Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: Touring Permission/Visa

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 8, 2011 5:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi!

We are going to release our first 7" EP soon (although you can already listen to it in our profile page or  bandcamp) and we would like to play some gigs in London as our vocalist lives there now. However, the guitarist is Colombian and cannot enter the UK (and probably other countries of the EU) with his passport like the rest of the band.

Does anyone know the requierements for doing this? Any experiences?

By the way, we are very keen on playing outside Spain so if anyone who likes our stuff would help us book some gigs, it would be infinitely appreciated!

Thank you!

• January 28, 2012 7:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What about the US? Any South American bands that have toured there?

BTW our EP is now available for free download!

• December 10, 2011 2:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The buy only stuff is the actual physical EP as we don't like to charge for downloads, but the download is still not available cause it hasn't been released yet.

However, we'll send you a direct download link to all our stuff privately, that should be a lot easier.

• December 10, 2011 1:52 PM CST
    • Untitled

Hey guys ....

I don't usually play much streaming stuff online, unless it is a podcast I like .... I tend to download bands' comp material and later when I have time, I go through it .... and decide what show i will play what.  Looks like your stuff is buy only?

• December 10, 2011 1:43 PM CST
    • Untitled

De Venturas,

Thanks guys, but I am no pro ... just an over-educated punker who happened to be fascinated with Asia since I was young and did the old YALE Law degree thing in-between running back and forth to US and Asia for business.  But, yes, you have it right ... the visa gets you travel rights in every Euro country signed-onto the Pact, but the working regulations vary wildly.  You could find yourself blacklisted from  your favorite Euro country, even for tourism if you get into trouble.

Mexican Moustache - thanks for the add!!! and ...

Unknown? Perhaps .... well, let's get started with some airplay and promotion and take it from there.  Well, I did mean demos and of course then, whatever will be on the EP and I will play both.  Email would be nice.  I see now your comments about bandcamp and will download now, as I am just checking email here, 2.45 am Thailand time, cuz I can't seem to sleep tonight ....

Since I don't need more spam :) (from all over the internet), I will send you my email privately.

Thanks!!

Max

• December 9, 2011 2:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thank you both!

Yeah, we know that a certain permit is needed but we just don't know if we can get it ourselves from Spain or if it has to be the promoter/band/whatever booking the gig wherever it might be, or if it what the easier/better way of doing it would be.

Of course we would like to tour Asia but I fear we might be too unknown to make it possible..

Max, you mean a direct link for download? We have download avaliable for our demos in bandcamp and the downloads for the 7" EP will be available shortly after we present it, as it has not come out from the pressing plant yet (although I could email it to you if you'd like).

• December 9, 2011 3:40 AM CST
    • Untitled

Right, didn't even think about the work part of the story... As far as Europe goes, every country has it's own rules. If you get a Visa for one you can travel in all. However, working is a whole different ball game cause you'll probably need work permits for each seperate country you want to do gigs in. Here's a site in English of a foundation that works with things like that. To me it looks next to impossible to arrange for yourself and you would be best off to have a Pro like Max Volume help you out.

http://www.sica.nl/en/node/19406

• December 8, 2011 7:17 PM CST
    • Untitled

If memory serves me right, you cannot work (i.e., receive money) while doing anything in Europe with only the Schengen visa and no work permit .. however, I think things may have changed.  I really specialize in US visas and Asian visas .....

If you want to do gigs in Japan, Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, etc., all with established or newly growing music scenes, that I can help ya on.

Now that you brought that up, it may be a good topic for a 15 min discussion on my podcast.

Do you guys have a direct link to your music?

Max

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel