Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Recommend ONE Album I Need to Buy This Second!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 11, 2012 6:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Some of my favorite recent scores were the self titled Cheap Time, Baseball Furies "Greater Than Ever", The Rippers "Tales Full Of Black Soot", Spider Babies "Undressed To Kill", The Spits "V", The Vagrants "I Can't Make A Friend 1965-1968", & Blowin Through Yokohama (16 hot skillet muck muck r&b blasts)

• March 11, 2012 6:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Oblivions singles CD on Sympathy.

OR The Sonics, Boom!

• March 11, 2012 3:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I Love everything by the Deadly Snakes.... I have recently re-discovered "Porcella"!

One of my all time Favorites!

MixtapeTalia said:

Ode To Joy - The Deadly Snakes or anything by Jackie Shane you can get your hands on!

• February 6, 2012 7:40 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thee Eviltones "In the Shadow of the Beast" (Dead by Mono)

• January 29, 2012 5:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ode To Joy - The Deadly Snakes or anything by Jackie Shane you can get your hands on!

• January 29, 2012 5:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Niiiice one!

Alison said:

• January 27, 2012 4:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You should just download for free. Here are some great songs! www.reverbnation.com/tennesseescum ... there are links to other low level trash bands. thats the best thing you could do in my opinion. it's easy for large bands, with established fans and a following, to get people to listen to their music and get discovered. Give the new guys a chance! thanks

• January 12, 2012 2:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

THE REAL KIDS self-titled LP.

• January 12, 2012 12:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That was a while ago- I don't even have my Beltones shirts anymore.  I think we did two different versions of the gun shirt.  I had one we did for the "Fuck You Anyway" song, with a little punk kid giving the finger.  If you ordered other shirts from TKO, it's likely I was the guy who printed your shirt.

All of the guys in The Beltones were fun. My buddy was in a band called Terminus City and they played together a lot.

Jason Feldmann said:

That's awesome. I ordered a shirt from TKO back in the late 90s... all white with the Beltones logo and a M-16 (or M-60) across the chest. Still wear it today, despite the stains. You gotta any of those T-shirts lying around?

But the really cool thing is how I was introduced to the band.... saw the Swingin' Utters play Des Moines, Iowa in the summer 99 when I was living out there. Ended up drinking beers with the band afterwards and talking about music, sports (big NBA fans) and old SNL episodes. Anyway Johhny Peebucks and I struck up a friendship of sorts as we talked about a band called the Strike. I told him I'd send him their latest LP on casette tape. He returned the favor with a tape consisting of the Beltones, Workin' Stiffs and the Real McKenzies. Good stuff indeed!

Dennis Guthrie said:

The Beltones are great.  I used to print their t-shirts when I worked at my buddy's shop, Crash & Burn (in Atlanta).

Jason Feldmann said:

Everyone should know, love, appreciate and emmulate the Beltones. Their On Deaf Ears EP collects all their early 7 inches onto a CD. Only 20 minutes. But 20 minutes is all you need to have your life turned upside down!!  I love this goddamn band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eS3mtb...

• January 12, 2012 12:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's awesome. I ordered a shirt from TKO back in the late 90s... all white with the Beltones logo and a M-16 (or M-60) across the chest. Still wear it today, despite the stains. You gotta any of those T-shirts lying around?

But the really cool thing is how I was introduced to the band.... saw the Swingin' Utters play Des Moines, Iowa in the summer 99 when I was living out there. Ended up drinking beers with the band afterwards and talking about music, sports (big NBA fans) and old SNL episodes. Anyway Johhny Peebucks and I struck up a friendship of sorts as we talked about a band called the Strike. I told him I'd send him their latest LP on casette tape. He returned the favor with a tape consisting of the Beltones, Workin' Stiffs and the Real McKenzies. Good stuff indeed!

Dennis Guthrie said:

The Beltones are great.  I used to print their t-shirts when I worked at my buddy's shop, Crash & Burn (in Atlanta).

Jason Feldmann said:

Everyone should know, love, appreciate and emmulate the Beltones. Their On Deaf Ears EP collects all their early 7 inches onto a CD. Only 20 minutes. But 20 minutes is all you need to have your life turned upside down!!  I love this goddamn band.

• January 12, 2012 11:54 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jason Feldmann said:

• January 11, 2012 1:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The blind shake and michael yonkers.  I just heard it last week.  It blew me away. I'm waiting for my copy in the mail.

• January 11, 2012 12:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I LOVE the Nomads...and especially this song.

Thomas Marshall said:

The Nomads - WHERE THE WOLF BANE BLOOMS (MLP) Amigo AMMP 302/1983

• January 11, 2012 12:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And I loved these guys in the 80's, but I kind-of forgot about them during my anger fueled punk days.

• January 11, 2012 11:52 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I came across this after listening to the Von Zippers on youtube...

• January 11, 2012 9:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Should be soon! Peter Aaron of the Chrome Cranks is a member here... maybe we can get him to chime in. Here's the previous discussion on the topic:

http://garagepunk.ning.com/forum/topics/new-chrome-cranks

Davi Rodriguez - ORANGE DISASTER said:

Any idea of when is the next Chrome Cranks' out?

Bobby said:

For a while noe I'be been listening a lot to The Church Keys- Work With It, & Tav Falco & the Unapproachable Panther Burns- Songs For Deranged Lovers. I'm really excited for the new Chrome Cranks album to come out next. 

Tony Jonaitis said:

The first Modern Lovers LP!  Or...the first Velvet Underground LP...or The Soft Boys "Underwater Moonlight...or....hey, this question is too hard to answer!!!!  You tell us what you would suggest!"

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 10, 2012 2:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Psychedelic Sounds of The 13th Floor Elevators in Mono. Every song is great.

• January 10, 2012 1:40 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Morning- Morning. very rare stufff. great record!

• January 10, 2012 9:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love the Los Saicos suggestions on page 1.  Will make me put that on right now.

but my album would be Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Rock Art and the X-ray Style.  Obviously not garage punk but the album I would tell someone to buy (but they probably wouldn't like it and be sour with me for spending their money that way).

• January 10, 2012 7:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Any idea of when is the next Chrome Cranks' out?

Bobby said:

For a while noe I'be been listening a lot to The Church Keys- Work With It, & Tav Falco & the Unapproachable Panther Burns- Songs For Deranged Lovers. I'm really excited for the new Chrome Cranks album to come out next. 

Tony Jonaitis said:

The first Modern Lovers LP!  Or...the first Velvet Underground LP...or The Soft Boys "Underwater Moonlight...or....hey, this question is too hard to answer!!!!  You tell us what you would suggest!"

• January 10, 2012 5:25 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The second lp from the small faces (self titled)...essential!

And I gotta agree with listening to a lot a tav falco, I only got put onto him last year, though I did have the track dateless night on a comp I never paid much attention to him, that is until recently.I'm just waiting now on a copy of his red devil album to land through the post.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel