Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Offical Recording Thread

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 25, 2011 9:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi.  I just found "Soundation Studio" yesterday.  I used it a little, but I haven't read the manual, so I don't know how to use it well, but I think you can try some effects (including phaser) at there.  It means that you can use it without downloading!!

The Striped Bananas said:

What would we need?

• November 21, 2011 10:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks a lot Bry! We will look into those things.

Bry Nylon said:

Hi - don't know about digital options or keyboard options - - but in the 'physical world' I have played about in this way for fun ... ...if you have, or can borrow one to check it out - maybe try running the mic. through a phaser of some sort [or phaser & bass flanger linked together]  - I have an old 70's out out control/near uncontrollable 'colorsound' foot pedal phaser ...but with foot pedals [vox etc...] & mics ...I have found that you sometimes need some kind of volume 'limiter' or 'threshold' style noise gate to stop deafening/wild variations in volume   - I also have a pretty wild 'Boss' super phaser PH-2 [they are lime green in colour] - you can tape it onto the head mic stand next to the mic and control all 4 buttons & modes on it real easy it that way ...phasers can give you real squelchy and drippy acid lyrics so long as you constantly fiddle with the settings as you are using the mic  [takes a little practice but good fun and maybe worth a try] - a piece of foam taped between the pedal and the mic. stand can help stop unwated noise vibration from using the pedal in this way  ... guitar effects are pretty good fun anyhow and you can get prefft wierd stuff out of most of them with some mic's - kind regards - bry ; )

The Striped Bananas said:

I'm wondering if anybody has some insight into recording trippy vocal effects? Sometimes in the old 60's psychedelic songs it sounds like the singers are running through a keyboard or tremelo pedal or something. Has anybody ever recorded vocals with these kind of effects?

What would we need?

Thanks, Duncan

• November 20, 2011 11:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm wondering if anybody has some insight into recording trippy vocal effects? Sometimes in the old 60's psychedelic songs it sounds like the singers are running through a keyboard or tremelo pedal or something. Has anybody ever recorded vocals with these kind of effects?

What would we need?

Thanks, Duncan

• October 12, 2011 10:42 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Okay... It would be nice if had something to contribute to the discussion instead of just spamming it.

For future reference, The Trading Post Group is where this sort of post should go. Okay?

Dave Williams said:

Oh hey. Just letting y'all know that, if you're looking to have your CD/LP/7"/Cassette mastered and are a little tight on cash, you might as well head on over to the Rock Among Us website (http://rockamongus.wordpress.com) and send me an email with some details on what you'd like done. You'll also find a gallery of some stuff I've worked on in the past & some upcoming projects.

I'm more than happy to work on a sliding scale based on how much you can afford (within reason, obviously), so give me a number & we'll talk about it.

Word.

Dave

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel