Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: What's going on in London this week?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 2, 2010 9:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The old lady and I are arriving in London tomorrow and will be there until Sunday.
      Anything good going on?
      Things you recommend?
      Thanks,
      Charles
    • November 2, 2010 5:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My girl and me are also going to London this weekend... From the Dirty Water newsletter: Wednesday 3rd THE BLACK KEYS are at the Brixton Academy. Extra date. LET’S WRESTLE are at the Lexington, Pentonville Road N1. Thursday 4th TODD RUNDGREN: THE TALE OF A MAGICAL PERFORMER AND PRODUCER is a new book by Paul Meyers, from Jawbone Press. The author will talk about and screen films of Rundgren’s career as a musician, recording artist and producer at Westminster Reference Library, 35 St Martin’s Street (just south of Leciester Square), from 6.30pm. Too book your pace phone 020 7641 1300. THE CLOUT play live and THE SHE SET are on the decks, at Catch, Kingsland Road, Shoreditch. Friday 5th THE MEMBRANES + THE WOLFHOUNDS + MONKEY ISLAND + THE LONDON DIRTHOLE COMPANY at the Lexington, Pentonville Road N1. CLUB FOR LOSERS is back at the St Moritz, Wardour Street. CHEAP TRICK are at the Shepherds Bush Empire. SOUL SHACK Bonfire Night Special at the Question Mark Bar, 129 Stoke Newington High Street N16 (basement bar next to Lloyds TSB Bank) with DJs Nice Sean, X-Ray Soul Club, Jumpy & Dave Duplock (Walls of Heartache) playing Northern Soul, Motown and classic Soul. 9pm-3am. FREE entry. http://www.facebook.com/sean.mowle#!/event.php?eid=151396414895620 THE GOOD FOOT is a weekly club night at Madame Jo Jo’s, Brewer Street, Soho with Raison D’etra DJs playing vintage soul sounds. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Saturday 6th - - - - - > DIRTY WATER RECORDS presents... LOS EXPLOSIVOS (crazy Mexican garage-punks) + THEE VICARS + THE BOONARAAAS!!! (German all-girl garage band) at The Drop, 175 Stoke Newington High Street (in the basement of The Three Crowns, entrance on Stoke Newington Church Street), with Dirty Water DJs. Five quid on the door, 8pm til late. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Los Explosivos also on Thursday: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5179/mssnov10.jpg Have fun!

Charles Gaskins said:

DammitDave said:
      Things I'd recommend?

ALE!
      Right.
      Other than drinking ale, are there any good DJ nights or shows happening during my stay?
      Or at least bars/clubs worth a shit to visit?
    • November 2, 2010 5:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

DammitDave said:
      Things I'd recommend?

ALE!
      Right.
      Other than drinking ale, are there any good DJ nights or shows happening during my stay?
      Or at least bars/clubs worth a shit to visit?
    • November 2, 2010 1:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Things I'd recommend? ALE!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel