Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: Barcelona

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 6, 2011 7:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello there. I am planning to go to Barcelona for a week in April or May.
      Any tips on gigs in that time would be very nice and helpful!

I am from Hamburg, Germany and into ole Punk stuff 76-77 (kbd) and early spanish punks (TNT, Familia Real, Los Vulpess...etc), Garage Sounds, Rockabilly and Rocksteady Reggae..

Any good bars, clubs for that?

Thank you very much,

Tim

Found some nice tips on buying records from Victor Lopes, thanks

• March 12, 2011 11:21 AM CST
    • Untitled

Just an update: I got off the underground at Feldstraße and that part of town is just 100% cool. The fleemarket is awesome for anyone who's visiting Hamburg, they have loads of cool retro crap eg 50s radios, 60s ball clocks, dial telephones as well as ghetto blasters n other cool stuff. Sadly I have to get home on the train so I didn't buy anything there. But round Marketstr. where Fishkopp records is there's a ton of cool alternative stores and another record store with some cool stuff.

Fishkopp records seems to have really lazy owners as they still weren't open when I got there, so I'll check it out again next week along with Burnout records (couldn't find it). And there's a giant bunker which makes the part of town even more cool.

But I have to say I'm really impressed with Hamburg and the bit around Feldstraße has the alternative/bohemiam thing going on without being some tacky tourist trap that Camden Town and Kreutzburg (to lesser extent) are becoming. And the wall art around there is better than that in Camden and Kreutzburg.

• March 6, 2011 3:05 PM CST
    • Untitled

I'm definately checking that stuff out and will probably try and get some rockabilly drinks down me while I'm here. I definately need to come back to this city when I don't have so much work on to check out the rock n roll clubs. Essen has a bit but I'm reading We Never Learn and Hamburg is all over it.
    • March 6, 2011 10:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Mike.

Try Burnout Records for new Punk, Indie, RocknRoll stuff:

http://www.burnoutrecords.de/

And theres Fischkopp Records in Marktstrasse (Karolinenviertel) for old and new Punk stuff. Theres a ok flea market every saturday next to that as well, sometimes good records to find...

For RocknRoll fashion its Charmeuse, they exist since 1977 and still sell some old creepers!
      http://www.charmeuse.org/

If you are for a drink on weekends, its 20 Flight Rock near Hans-Albers-Platz Reeperbahn for 150 % Rockabilly..

have fun, Tim

• March 6, 2011 9:33 AM CST
    • Untitled

Ooo. I'm in Hamburg for the next few weeks. Is there anything interesting going on here? Of course there is. I looked on Crypt records website and it says that it's only open monday to friday. Do you know of any other cool shops open at the weekend (I have an intensive course during the week).

Stay away from the tourist spots and all the god damned Irish bars. Those places will charge a lot drinks and we got scammed into paying like 10 euros to go to some crap sausage party with even worse music. As for good stuff, well I was really drunk for the whole trip and didn't really see anything rock n roll. I hear it's good for shopping.

• March 6, 2011 9:03 AM CST
    • Untitled

Yeah...Barcelona is not such a rock and roll town. You have to go more south. Have a good trip!

--Gring

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel