Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: Ruhrpott Rodeo

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 4, 2011 12:06 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Anyone going along to this German punk fest next weekend?

It looks fucking awesome, I have my tickets ready and itching to get out.

• June 27, 2011 5:29 AM CDT
    • Untitled

OK it got no replies but incase anyone is interested, the weekend was fucking awesome. I know there's quite a few Germans on here and yeah there was a 60s weekend in Cologne about the same time I would well recommend Ruhrpott Rodeo. The Misfits were at best mediocre, but they were a bit crappy. The Damned put on a brilliant show, and the Addicts really showed how to put a show on. They go the whole hog on campy glam punk.

Jello Biafra played a few Dead Kennedys songs and some of his recent stuff and also puts on a cool show. The Dwarves were OK but nothing to write home about. A band that I hadn't heard of before was The Movement from Britain, they do a mod ska mix thats really cool. Jaya the Cat were also a cool band when the sun's shining as they do the reggae/ska thing.

Some of the German bands were OK but Döddlehai and Die Kassierer weren't really my thing, I imagine you have to be German to enjoy their humour. Troopers in my opinion should have stayed wherever they were. But all in all an awesome festival, small and fun with none of the crappy advertising you get at the mainstream festivals. I went to Hurrican the week later and it felt like I'd landed in a money grabbing advert with bands playing in the background.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel