Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Teenage Wasteland on WFMU-FM

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 10, 2013 8:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Born out of the flames of Satan's ass, this is the longest running garage/rock/punk/power pop/rockabilly/surf/r&b/doo-wop radio show in the whole wide stinkin' world.  No adult supervision since 1978.  Come circle the drain 3-5 PM eastern time on Sundays at 91.1 FM in New York City and northern New Jersey as well as at 90.1 in NY's Hudson Valley and PA's Lehigh Valley and now at 91.9 in Rockland County, NY.  It's also online at wfmu.org.  This is the only radio show that will make you want to strip naked and stare into the sun before you get down on all fours and drink from a puddle on the street.  It's more uplifting than discovering Kanye West has a flesh-eating virus and gratifies every one of your childish urges without making you blind.  Stephen Hawking doesn't make a move without it.  That's the Teenage Wasteland on WFMU; God-eating rock & roll.  R-r-real rock & roll!

• February 11, 2013 2:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Haha I guess you mean my GP photo and not the one of me with a balloon hat, I'll take the compliment begrudgingly. But you're right, there have been a ton of hosts throughout the years (I actually just celebrated 26!?). Quite impressive you've been doing it that long.

Greg, feel free to send stuff to WMBR, 3 Ames St., Cambridge MA 02142.  LRC is def. more of a new music show than Teen Waste. Thanks.

Bill Kelly said:

There must have been a number of hosts/hostesses. You haven't been on for 35 years.  You're too pretty.  I've been the sole host of the Teenage Wasteland.  I'm old and wrinkled and I can prove it.  Just cut me in half and count the rings.

• February 11, 2013 9:32 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And I will be sending both of you our upcoming EP. :)

• February 11, 2013 8:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There must have been a number of hosts/hostesses. You haven't been on for 35 years.  You're too pretty.  I've been the sole host of the Teenage Wasteland.  I'm old and wrinkled and I can prove it.  Just cut me in half and count the rings.

• February 11, 2013 5:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Congratulations on being around since 1978 BUT I'm afraid our show beats you.  WMBR's Late Risers' Club in Cambridge/Boston started in May 1977 and just had a grand ole time celebrating 35 years last fall.

http://laterisersclub.org/?page_id=3692

We tend to the louder side of things with some metal and hardcore mixed in with our garage, power pop, etc. and I'm pretty sure everyone's clothes stays on. Every weekday morning from 10-noon, 88.1FM and http://wmbr.org (archives up for 2 weeks).

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel