds that came out of Sweden back then!
      27. The Nomads….5 Years Ahead Of My Time….as above and every word rings true for this barnburner version of The Third Bardo classic!! You all know The Cramps covered this one many a time live.
      28. Thee Fourgiven….Needle In The Red….from the Salvation Guaranteed release from 1989 and goes out to singer/guitarist Rich Coffee who celebrated a birthday this week. Rich used to contribute tour stories to What Wave zine back in those days.
      29. Izzy Bartok…CU Later….from the From The Streets release and from right here in London. Rumour has it, Izzy might have been the drummer in Thundermug, the loudest band in London in the early to mid 70’s. Check their AM radio hit Africa form 1972! As a kid, I found it hard to believe that a band from London Ontario was getting major airplay on the radio and the song was really good and catchy!
      30. Duotang…Quite Content In The Rut….from their New Occupation release and they were through London last year with a very small turnout. Nevertheless they put on an amazing show for me!! Support live music, buy touring bands merch and let them know you dug the show!!
      31. Smalltown….Back On Track….from the Implosion release on Deranged Records and from Finland. Another of my fave records with its mixture of pop meets rock meets great songwriting meets great production! Had to fade this out as we ran outta time and didn’t get to White Wires and The Real Kids that would have sounded so good after Smalltown.

Thanx Tons for all the crazy phone calls, emails, messages, and Heys!! And Thanx to Reverb Syndicate for taking the time while stuck in traffic to yammer about their big show at the Richmond last night….they’re in Sarnia tonite!

Back again next week, already have requests for Stooges (with Ron) and Long Day Journey….

You can catch the show live every Friday from 4 till 6PM EST.

http://www.radiowestern.ca/

• June 1, 2019 6:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist May 31/2019

1. Bloodshot Bill….Hook Me….from his recent Come Get Your Love Right Now release.
      2. The Mongrels….Do It….another first Sunday of the month means another Rock’n’Roll Rent party at the Richmond….4 till 7PM on Sunday.
      3. Electric Cows…..Frenzy….from the recent Wheatfield Fuzz release and from Winnipeg on the Dub Ditch label.
      4. Flesh Rag….Inside Your Mind….from their Inside Your Mind release and sounding a bit Stooge like.
      5. The Stooges….1969….50 years later and it still sounds as good as ever!!
      6. Destroy All Monsters….You’re Gonna Die….1978 recording on the November 22nd 1963 release and features Ron Asheton on stun guitar.
      7. Long Day Journey….You’re An Algorithm….from the CD that came with the brand new 7” LDJ just released! Very limited quantities on this brain warper.
      8. The Move….I Can Hear The Grass Grow….1967 recording on The Best Of The Move compilation.
      9. Dogmatics….Sister Serena….from the 1984 Thayer St release from this bunch of drunken hoodlums outta Boston. Coupla O’Halloran’s in this combo, most likely related in some bizarre way as they’ve got that look! Relatives are starting work on a documentary on this somewhat overlooked band, we’ve sent our pics down for consideration in the doc.
      10. Jr Gone Wild…..It Never Changes….from the Less Art More Pop release from 1986. Another combo that is getting a documentary produced and this one should be getting near completion. Again, sent pics from the first time Jr played at the long gone Key West venue here in London.
      11. Washington Squares….Can’t Stop The Rain…..from their 1987 self titled debut release and timely as we’ve had more than our share of rain recently.
      12. Jill Porter….Just Ask….from her 2005 release and some really nice rock’n’powerpop.
      13. Jill Porter….Rock’n’Roll Songs…. As above….Jill is from Newfoundland and has a bit of a Real Kids edge to some of her material.
      14. Cool Blue Halo….Throw Me Down….from the Kangaroo re-ish that came out a couple years back on DWR Records out of Toronto.
      15. Andy Butler….You Go Girl….from the recent Garage Heartbreak release and Andy is from the 905s, but you knew that.
      16. B Girls….Mystery….from the recent Sonny Vincent tribute 3 CD package that you can get direct from Sonny via FB.
      17. Sorrows….Bad Times Good Times….as above. Believe this is the late 70’s NYC based beat/pop combo that released a record on Bomp Records. There’s no band notes with this compilation.
      18. Chris Houston….Psychadelic Igloo….from the recent Hazards Of Glitter release on DWR Records. For those that don’t know, Chris was an early bass player in The Forgotten Rebels and was responsible for the song that most attribute to the band, Surfin’ On Heroin. Since those days, Chris hasn’t released a lot of material, but what has come out, has that cool outsider sound and imagery. On this track there’s references to the early Toronto punk scene, Chris seeing his first band and some of the Toronto sound shapers are mentioned. There’s a who’s who of guest musicians; Steve Koch, Cleave Anderson, Gordie Lewis and so many more! We’re gonna cover a bit of his keyboard players history in the upcoming songs, that being Michael Fonfara.
      19. Chris Houston…..Kill Your Sons….also from Hazards of Glitter….Lou Reed composition from the Sally Can’t Dance release from 1974 on which Michael Fonfara was band leader and keyboardist.
      20. Lou Reed….Sally Can’t Dance….from the same named LP and of course features Michael Fonfara on keyboards.
      21. Rhinoceros…Apricot Brandy….from their self titled release from 1968 and again features Michael Fonfara on the keyboards. One of these days we’ll have to do a special on MF as we’ve seen him a coupla times at This Ain’t Hollywood backing up bands.
      22. Guadalcanal Diary…Watusi Rodeo….from the 1985 Walking In The Shadow Of The Big Man release and goes out to guitarist Jeff Walls who passed away this week. Jeff was most recently in The Woggles out of Atlanta.
      23. Shoobies….Girl Or Gator….from the recent Nevermind The Hardcore, Here’s Shoobies release and they are playing at Call The Office on Thursday night with Isolation Party.
      24. Marshmallow Overcoat….Wait For Her….from the recent All You Need Is Fuzz soundtrack release.
      25. Long Ryders….10-5-60…..from the 10-5-60 release and the Long Ryders are back touring and releasing material. This release is from 1983.
      26. Dave Alvin and the Guilty Men….American Music….from the Out In California live release and The Blasters hit London in October….not with Dave, but most likely will play this song.
      27. The Makers….Intro….from the Rock Star God release from 2000.
      28. Joan Jett….Roadrunner….from a Greatest Hits compilation.
      29. Big Star….In The Street….from the Live At Missouri University 4/25/1993 release. Caught part of a Big Star doc on TVO the other night and they went into a bit of depth on Alex’s involvement with The Cramps and Panther Burns.
      30. Big Star….Thank You Friends….from the Third release.
      31. Panther Burns…..Hey Little Mama….from the Behind The Magnolia Curtain release from 1981 and features LX Chilton on guitar. And Tav Falco was just in this area recently…speaking of, last time I can remember Panther Burns here in London was about 1981 when they strolled onstage at Fryfogles and proceeded to tear the joint down!! Wish I had some pics from that gig!

Huge Thanx for all the crazy phone calls, emails, FB messages and Heys!!!

Next week we’ll be doing at least part of the show on Roky and the major influence his work has had on so many others!

• June 16, 2019 9:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist June 14/2019

Back on the airwaves, dedicated this show to my Mother, Dr John and Roky Erickson. And the second half of the show is a Roky special as we’ve been fans for way too many years!

1. Tony Low….Abomination….from the brand new To NY release. Some of you may remember Tony from his days in The Cheepskates, a great 60’s pop combo that lasted from the early 80’s to late 80’s releasing a couple of amazing LP’s. ‘Run Better Run’ should have been a radio hit!
      2. Lucy and the Rats….True Romance….brand new release on Dirty Water Records and this track Lucy doesn’t sing, just plays bass.
      3. TVD….I’d Kiss You Honey But You’re Standing On My Bottom Lip….from the Salvation Through Distraction release and TVD will be playing Call The Office Thursday night along with 63 Monroe and Swearcrow. Thanx to Pete Dekokker for calling in and giving us the complete info!
      4. Brother Leeds….Somehow….from their self titled debut release and from London Ontario,
      5. 63 Monroe….Hot Mess….from the recent Faded Glory release. Archie Gamble has rejoined the band on the tubs.
      6. Roger Zuraw….I Gotta Hunch….from his There’s Life, Then There’s Song release and goes out to Jocko.
      7. Dashboard Rattle….1979….from their self titled debut and they are playing next weekend at Victoria Park along with several other local bands…Thing From Outer Space, Twin Fin and more.
      8. Chris Houston….Out Of The Blue…from the Hazards Of Glitter release from earlier this year.
      9. Lowdown Dirty Mojos….Can’t Have Enough Good Luck….from the recent Screamin’ Hoodoo R’n’B release and features former Londoner Paul Wootton.
      10. DOA…..Liar For Hire….from the recent 1978 release on Sudden Death Records.
      11. Boy From Nowhere…..You’re Gonna Miss Me….snippet from the Mt Pleasant demos circa 1985 and transitioned into….
      12. Boy From Nowhere….Testify….as above and then transitions back into You’re Gonna Miss Me. Boy are still active on the local circuit and well worth checking out live if you get the chance.
      13. Reverb Syndicate….Clubfoot The Avenger….from the Last of the V8 Interceptors. They were in town recently and put on a phenomenal show according to all sources.
      14. UIC….You’re Gonna Miss Me….live recording from Bullwinkles 2/14/1986. If memory serves me correct, that was the first time Shark Graffitti came to London and Purple Toads were also on the bill. Purple Toads also covered You’re Gonna Miss Me.
      15. Roky Erickson…..KSAN interview from 1978 to start our Roky special.
      16. The Spades….You’re Gonna Miss Me…..from 1965 and the original version of this song. Roky left The Spades to join 13th Floor Elevators and brought this song along.
      17. The Spades….We Sell Soul….flip side of the above.
      18. 13th Floor Elevators….You’re Gonna Miss Me…from an IA 7” pressed in Canada by Quality Records. This one looks beat but plays with minimal noise….real quality vinyl, not like today’s records!
      19. 13th Floor Elevators……Roller Coaster….from the Psychedelic Sounds Of….Their first LP and one from that era that still sounds as good, if not better than when first released.
      20. 13th Floor Elevators….Fire Engine….as above. Always loved Roky’s lead vocals and the background siren vocals on this one!
      21. 13th Floor Elevators…..Reverberation…as above.
      22. 13th Floor Elevators….Tried To Hide….as above.
      23. 13th Floor Elevators….Don’t Fall Down… as above.
      24. 13th Floor Elevators….Everybody Needs Somebody….live recording Summer 1966 at La Maison Ballroom in Houston and on the Elevator Tracks release. Live they sounded like no one else….Roky’s unmistakable vocals, Stacy Sutherland’s killer guitar riffs and the jug!
      25. 13th Floor Elevators….Satisfaction…. as above. They take this one into a jam session, something the Stones probably hadn’t thought of at this time.
      26. 13th Floor Elevators….I’m Down…. As above.
      27. 13th Floor Elevators….I’ve Got Levitation….from the Easter Island release.
      28. 13th Floor Elevators….Living On….from the Bull Of The Woods release.
      29. Roky Erickson….Bermuda….from a 1977 Virgin Records 7” and features Duane Aslaksen on lead guitar, a guy who stayed with Roky for a few years.
      30. Roky Erickson…..2 Headed Dog….from the I Think Of Demons release.
      31. Roky Erickson…Don’t Shake Me Lucifer….. as above.

Ran outta time at this  point, but had a number of Roky songs I really wanted to play….Bloody Hammer was all cued up and ready to go!!

Thanx for all the crazy phone calls and requests for the next show. And Thanx for all the emails, texts, FB messages and Heys!!

Back in 2 weeks as next Friday is National Aboriginal Day in Canada and there will be a day of special programming to celebrate!   And CHRW has a fundraiser at the London Brewing Co-op on Sunday from 11 till 3PM. Fuse is also involved and there will be food vendors, DJ’s, beverages and local record store Odyssey onsite.

• July 2, 2019 9:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist June 28/2019

1. Coaching For Sara….Haunted…brand new recording from these locals.
      2. Sex Pistols….Holiday In The Sun….from their first LP.
      3. Evan Johns….Vacation Time….from his Rollin’ Through The Night release on Alternative Tentacles. Got to see Evan a coupla times, Hamilton and definitely Oshawa a couple times. Always a Great live show!
      4. JJ Burnel…..Do The European…from his 1979 Euroman Cometh release. Solo release from The Stranglers bass stomper.
      5. The Vikings…Let’s Go….from their Go Berserk! Release on SFTRI.
      6. Light Bulb Alley….I Don’t Owe You A Thing….latest recordings from this Montreal trio.
      7. Chris Houston…Out Of The Blue….from his recent Hazards Of Glitter release.
      8. Chris Houston….War Of Da Dudes….this one’s been stuck in my noggin’
      9. Teenage Head….Kissin’ The Carpet…from their debut album and this is a 1981 pressing on OPM, different mix on this one. And that’s Kelly Jay on the piano on this one. RIP to Kelly Jay.
      10. Crowbar….House Of Blue Lights….from their Bad Manors release from the early 70’s. Sounding a bit like the Roy Loney version of The Flamin’ Groovies.
      11. King Biscuit Boy….Shout Bama Lama…from the With Crowbar release.
      12. Crowbar….Oh What A Feeling….from their Bad Manors release and the song that got them lots of radio play.
      13. Daddy Long Legs….Death Train Blues…from their Evil Eye On You release on Norton Records and they are playing Tuesday night at This Ain’t Hollywood.
      14. Frankie and Jimmy….Shakemondown….from their Blues On The Brain release and they usually open for Daddy Long Legs, but recently broke up.
      15. Daddy Long Legs….Comin’ After Me….from the Evil Eye On You release.
      16. Pack AD….Build…from their Funeral Mixtape release from 2007
      17. 63 Monroe….Hot Mess…from their recent Faded Glory and they were at Call The Office last night.
      18. DOA….Whatcha Gonna Do….from their recent 1978 release on Sudden Death.
      19. Subhumans….I Got Religion….from their New Dark Age Parade release and so timely these days.
      20. The Dogs….Call My Name….from the Sonny Vincent benefit CD.
      21. The Gruesomes….Three Men One Coffin….from the Live In Hell release and also on the 7” EP that came with What Wave zine #18.
      22. The Gruesomes…..What Wave…..from the Mr Garager’s Neighbourhood release from 1989.
      23. The Gruesomes….radio advert and then went into Hey, from the release of the same name. This one got lots of video play on Much Music. All The Gruesomes music is available now on Ricochet Sound out of Montreal.
      24. Bad Beats….Ain’t No Friend Of Mine….from their recent Off The Hook release and from Vancouver.
      25. Simply Saucer….Dance The Mutation…..from the Cyborgs Revisited release and playing Sunday at This Ain’t Hollywood.
      26. Dr John…..Right Place, Wrong Time…..from a Greatest Hits release and the song that got Dr John on the radio. RIP to Dr John.
      27. Dr John….Mama Roux…..from the same release as above.
      28. Ko and the Knockouts….You’re On My Mind…from one of The Coolest Songs In The World release put together by Little Steven, who happens to be coming to London on Tuesday.
      29. Cocktail Slippers….Rock’n’Roll Babe…as above and from Norway.
      30. Fondas….Wanna Be…as above and from Detroit.
      31. Lost Patrol…..Roast Beef Song….from the Mr Garager’s compilation and they were from Windsor Ontario.

Thanx for all the messages, emails, phone calls, Heys etc!!! That’s what makes it all worthwhile!!

Back again next week….with some Dave Bartholomew who passed away this week.

• August 3, 2019 7:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist July 26/2019

1. The Underground Divas….This Train Is Running Out Of Faith…From Montreal and certainly have their ear on the ground as to what’s happening in this crazy world we all live in.
      2. DOA….Woke Up Screaming….from the recent 1978 release and originally came out in 1978 as a 7”.
      3. Sheep Look Up….Civil Disobedience….from Slippery’s Club Hits, the cassette that came with What Wave zine 24. Originally released as a cassette circa 1983 and blows my mind as much then as now.
      4. The Zellots….Soldiers…..also from Slippery’s Club Hits and originally recorded back in about 1981 at EMAC.
      5. 63 Monroe…..Drums Beat in the Background….from the recent Faded Glory release. London’s longest running glam/punk/whatever combo and they still play out every now and again.
      6. The Rizdales….One More Beer….from their most recent, Lucky Enough release and regulars at the Richmond Tavern here in London.
      7. Dashboard Rattle….Little Miss Selfie Taker….from their recent self titled debut and also from London Ontario.
      8. Genya Ravan….Don’t Go Into The Bathroom….from her recent Icon release and a true story if you ever tried to go to the washroom when at CBGBs. Genya’s been around since the early 60’s and one of her claims to fame is producing the first Dead Boys album.
      9. Hiroshima Hearts….Wreckage….their latest and they have a gig coming up next weekend at the Ribfest here in London.
      10. O Lendario Chucrobillyman….Midnight Jungle….from his Man Monkey release and he’s a one man band from Brazil. And had a show at Duggan’s the night of this broadcast.
      11. Weird Omen….A Place I Want To Know….from their recent Surrealistic Feast on Dirty Water Records and goes out to Lionel Haug.
      12. Electric Cows….Frenzy….from the recent Wheatfield Fuzz release and from Winnipeg.
      13. Andy Butler….I’m Crushed….from his recent Garage Heartbreak release and yep, it’s the same guy from the Legendary 905s out of Brampton.
      14. Long Day Journey…..Spreads Of The Psychedelic Sandwich…..from a recent 7” from this Hamiltonian who is constantly releasing and recording.
      15. Bill Haley and the Comets…..13 Women….this goes out to Dick Boccelli, aka Dick Richards, the drummer for Bill from about 1953 to 1955. Dick passed away very recently at the ripe old age of 95 and probably the last of the Comets from that era. And 13 Women is also my fave Bill Haley track, check out the absolute Killer version of this track by Sweden’s  Renegades from 1966!
      16. LeRoi Brothers…..Ballad Of A Juvenile Delinquent….from their 1983 Check This Action release. Had to toss this one in after Bill Haley as his fans were considered JD’s back in the band’s early days.
      17. Positively Stompin’….Ain’t I’m A Dog…..from the Cat O Nine Tales cassette that came with What Wave zine 21 from 1992. The boys in Stompin’ found this track on the above LeRoi Brothers release and loved it so much they had to record it.
      18. LeRoi Brothers….Check This Action….from the album of the same name and a song that sums up being a LeRoi.
      19. David Clayton Thomas…..Brainwashed….Came out as a single back in 1966 and features Freddy Keeler on guitar. Freddy passed away recently and was one of a few shit hot guitar players out of Toronto! A master of the telecaster!
      20. David Clayton Thomas….Boom Boom…this version is from DCT’s solo LP, and not the earlier recorded version which features an even better guitar solo by Freddy. DCT calls out Freddy to take the solo on the version we played.
      21. Betty Harris….12 Red Roses….from New Orleans Funk Volume 2 on Soul Jazz Records and originally from 1968.
      22. Artwoods….Can You Hear Me….from the Art Gallery release on Repertoire Records and originally from 1966. This track features a young Jon Lord on keys, eventually to find fame in Deep Purple. Art Woods,  from whom this band takes its name is the brother of Faces/Birds/Stones guitarist Ron Wood.
      23. The Touch….You’re The One….from the brand new Lost and Found release. The Touch were a late 70’s/early 80’s UK mod/pop combo who released one album back then and ended up breaking up. Due to its rarity, the band decided to get back together and this recording is a result of that. Reunion show coming up in August!
      24. The Touch….Grey Day…..as above.
      25. The Meters….Ease Back…..from a Greatest Hits comp and goes out to keyboardist Art Neville who passed away earlier this week. Art started his career in the 50’s and remained a New Orleans resident up to the end.
      26. The Meters…Chicken Strut….as above and love the chicken yells on this one!
      27. The Meters….They’d All Ask’d For You…. As above. All 3 tracks from the late 70’s/early 80’s and Art went from here to the Neville Brothers.
      28. The Fleshtones…..You’re Tearing Me Apart….from the Hitsburg Revisited release and a tune they always play live in Hamilton…and The Fleshtones are in Hamilton tonite at This Ain’t Hollywood and tomorrow at the Horseshoe in Toronto.
      29. The Fleshtones….Remember The Ramones….from the Wheel Of Talent release and another live fave.
      30. The Fleshtones….5 New Fleshtones…..from the Angry Years release.
      31. The Fleshtones….Girl From Baltimore….from the Up Front release from 1980. The Fleshtones have been around since 1976, with 2 original members, drummer Bill joined shortly after the band formed and bassist Ken Fox has been with the band close to 30 years. And they’ve still got more energy than pretty much any band out there! My fave live band!
      32. The Fleshtones….Watch This….from the Angry Years release.
      33. The Fleshtones…..The Dreg….from the Roman Gods release.
      34. The Fleshtones….I’ve Gotta Change My Life….as above and had to fade this as we ran outta time.

Big Thanx to all who tuned in, called in, emailed, messaged and the others that said HEY!

Back again next week with more noise to annoy.

• August 3, 2019 9:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist August 2nd 2019

1. Steel Pulse….Black and White Oppressors….from the recent Mass Manipulation release.
      2. Jack Oblivian and the Dream Killers….Scarla….from the recent Lost Weekend release on Beluga Records. Remember when Jack played with The Deadly Snakes at Call The Office here in London 6/19/2000? Great show as far as I can remember.
      3. Baston….Honda….Beach Boys cover from the recent Howlin’ Banana Summer Sampler. For those that don’t know, Howlin’ Banana is a print fanzine covering the world of garage punk, that used to be available locally here in London.
      4. Lowdown Dirty Mojos….Voodoo Doll….from their recent Screamin’ Hoodoo R’n’B release.
      5. The Mongrels….Do It….first Sunday of the month, so The Mongrels have their monthly gig at the Richmond Tavern.
      6. Mohair Sweets….The Green Light….from An Introduction To…. Release and they’ve recently relocated to Windsor after years in Winnipeg.
      7. The Guess Who….It’s My Pride….from their self titled album on Birchmount.
      8. Evil Farm Children….Hangover….from The Evilling release and from Ottawa. This trio played London many times, even doing a live to air on CHRW somewhere around 10 years ago.
      9. Hiroshima Hearts….Wreckage….most recent demo and they had a gig the evening this show aired. And another on Sunday down in Port Stanley.
      10. TVD….I’d Kiss You Honey But You’re Standing On My Bottom Lip….from the Salvation Through Distraction release and they have a show tonight at the Richmond, along with….
      11. Running From Daylight….Dead Man’s Crossing….from their recent 7” and they will be playing along with….
      12. Randall Pee Coltrane….Riptide….from the Fort Likkerdale release and all  3 of these bands are at the Richmond tonight.
      13. The Polymorphines….Camaro Cowgirl….from their self titled  release from 2008 and from Ottawa.
      14. Cinecyde….Enemy Man….from their I Left My Heart In Detroit City album from 1982 and goes out to bass played Chris Girard who passed away earlier this week. Cinecyde also had their own record label, Tremor, which released many Detroit compilations all through the 80’s.
      15. Cinecyde….Tough Girls….from the Detroit Defaces The Eighties compilation and is from 1980.
      16. The Boners….Cool Teenagers from Planet X….from another Detroit compilation on Tremor Records called Mandatory Music from 1981.
      17. The Cubes….Rockin’ Right….from the Detroit Defaces the Eighties compilation and this has production my Wayne Kramer (MC5). I really liked the early Cubes sound with it’s tough synth and abrasive female vocals….a fave track of theirs is On A Leash from their Spaceheart 7”.
      18. Vertical Pillows….I Am The One….from the Tremor compilation Folk Songs From The Twilight Zone on Tremor Records. Rob Tyner (MC5) was helping out this all female combo behind the scenes and even appeared on stage with them a few times. Vertical Pillows appear on several other Tremor compilations and released a 7” that is quite good.
      19. Chris Houston…..Mean To Me….from the recent Hazrds Of Glitter release and this features Lori Yates on vocals with Chris.
      20. Jerry Jerry and the Sons of Rhythm Orchestra…..How Can People Be So Wrong….from his Don’t Mind If I Do release. JJ and company played London many times, always drinking way more than any other band and always putting on a great show!
      21. Light Bulb Alley…..Problems….from their most recent release and from Montreal.
      22. Larry Wallis….Police Car….from a 1977 Stiff 7” and the flipside is On Parole….
      23. Larry Wallis….Leather Forever…..from a 7” on a French label and found this when digging for Police Car.
      24. The Touch….Stop Stop….from the recent Lost and Found release. The Touch were a UK mod band that formed in the late 70’s, released an album and disappeared. Magically re-appeared about a year ago, started work on this release and have a reunion show happening later this month in the UK.
      25. Dr Feelgood….She Does It Right….from the Down At The Jetty release from 1974. Features the phenomenal Wilko Johnson on guitar! Wilko has his own unique style; no pick, all fingers simultaneously slashing the lead and rhythm sounds out of his Telecaster.
      26. Count Bishops….I Take What I Want….from The Bishops release from 1979.
      27. Boy From Nowhere…..Lift Up Your Hood…..live recording from the long gone Brunswick Hotel.
      28. Etta James….Good Rockin’ Tonight….from a Greatest  Hits compilation and originally from 1956.
      29. The Mods….Step Out Tonight….from the Twenty 2 Months release on OPM Records. 1978 recording from this Toronto combo and a song that used to go through my noggin’ before heading out to the clubs.
      30. The Jam…..In The Crowd…from the All Mod Cons release and the first Jam album I bought. Saw them right after this in Toronto!
      31. The Scenics….Great Piles Of Leaves….from the In The Summer release of 1977/78 recordings of this Toronto trio who played London several times in the Cedar Lounge days. Several years later, Andy (guitar/bass/vocals) opened up a record store here in town, and if memory serves correct, it was at the south east corner of Queens and Clarence.

Thanx to all who tuned in, phoned in, emailed in, messaged in, and dropped by the studio to say Hey!!!!

• August 11, 2019 5:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist August 9/2019

1. The Rizdales….. Honky Tonky Honeymoon….from the Lucky Enough release and they are playing the matinee at the Richmond today.
      2. The Action….TV’s On The Blink….from the Slashing White Hot release on Rave Records. This is the Ottawa punk combo, first in the city and one of the first in Canada. One of the Fenton Brothers from the band is not doing well, this goes out to him.
      3. Action….Downtown Girl…as above. And besides, these are my 2 fave Action songs that have been stuck in my head for 40 years as they appeared on a Montreco compilation way back then.
      4. DOA….Rip This Joint…from the 1978 release on Sudden Death Records.
      5. The Sinners….No Brains Required….from their only 7” and from London Ontario. As I’ve said many a time, this should be the theme for this radio show.
      6. Cordcalling….When I Scream….from the release of the same name and from London. They are playing at the Raise The Roof outdoor event today in Melbourne, about 30m west of London.
      7. Cordcalling…Ransomed Felon…latest release.
      8. Cathedrale….Sometimes….from the recent Howlin’ Banana fanzine compilation Summer Sizzler.
      9. Black Keys….Go….from their latest release, Let’s Rock.
      10. The Sadies….The 400…from the Tales Of The Rat Fink release and heard a rumour they are coming back to London soon.
      11. Celibate Rifles….Thank You America….from their self titled release from 1984 and from Australia. This goes out to vocalist Damien Lovelock who passed away earlier this week.
      12. Celibate Riflges….Killing Time….from the Sideroxylon release from 1983.
      13. Damien Lovelock…Over You….from his It’s A Wig Wig Wig Wig World release from the mid 80’s.
      14. Dr Feelgood…Down At The Doctors….from the Private Practice release from 1978 and goes out to longtime Kink Ian Gibbons who supposedly played keyboards on this track.
      15. Dashboard Rattle…Meat Draw….from their self titled release and from London Ontario.
      16. Brother Leeds….Somehow….from their self titled release and also from London Ontario.
      17. Lucy and The Rats….True Romance….from their latest release on Dirty Water Records.
      18. Jordan Jones….Rumors Girls….from a brand new release on Beluga Records out of Sweden.
      19. Modernettes….Little Girls….from the Get It Straight release and from Vancouver.
      20. Bloodshot Bill….Take Me For A Ride….from his latest long player, Come Get Your Love Right Now.
      21. John Schooley…Chicago Breakdown….from his JS and His One Man Band on Voodoo Rhythm Records. John did his very first show in Canada right here in London at the Victoria Tavern.
      22. Thee Mighty Caesars….Lie Detector….from the John Lennon’s Corpse Revisited release on Crypt Records. Billy Childish is in this combo.
      23. The Milkshakes….Shimmy Shake….from the After School Session release from 1983 and again, Billy Childish is in this combo. This was the first release I picked up by The Milkshakes 35 years ago….immediately went searching for more!
      24. The Milkshakes….I Can Tell… as above.
      25. The Secrets….All The Words…from the Teenage Rampage release on OPM Records. Toronto combo formed in 1978 as members of The Viletones deserted the singer and formed a brand new combo with the addition of a Diode. Great fratrock combo that should have gone on to big things.
      26. The Viletones….Sign Of The Times….from the What It Feels Like To Kill release from the mid 80’s.
      27. The Screwed….Last Pogo….from the Green Haired Girl release and features Steve Koch on guitar, as well, he’s on the track prior and after this one.
      28. The Demics….I Love You….live recording from Toronto just after the full length was release.
      29. Teenage Head….Picture My Face….from the Fun Comes Fast release, which is a band approved compilation and a great place to start if you want to check out this combo from Hamilton.
      30. Eddie And The Hot Rods…..96 Tears….from the Live At The Marquee release from 1976.
      31. Eddie and the Hot Rods….Get Out Of Denver…. As above.
      32. 999…Homicide….from the High Energy Plan release from 1978. The last 4 tracks went out to Tim, who was supposed to be working and probably ended up bouncing around the office!
      33. The Dropouts….Suckerpunch….from the After School Specials release and from London Ontario. This release is from 2005 and later they moved to Vancouver before packing it in.
      34. Flying Squad….Brian Mulroney…..demo and their appreciation for former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, who, like a really bad smell, just won’t go away.
      35. Fine Print….Tonight…from their self titled release and from London. One of those bands that wasn’t around anywhere near long enough.

Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, messages, Heys and people that share this, and all the other posts plugging this radio show!!!

Back again next week, might even play some tunes by The King as it will be the anniversary of his passing.

• September 2, 2019 9:50 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist August 30/2019

1. Peter Laughner….Prove It….from the recent Smog Veil Box Set. Peter was a major instigator of the early Cleveland scene and helped bring Television to Cleveland for the first time. And obviously he was a big fan as this cover proves.
      2. Smoggers….Tonight…brand new 7” on Lost In Tyme Records from Greece, but the band is from Spain.
      3. Drivin’ Beats….Radiation….latest demo and all about fighting cancer.
      4. Sorels…School Girl Blues….brand new from this Winnipeg combo, of which 2 members were in….
      5. Rockdoras….Sinister Urge…from the Winnipeg Riot compilation, compiled by that crazed artist Darren Merinuk.
      6. The Thing From Outer Space….Penetration….demo from this London surf instro combo.
      7. 63 Monroe….Hot Mess….from their latest, Faded Glory. They are appearing at Call The Office today as part of the 1st Annual Punk Rock BBQ.
      8. The Mongrels….Do It….from a demo and they have their monthly Rock’n’Roll Rent Party at the Richmond on Sunday.
      9. Twin Fin….Devil Girl Stomp…from their Whiskey Wine and Venom Love release and they are playing the matinee at the Richmond today.
      10. Hiroshima Hearts….Wreckage….latest demo and they played at This Ain’t Hollywood last night.
      11. The Heck….Nothing Will Do….from their Who? release and they are on the Dirty Water label.
      12. Lowdown Dirty Mojos….Prince Of Pot…from their Screamin’ Hoodoo R’n’B release. A song about former Londoner Marc Emery and his pot seed selling empire. Marc bought City Lights Bookstore here in London, back in the mid 70’s when he was still a teenager. Converted it from a dusty old book store into a hipster hangout.
      13. UIC…I’m Alive…from their Witches In Credible release and UIC are playing in Grand Bend on September 14th.
      14. Gunsmoke….Gunfight….from their From Somewhere release and from Ottawa.
      15. Reverb Syndicate….Last Of the V8 Interceptors….from the release of the same name and also from Ottawa.
      16. Evan Johns…..Vacation….from his Rollin’ Through The Night release and the start of our vacation/work/retirement spotlight. Evan never made it to London, but we did catch him in Hamilton and Oshawa a few times.
      17. Bum….Weekend…from a 7” on the Au Go Go label out of Australia, but Bum were from Victoria BC.
      18. NYDolls….7 Day Weekend….from their A Hard Day’s Night release of 1973 demo recordings. This is now available on vinyl and CD on the Norton Records label.
      19. The Judys….Freedom 85…from their Greatest Hits release and from Vancouver. Former Londoner Pete Feend holds down the bottom end on this one.
      20. The Kinks….Sunny Afternoon….from their Face To Face release form1966.
      21. The Rolling Stones….I’m Free….from a bootleg called Hot Stuff and most likely from their 7/5/1969 Hyde Park show/tribute to Brian Jones.
      22. Phil Ochs….Pretty Smart On My Part….from his Rehearsals For Retirement release from 1969.
      23. Real Kids….Everyday Is A Saturday….from their Outta Place release from 1982.
      24. Catl…Working Man’s Blues….from their With The Lord For Cowards You Will Find No Place. 2 piece combo that plays Call The Office once in awhile and this is often the closing number.
      25. Deja Voodoo….16 Tons…..from their debut longplayer on their OG Records. Two piece, 4 string guitar, drums with no cymbals and the inventors of their self titled sludgeabilly genre. This duo crossed Canada many a time via Greyhound bus, after the Edsel packed it in. And coincidentally, singer/guitar played Gerard, announced his retirement right around the time this song was playing onair….
      26. Cleo Page….California Prison Farm….from a compilation called Going To California on the JSP label. Not a lot known about this elusive artist, but all of his records are on my want list if anyone can help out.
      27. Sam Cooke….Chain Gang….from the Man and His Music compilation.
      28. The Vogues….5 O’Clock World…from the long player of the same name.
      29. The Easybeats….Friday On My Mind….from the Rhino Greatest Hits compilation.
      30. The Animals….We Gotta Get Out Of This Place…from a compilation called The Complete Animals and a great way to end the show and go on a long weekend hiatus.

Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, messages and Heys!!!  Back again  next week.

• September 8, 2019 12:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Radio What Wave Playlist September 6/2019

1. Electric Cows….Frenzy….from the recent Wheatfield Fuzz release and from Winnipeg.
      2. The Rizdales….Honky Tonk Honeymoon….from the Lucky Enough release and the Classic Country show returns to the Richmond today at 4PM.
      3. Jeremie Albino….Trouble…from his recent Hard Time release. Caught Jeremie at Call The Office a few weeks back and he’s presently touring North America.
      4. Mississippi Fred McDowell….Shake ‘Em On Down….from the Memphis Swamp double LP and we added a bit of a monologue by Fred to open the song.
      5. Chris Houston…All Light Bulbs Have Microphones….from his recent Hazards Of Glitter release.
      6. UIC….Telephone…live recording from Call The Office 3/16/1985. Somewhere video of this exists. UIC play Grand Bend on September 14th.
      7. UIC….Cure The War….from their first long player, Our Garage, now re-ished on vinyl and CD and probably all those online sources that kids like.
      8. UIC….Green Lady….from the Wiseman Sessions on Yeah Right Records.
      9. Legendary Dirtbikers….First Dog In Space….from a 7” and a band that formed after The Chickens broke up and features Fred Robinson on guitar and some vocals.
      10. Genya Ravan…..Don’t Go To The Bathroom….from her recent Icon release.
      11. Graham Parker….Back To School Days….from his 1976 Howlin’ Wind release. Uranus used to cover this song back when they were playing The Cedar Lounge and always felt right when it was played during the back to school season.
      12. Dashboard Rattle….1979…from their debut.
      13. B Girls….Mystery….from the recent Tribute To Sonny Vincent release.
      14. DOA…..The Enemy….from their recent 1978 release.
      15. UIC…Lockjaw Bay….from the Live Like 90 release and now available in most formats.
      16. Brownsville Station…..Kings Of The Party….from their 1974 School Punks release.
      17. NYDolls….It’s Too Late…from the Rock’n’Roll compilation on Chronicles Records and contains a coupla unreleased NYDolls tunes.
      18. Au Pairs….We’re So Cool….from their 1981 Playing With A Different Sex release which got a lot of airplay on CHRW back around that time.
      19. Trash Kit….Wolfman…from their 2010 self titled release and a 3 piece combo from the UK. They play a cool mixture of soul meets African guitar sounds meets funk meets teen enthusiasm! They’ve got a brand new release that’s on my want list.
      20. Bush Tetras….Cowboys In Africa….from the Rituals release from 1981.
      21. Buttshakers….Soul Kitchen….from a 7” from this combo from France.
      22. Delegators….So Good To Me….from a 7” from this UK combo, not to be confused with the similarly named band out of Montreal.
      23. The Blasters….Marie Marie….from their 1981 self titled release and a song that’s been covered by many, including Uranus and Twin Fin from here in London. The Blasters make their first London appearance at Rumrunners on October 1 and Twin Fin opens!
      24. Ginger St James….Train Whistle….from her One For The Money release and Ginger is riding the train playing music and having a blast out in British Columbia.
      25. Jack Oblivian and the Dream Killers….Sweet Thing….from a recent release on Beluga Records out of Sweden.
      26. Jolly Jumpers….Burning Land…from a 1993 release called Rurality. From Finland and could be talking about the fires going on right now in the Amazon.
      27. Joe King Carrasco…..One More Time…..from a self titled release from 1980 and Joe made a couple of appearances here in London back in the late 70’s/early 80’s.
      28. The Fleshtones….The World Has Changed…..from their 1982 Roman Gods release and another band that played London many times; Call The Office, Electric Banana and the Embassy.
      29. A-Bones….Bandstand Rocket….from their I Was  A Teenage Mummy release from 1992, right around the time they played at Call The Office.
      30. 5 6 7 8’s….Oriental Rock….from a self titled release on Au Go Go Records and from Japan.
      31. The Archies….Sugar Sugar….from a compilation called Sugar Sugar on  Repertoire Records. Did you know there was a Canadian involved in this? Andy Kim supplied some of the lead vocals as well as some of the songwriting.

Thanx for all the phone calls, emails, messages, texts and Heys!!! Back again next week.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel