Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: The World's Biggest Beer Monopoly Got Sued by the U.S. Governmen

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 6, 2013 1:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well said! Luckily, they've been trying to market so-called 'Mom-and-Pop' beers for about 15 years or so. The fans of good beer are too savvy to fall for it, and the Joe-Six-Pack types stick with what they like (unadventurous), so those experiments usually vanish after a few years.

Eric Severstad said:

Similar to music, we have a choice about what beer we want to drink. The problem with "piss water" big brewers isn't just their product, it's their evil business practices. They've repeatedly influenced legislation regarding distribution rights that give them an advantage over smaller, craft breweries. So, if you value the "American way of life," support your local brewery, not the huge mega-brewers.

And, be careful! Those giants are marketing some of their crap as craft; see Shock Top. So, carefully check what you're drinking and who you're supporting with your hard-earned cash.

• February 6, 2013 9:37 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Similar to music, we have a choice about what beer we want to drink. The problem with "piss water" big brewers isn't just their product, it's their evil business practices. They've repeatedly influenced legislation regarding distribution rights that give them an advantage over smaller, craft breweries. So, if you value the "American way of life," support your local brewery, not the huge mega-brewers.

And, be careful! Those giants are marketing some of their crap as craft; see Shock Top. So, carefully check what you're drinking and who you're supporting with your hard-earned cash.

• February 2, 2013 3:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

'...even as backwash.' Ha, that's a good one! I went through my period years ago of Mickey's and ----------- crap beer just like 'the kids' do. They wanna get loaded, cheaply. That's cool. Someone in a band used to ask me 'How can you afford to drink that expensive stuff?' Your reply answers that nicely...

P.S Widmer makes 2 Winter brews that knock my socks off, Sled Crasher and KGB Imperial Stout. Hie to the tavern!

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Yes, we all have a soft place in our hearts for the Anheuser-Busch InBev buy-out and the legacy of our pet local beers. . . even if the beer itself was subpar and even if there's anyone who deserves to buy out a local legacy its the Belgians (makers of some the tastiest beers known to man, IMO)..... but unless someone brought over a 12 pack or so of PBR, Stag, Schlitz, Rainier, Olympia, etc., for practice a lifetime ago, I wouldn't go near the stuff even as backwash.

I think people drink it cause they're broke and want to drink as opposed to hipster-dom. I don't actually care what people wear or how they choose to express themselves, that's a personal choice. PBR certainly has gained from the image, in any case, as they have put out the $$$ to bring shows that otherwise would go un-invested in. That's respectful.

I'm not hating on the piss water, I'm just saying I don't drink the stuff myself. If I can't afford better AND the tip, I don't go out. If a guy buys me a drink and it's PBR or Stag, I will just give it right back to him, say thank you and be nice about it. Busch, Budweiser, okay maybe. Thank goodness in the Pacific NW, it's a microbrew trough of plenty tho'. . . and furthermore Widmer puts out a very decent array of choices if I happen to be on the broker side.

kopper said:

It always cracks me up when people call Budweiser or Coors "piss water," and then turn around and order PBR or Stag. Both of those and tons of other adjunct beers suck just as much, if not MORE, than Busch, Coors, Bud, High Life, etc. But those aren't trendy to drink at a rock'n'roll show, I guess. The hipsterization of the ultra-shitty cheapo beer market... now there's an article I'd like to read.

• February 2, 2013 2:55 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sure, it looks like an 'old' bar, from back 'when things were better'. I fall for it too, w/ those old beer signs and related stuff. Still shitty beer, tho'. [opinion]

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself? When I see the little A-B Clydesdale in their plastic dome over a bar or an old Budweiser commercial or sign, it makes me feel nostalgic. . . piss water though it may be.....

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Yes, we all have a soft place in our hearts for the Anheuser-Busch InBev buy-out and the legacy of our pet local beers.

• February 2, 2013 2:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You and me, both! It'll take more than Blue Velvet to make PBR hip, not to mention palatable. Give me a micro- or a good Belgian beer!

Ironic that Bud is owned by a Belgian multi-national, they have their own piss-beer, Stella Artois...

kopper said:

It always cracks me up when people call Budweiser or Coors "piss water," and then turn around and order PBR or Stag. Both of those and tons of other adjunct beers suck just as much, if not MORE, than Busch, Coors, Bud, High Life, etc. But those aren't trendy to drink at a rock'n'roll show, I guess. The hipsterization of the ultra-shitty cheapo beer market... now there's an article I'd like to read.

• February 2, 2013 1:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself? When I see the little A-B Clydesdale in their plastic dome over a bar or an old Budweiser commercial or sign, it makes me feel nostalgic. . . piss water though it may be.....

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Yes, we all have a soft place in our hearts for the Anheuser-Busch InBev buy-out and the legacy of our pet local beers.

• February 1, 2013 6:54 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 31, 2013 3:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, I'd rather have drunk pot-heads around me than drunk gun-nuts, yikes!

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Ha-ha! That's probably why they're sueing ImBev... They're like, "Hey, no fair I was about to do that. I sue! I'm sueing" ...they know what to invest in: Gold and Beer. That's why they want to get rid of the guns first. It'll be too much like the old west with the gun equation. ..I heard of Billy beer but until now I never knew exactly what it was.

dave said:

That would generate some more $ for the revenue-stream! Remember Billy beer? That winter stout from Caldera in WW sounds pretty damn good.

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Budweiser + Coors = Piss water .....they should have been sued a longtime ago for selling crappy beer. Thank goodness for the microbrew revolution.

Now, this actually sounds good: The President's Beer Recipe

He should bottle it sell it, Goverment Beer, pairs well with government cheese. A reciple for hard times.

• January 31, 2013 3:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ha-ha! That's probably why they're sueing AB-InBev... They're like, "Hey, no fair I was about to do that. I sue! I'm sueing" ...they know what to invest in: Gold and Beer. That's why they want to get rid of the guns first. It'll be too much like the old west with the gun equation. ..I heard of Billy beer but until now I never knew exactly what it was.

dave said:

That would generate some more $ for the revenue-stream! Remember Billy beer? That winter stout from Caldera in WW sounds pretty damn good.

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Budweiser + Coors = Piss water .....they should have been sued a longtime ago for selling crappy beer. Thank goodness for the microbrew revolution.

He should bottle it sell it, Goverment Beer, pairs well with government cheese. A reciple for hard times.

• January 31, 2013 3:18 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

• January 31, 2013 3:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel