Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Nix Comics Quarterly Issue #3: Call For Submissions

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 26, 2011 11:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

One of my goals is to create a book that sells equally well in comic book stores as record stores and other alternative venues. To that end, I have made the book an open submission publication, in hopes of attracting wannabe professionals, talented amateurs and artists who don’t necessarily fit the modern comic book illustrator/writer mold. It’s an analogy that you’ll have to forgive me for beating to death, but I want each issue of Nix to feel like the comic version of a Ramones album; a rapid fire series of short and twisted fables. Here’s the free B&W PDF version of issue #1 if you’re interested in seeing what I’m getting at: http://bit.ly/gnIIhx I accept two types of stories with the following terms: Shorts: Stories that are one to three pages in length. I pay $150 upon completion for a Short if accepted Features: Stories that are four to Eight pages in length. I pay $300 upon completion for a Feature if accepted. Rates are firm. (And I know that they would be low for established and or professional artists. Again, I’m looking for the young professionals, amateurs and any professional who’s willing to slum it!) The Artist and Writer will retain publishing rights to the stories. I don’t want to own your ideas, just rent them. Here is what you're being paid for with your $150/$300: • Three months of use in the next printed issue of Nix. Print runs will vary in size based on demand, but printing will be discontinued at the end of the quarter that it is released. (The last two print runs were 2,500) • Black and White electronic versions of the back issues will be made available as free downloads from the website for an indefinite period of time. • Individual panels may be used for advertising and marketing Any reprints of the story after the three month period will have to be negotiated between the artists and I. Similarly, any merchandising deals (T-shirts, coffee mugs, Halloween costumes, whatever…) will have to be negotiated separately. If you are interested, please contact me at ken@nixcomics.com. I would prefer if you used my pitch sheet to present your story ideas to me. http://bit.ly/eYFHK6 I’ll be closing consideration for entries May 15th. Thanks! Ken
    • April 26, 2011 12:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Also looking for a cover artist for issue 3. Send me your best sketch of Brian Jones from the Rolling stones for consideration.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel