Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Squatting anyone?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 25, 2010 7:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

well well well, I suggest you read your Bio again and think about it: Bio: about me, well, i would have to say i really don't like people with a low intellegence, for example not knowing what ethics or morality is. other than that im pretty hard headed, and strong willed but over all open minded. my style is D.I.Y. (do it yourself). i believe in anarchy and peace. i believe that two wrongs make a right only if the second wrong is to correct the first one. music is a big part of my life and im currently takeing on three bands, and managing one. i know almost everything there is to know about music in the early 70's through the early 90's and if you out smart me and rub it in my face that will only make me want to out smart you. i do believe that knowledge is very important (which i believe this generation is too incompetent to realize due to the fact of lack of common knowledge and origianal english vocabualry). if you want to know anything ealse just ask and il respond. thank you, and have a great life. yours truely, -Xaphan Are you really that intelligent and do you really "out-smarted" your english teacher? Come on, you even wrote "intellegence"... (I never know if messages like that on the net are a kind of parody or just a joke of someone, but if not then... ouch)
    • June 25, 2010 6:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Might I recommend a dictionary, then, Ms. Smartypants? Xaphan said:
      bro... ive read EVERYTHING in smarter than almost anyone my age.. and ive out-smarted my english teacher.. dosent get any better than that.

Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      lived on a bus for 2 years around UK and europe m8, its not fuckin romantic at all! all it does is make u think fuck, wish i listened to myself.. Course i was watching Hawkwind most of the time lol.. i SUGGEST u study m8, if your bored, sit in your room head in book, then in a couple of years you intelligent freak u, u can then choose where in the world u wanna work/doss, especially if u have language skills... then u can sit under a fuckin great big cactus, (like me) typing this to someone else who is thinkin the same lol!

serious, its shit m8! does nuthin for the pysche at all. all that time u gonna spend with no purpose..

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 25, 2010 5:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

bro... ive read EVERYTHING in smarter than almost anyone my age.. and ive out-smarted my english teacher.. dosent get any better than that. Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:
      lived on a bus for 2 years around UK and europe m8, its not fuckin romantic at all! all it does is make u think fuck, wish i listened to myself.. Course i was watching Hawkwind most of the time lol.. i SUGGEST u study m8, if your bored, sit in your room head in book, then in a couple of years you intelligent freak u, u can then choose where in the world u wanna work/doss, especially if u have language skills... then u can sit under a fuckin great big cactus, (like me) typing this to someone else who is thinkin the same lol!

serious, its shit m8! does nuthin for the pysche at all. all that time u gonna spend with no purpose..
    • June 25, 2010 9:13 AM CDT
    • Untitled

....Listen to the guy with the wig. You might learn something. I absolutely cannot agree more with the statement below . Start a band, a religion, a movement - but just sitting on your arse 'cause you think it's cool not to pay rent is a waste of time and certainly NOT punk. Wolfi said:
      squatting without political purpose and/or actual need for housing space is just fucking stupid, it ruins the signification of squatting. Wanna have a more interesting life? Get a hobby, read a book or go to disneyland.
    • June 25, 2010 7:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh wait, I forgot. Crusties don't wash their underwear. That's why they're crusties. Never mind.

• June 25, 2010 7:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

But washing your underwear in a bucket of water you stole from someone else's garden hose with the remnants of a bottle of laundry detergent you found while dumpster-diving is PUNK, man. C'mon. Mike Humsgreen said:
      "but if i cant break in and just live ther i think il just get the most crappyist looking house ever and just live ther" So you would consider renting instead of squatting but getting a shit rental? Sounds kind of massochistic. My student house was with 4 others, a pile of shit with mould up the walls and a heating system that failed if you forgot to top it up (in Bangor North Wales). Hats off to any squatters and homless because seeing your breath in your living room while your wet clothes hang up on the landing is crap enough for one year.

• June 25, 2010 1:14 AM CDT
    • Untitled

"but if i cant break in and just live ther i think il just get the most crappyist looking house ever and just live ther" So you would consider renting instead of squatting but getting a shit rental? Sounds kind of massochistic. My student house was with 4 others, a pile of shit with mould up the walls and a heating system that failed if you forgot to top it up (in Bangor North Wales). Hats off to any squatters and homless because seeing your breath in your living room while your wet clothes hang up on the landing is crap enough for one year.
    • June 25, 2010 12:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

and how many of those were actually worth a damn? just "doing it" but putting out crap doesn't really impress me.
    • June 24, 2010 11:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's true. I know of a few who have done it, but very very few.
    • June 24, 2010 11:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The only homeless people who I ever knew that could do something with music were at least couch surfing, had a PO Box, and not stuck on the street. Ghosts Run Wild/Thee Haints said:
      All I can say is, I tried hitchhiking around, found myself homeless and all that stuff when I was younger...and I thought it was complete hell. But if you are that interested in it, go find out for yourself. I know some people love it. I sure don't.

Also if you really care about music (which you must since you're on this site) and want to be anything other than a fan you are gonna have a really tough time starting a band, doing a zine, having a record label or whatever your interests are in that kind of situation.

Not saying it can't be done while homeless/squatting because some do.. but it sure makes it a lot harder.
    • June 24, 2010 10:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

All I can say is, I tried hitchhiking around, found myself homeless and all that stuff when I was younger...and I thought it was complete hell. But if you are that interested in it, go find out for yourself. I know some people love it. I sure don't.

Also if you really care about music (which you must since you're on this site) and want to be anything other than a fan you are gonna have a really tough time starting a band, doing a zine, having a record label or whatever your interests are in that kind of situation.

Not saying it can't be done while homeless/squatting because some do.. but it sure makes it a lot harder.
    • June 24, 2010 9:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ixnayray said:
      Get a job.
      "Where's the war?" "Up your ass." "'Up your ass'? How would you like the long end of this rifle up YOUR ass?" "Save it, Skinner... Look!"

• June 24, 2010 6:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If I squatted/lived in a house with 20 other people, I guarantee that only one person would come out of it alive - me. Just sayin'...I don't do well in groups.
    • June 24, 2010 5:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Get a job.
    • June 24, 2010 4:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I would just suggest one thing if you do go through with this: Make sure you break into a house with wifi, otherwise you'll miss out on all of our podcasts, right?

Good luck.

• June 24, 2010 4:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You can even go one better and start a Seeds like band, move in with a girl friend just off the Sunset Strip and see if she supports you day by day. THAT will make life interesting(WHAT! You think rock stars living off their sunset strip girl friends started with hair metal? Sky was the originator of that shit). Gringo Starr said:
      Break into a shop that has some Beatle boots and put them on and start listening to The Seeds. Tune out, turn off and drop by.
    • June 24, 2010 11:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kopper- ROTFLMAO!!!

ugh. other than at a show, the idea of being around 20 other people makes me sick. Helios Creed likes tagger-on's. you should hook up with him on tour. he'll let you ride his bus.

til he gets sick of you-and he will-and dump your ass off in some southwest nowheresville.

then you'll -really- have some adventures!
    • June 24, 2010 9:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Yeah The Seeds man, they always sound great any time o day, or night, or night or day, or day and night, or even night and day, as sky so said lots o the time...so be a tripmaker on a big rollin machine paintin pictures and designs for daisy mae, or prhaps get out and meet that flower lady in a yellow-print dress, you never know you may even get to go up in her room; failing that you could hang out with mumble n bumble in that forest outside your door... Gringo Starr said:
      Break into a shop that has some Beatle boots and put them on and start listening to The Seeds. Tune out, turn off and drop by.
    • June 24, 2010 8:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 24, 2010 8:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dont even care if u can get used to it or not m8 lol.......
    • June 24, 2010 7:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Man, I can never get used to this "text speak." Oh yeah, forgot to add lol, lol. Did I say lol? If not, lol. lol. Ross Jesus Navaro Richards said:

• June 24, 2010 6:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 24, 2010 5:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

squatting without political purpose and/or actual need for housing space is just fucking stupid, it ruins the signification of squatting. Wanna have a more interesting life? Get a hobby, read a book or go to disneyland.
    • June 23, 2010 7:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Why would you wanna do that? Are you retarded?
    • June 23, 2010 7:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Do you have a shrine dedicated to Suberbia (1983)?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel