Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Supernatural

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 13, 2012 3:29 AM CST
    • Untitled

Is anyone else here into this program? When I was asking people in Britain about it noone I knew had heard of it but it's big in Germany, but this being Germany we are constantly about 2 seasons behind America. They've only just started showing season 5 for god's sake.

The movie references are cool in my opinion, and I love the way that many episodes cram a mini horror film into 40 minutes. But having watched season 6 I was a bit dissapointed and having seen a season 7 trailer I'm not sure if it's going to pick up. I really hope it does because the fantasy of living on the road and killing monsters seems pretty unbeatable.

• January 13, 2012 1:29 PM CST
    • Untitled

I can see why girls might dig it but I always had it down as a man's fantasy in the same way that Ghost Whisperer was a woman's fantasy, I mean running a nicely decorated antiques shop that sells bugger all every episode  while being very hot and having an attractive husband who's a nurse that treats you well, come on.

Men want to kill deamons, and get confused about the sexy ones that they're supposed to kill but somehow keep falling for their tricks. You're so right about the humour of the show though, like the "who names a character after himself" thing regarding Robert Singer.

I'm going to rewatch season 6 as I kind of did it in a marathon. There were a few good episodes there but I think 3 might be the best with the whole Dean going to hell thing, along with season 5's finale.

• January 13, 2012 12:33 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A chick I know got me all hooked up with this show.....nice stuff, not more :):)

• January 13, 2012 10:18 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Mike,

Wow! This post surprises me!! I've been into this program since the first episode aired here in the States!! Like you said, two guys living on the road, driving a cool car and killing monsters seemed like a fantastic concept. However, nearly no one else I know has ever even heard of the program. 

Obviously, the show is into it's 7th season, so someone here in the States is watching it. The best that I can gather is that it's popular with teenage girls, who think Sam and Dean are hotties. I don't know what that says about me, but it goes without saying that I like the show on another level. . .
      To me, it's the closest thing to the X-Files (which is sorely missed!). They make the running plot lines work, even though the Angel/Demon thing would seem inevitably cheesy on first glance. And the individual episodes are, indeed, like really good 40-min horror films. But what I might like the most is how they have a great sense of humor about the show and aren't afraid to make fun of themselves! Plus, as opposed to teenage girls digging Sam & Dean, I think they choose some incredibly hot women for the show. The season with Katie Cassidy (David Cassidy of Partridge Family's kid!) is still one of my faves!! She's incredible!! And the psychic girl that appears now and then (that had her eyes burned out) is pretty rockin' as well!!
      Furthermore, I've tried to get a few of my Psychotronic/Horror friends into the show. While none of them watch it on a regular basis, when they do catch an episode they have been remarkably impressed with how accurate/true the show is to traditional myths and folklore. They've commented, "I was like, how do they know that?!" As if they are the only geeks into that sort of stuff!! 
      Point is: The show is well done! And I'm not embarrassed to admit I'm a fan. . .  Well, maybe a little. . .
      Jeff

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel