Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: In Europe for the whole month of July

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 26, 2011 11:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello everyone.  So the whole month of July, I will be in Europe.  Visiting London first, then I will go to San Sebastian, Pamplona, Rome, Berlin, Amsterdam, possibly Belgium, and/or possibly Scotland somewhere, then back to London to fly back home to San Diego.  Any festivals, shows, or anything going on?  Places I should stop (bars, record stores, etc.)?  Offers to hang out and/or show me around are also appreciated.

Anyone interested, get in touch. 

Thanks a bunch,

-Jesus Tarazon

• May 9, 2011 2:22 PM CDT
    • Untitled

http://www.pitxplorer.de/ for German rock listings.

In London for a not too expensive night out (at least it wasnt when I went all those years ago) try the Bull and Gate in Kentish Town. The Underworld in Camden is also cool if any decent bands are playing at the time. Camden Town is a cool part of the city but has turned into a fucking nightmare of tourists. It used to be a lot grubbier with more drugs but is now full of Japanses pop art.

For Amsterdam check out the Cave. It's small and cool and when I was there it was free from the usual stag night twats that crawl the city. The Paradiso sees some cool international bands but is only as good as the bands playing there.

Next time you visit Germany or if you are able to this time, make it over to the West, Berlin is cool but Germany has a lot else to offer. http://www.rheinkultur-festival.de/home.html that's a free festival in Bonn with a mediocre (as far as Garage punk goes) lineup. But in Essen there's usually a few cool things going on and in June there's the Ruhrpott Rodeo.
    • April 28, 2011 10:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks everyone.  Keep the suggestions coming, I'm writing all these down.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel