Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: Dublin Punk

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 15, 2011 4:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey, it's travel time again.
      I'm going to Dublin next week, so anybody out there with some tips where to go for a drink, live music, where to buy good vinyl?! I am into old 77 stuff worldwide, garage, Reggae etc... NOT into Heavy Metal and MTV Punk.
      Thanks, Tim, Hamburg
    • May 1, 2012 8:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As it happens, I am in the same predicament as the original poster -- looking for punk/garage oriented stuff to do in Dublin while I am there. I land on Friday (May 4) and I'm staying for a week.

Are the suggestions from earlier still valid? Any further updates? Any specific shows coming up in this timeframe?

• August 24, 2011 3:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Michelle, thanks for your kind respond. I am back already, had a 5 day stay only.
      Man, theres a lot of Wild Rover yodeling around town!!!!! too many tourists (oh, I am one myself...) but I enjoyed Sandycove and Howth. And the Chester Beatty Library is great... so less punk this time.

Anyway, thanks again, if you ever plan a trip to Hamburg let me know.

cheers, Tim

Michelle said:

Hey, I'm from Dublin!

What dates will you be here? There could be some good gigs on around town.

Some places can be great of a certain weekend, and not so good the next, so it would be good to find when you're here!

The Garage bar, in Temple Bar, is small and dingy with great DJs from Wednesday to Saturday nights (Friday & Saturday being the best in my opinion - mostly 50s/60s garage, psych, punk, mod, etc...)

If you're looking for a good pint of Guinness, try the Stag's Head at Dame Lane or The Lord Edward on Lord Edward Street (beside Christchurch).

As for record stores, try The Rage on Fade Street (https://www.facebook.com/TheRageDublin)

Spin Dizzy Records in George's Street Arcade and there's another one in there too (can't think of the name)

Secret Book & Record Store on Wicklow Street (Tower Records is also on Wicklow Street)

There's a few around Temple Bar too, if you have a walk around there they should be easy enough to find (Temple Bar is small!)

Hope this is of some help, 

Let me know your dates!

Michelle :)

• August 18, 2011 6:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hiya Michelle! 

Tim, when are you here? The Pacifics are playing a free gig in a local dive, as Elmar said, this Sunday the 21st if you're around. It's in the Globe on Georges St.

• August 18, 2011 1:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey, I'm from Dublin!

What dates will you be here? There could be some good gigs on around town.

Some places can be great of a certain weekend, and not so good the next, so it would be good to find when you're here!

The Garage bar, in Temple Bar, is small and dingy with great DJs from Wednesday to Saturday nights (Friday & Saturday being the best in my opinion - mostly 50s/60s garage, psych, punk, mod, etc...)

If you're looking for a good pint of Guinness, try the Stag's Head at Dame Lane or The Lord Edward on Lord Edward Street (beside Christchurch).

As for record stores, try The Rage on Fade Street (https://www.facebook.com/TheRageDublin)

Spin Dizzy Records in George's Street Arcade and there's another one in there too (can't think of the name)

Secret Book & Record Store on Wicklow Street (Tower Records is also on Wicklow Street)

There's a few around Temple Bar too, if you have a walk around there they should be easy enough to find (Temple Bar is small!)

Hope this is of some help, 

Let me know your dates!

Michelle :)

• August 16, 2011 3:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks, looks and sounds good (The Pacifics)

Elmar Gimpl said:

from Dublin: THE PACIFICS
      Their  Facebook

think they play regularly at local dives

• August 15, 2011 5:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

from Dublin: THE PACIFICS
      Their  Facebook

think they play regularly at local dives

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel