Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: Bass player/Drummer wanted in London!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 16, 2011 7:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Singer/guitarist Jay Vee (ex VACANTS, CRUSHERS, DEATH VALLEY SURFERS) needs bass & drums for rockin' new combo JAY VEE & THE CARDINAL SINS!

A few songs already written, but hoping that with the right people some collaborative efforts'll surface.  Generally, influences include booze, romance and insanity.  Musically, this translates as garage punk, blues, r'n'b (the good kind), punk rock, surf, new wave, rockabilly, country, and assorted nuggets of tuneful psychosis.

Bands I'm digging at the moment: The Cramps, The Fabulous Wailers, King Salami & the Cumberland 3, Tom Waits, The Damned, The Sonics, Dan Sartain, Black Keys, Oblivians, Man or Astro-Man?, Mudhoney, New Bomb Turks, Hank Williams, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Guana Batz, Throw Rag, Jon Spencer, The Dirtbombs, and many, many more.

Previous bands can be heard at www.myspace.com/thevacants1 , www.myspace.com/crushersdestroy , and www.punkabilly.co.uk

If any of this sounds like your bag, read on!

PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS:

Equipment ownership ESSENTIAL! Drummers must have own kit, bass players own amp etc.  You won't necessarily have to haul it to every rehearsal or gig, but it'll be needed at some point.

You MUST be committed.  When gigs or rehearsals are booked, they're booked. Simple as.  I'll be aiming to get tours (UK, Europe) together if all goes well, so make sure this whole music shebang is what you wanna do with yourself!

You MUST be able to rehearse in North/Central London, and be able to get around for gigs in the capital and elsewhere.

Age isn't important, so long as you're old enough to drink, and young enough to jump around onstage!

Talent isn't essential either: I'm not looking for virtuoso musicians here, just people with a good feel for their instruments and enough stage presence to compensate for any deficiencies in ability.

Got all that? Cool.  Now if you're still interested, drop me a line at crushersdestroy@hotmail.co.uk, ideally with a photo, but no worries if not.  Let me know what you're into (musically, at least for now!), and outline your own musical experience (again, not essential).  Right, now that's out of the way, all that's left to say is 'Rock & Roll, motherfuckers!'

-JV

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel