Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Fuck Courtney Love

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 17, 2014 11:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I really, REALLY dislike Courtney Love. Have for a long time... even before I read about this.

I'm not even that big of a fan of Bruce Springsteen. I mean, blech.

But, thanks to The Guardian, she's once again looking like a fool who doesn't know what she's talking about:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/apr/16/saxophone-rock-and-roll-courtney-love

Courtney, YOU don't belong in rock'n'roll. Get lost.

Oh, and Hole sucks shit through Hefty bags, too.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• April 18, 2014 9:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hahahahaha.....couldn't agree more Kopper!!!!

• April 18, 2014 3:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't mean to hole-bash (I refuse to capitalize it), but when she showed up on the cover of Rolling Stone immediately following Kurt's death looking all come-hither, sexy I was thoroughly disgusted.   I would think if someone you loved died, no less killed themselves, you'd be a little too distraught to be granting interviews to the big name Rock n Roll mags.  I knew people that had demonstrated to me her said theory of "making it" to fame and I thought it was just, y'know hole = bashing men-folk talk, but seeing is believing. 

P.S. O Bondage Up Yours! (yes, X-Ray Specs):  very VERY excellent sax solo as Rock 'N Roll as ever.

• April 18, 2014 3:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You know she don't care...... (

• April 18, 2014 3:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I sing that chorus as "Oh Bondage, Yes Please!"
    • April 18, 2014 6:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The twit has prob never even listened to Exile on Main Street. 

• April 18, 2014 7:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

could'nt access the video, only some "Radical" Hip Hop that's probably already IN the Hall of Fame , either. While Clarence Clemons was a fine musician , I CARE NOT SHIT ONE ABOUT BRUCE AND The Street Band. Just not my bag. Saw 'em in '80 , and thought they killed it , but that was then , and now it's today. I've neve rpurchased anything by Springsteen , BTW, did'nt feel a need to , you can hear him anywhere.

BUT , SAXOPHONES DON'T BELONG IN ROCK'N'ROLL ?!!!!!

JOE HOUSTON , JOHNNY AND THE HURRICANES , LITTLE RICHARD ,THE TRENIERS , FATS DOMINO , THE SONICS , THE VISCOUNTS , THE THUNDER ROCKS , SAM BUTERA AND THE WITNESSES , THE BLASTERS , LOUIS JORDAN , IKE TURNER'S KINGS OF RHYTHM , BARRENCE WHITFIELD AND THE SAVAGES , DICK HECKSTALL - SMITH , BIG JAY MCNEELEY , MACEO PARKER , BOBBY KEYES , SCREAMIN' JAY HAWKINS , RAY CHARLES (THE LATTER TWO ALSO PLAYED SAX.) , HAWKWIND , STEVEN MCKAY , THE WAILERS , BULLMOOSE JACKSON , JESSE SCINTO , EARL BOSTIC , HANK CRAWFORD , THE WASTE KINGS , HANOI ROCKS , JAMES CHANCE , SOUNDS INC. , DAVE CLARK FIVE , PAUL REVERE AND THE RAIDERS , FREDDIE BELL AND THE BELL BOYS , BILL HALEY AND THE COMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of these examples are less Rock'n'Roll than others , agreed , they're just the first ones that came off the top of my head...... EACH are more Rock 'n'Roll than HOLE or solo Courtney could dream of being.    Hole is one male member short (No elusions to sexism or bad puns meant of being a Riot Grrrrrrl band.) , and , I GUESS , CONSIDERABLE MAJOR LABEL SUPPORT , away from being a Riot Grrrrrrl band.   it's Courtney that has no place in Rock'n'Roll , tho' , up to this moment , she has'nt annoyed me in a very long time . I mean , really , how much  further from relevance , even in THEIR world , can she be , these days ?  

NIRVANA'S IN THE HALL , LINK WRAY WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE. THAT'S PROGRESS.

• April 19, 2014 9:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Tout a note Courtney, cuz it's KING UZ and his wailin' SAX!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLt55hQP1zo

(I'm out in the green and my computer thing don't want to embed)

Here for the stir

• April 19, 2014 11:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Haha, perfect! I love King Uszniewicz.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• April 19, 2014 1:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

.....and such a truly skilled saxophonist at that.

• April 20, 2014 1:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I ONLY LEARNED , RECENTLY , THAT CUB KODA (AKA KING USZNIEWICZ) BOUGHT A SAX IN A PAWN SHOP, AND HE OR ONE OF THE FICTIONAL USZNIEWICZTONES ( EX -MEMBERS OF THE ALARM CLOCKS , THEN ROADIES FOR BROWNSVILLE STATION ) PLAYED THE INSTRUMENT FOR THE FIRST TIME , AND A LEGEND WAS BORN ! COURTNEY SHOULD BE MADE TO LISTEN TO THE KING AGAINST HER WILL !!!!!!!!!!! (EXCUSE THE CAPS. IT'S LATE.)

• April 20, 2014 5:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hehe, I wholeheartedly agree with all of ya!

Here for the stir

• May 1, 2014 1:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I GUESS i MISSED MY MARK....WHAT I MEANT WAS , HOLE WAS THIS CLOSE TO BEING....UM ....A RIOT GRRRRRL BAND . CHOSING TO PLAY BADLY. i DON'T TOTALLY HATE ALL THAT STUFF , BUT , AS LUTZ VIPINDERWOMAN POINTED OUT ,   Poly Styrene was truly innovative, she took on the Punk Rock Boy's club and won. There were others , Siouxzzzzzzzzz , Pauline Murray (Penetration) , Gaye Advert , and the lovely Fay Fife (AND , BY THAT , I MEAN , SHE'S JUST A LOVELY PERSON), and in America , Patti Smith , Poison Ivy , Lydia Lunch , Exene , Alice Bag , Penelope Houston and many others. But Courtney and Hole never went though what these bands had to endure.  Anyone ever hear Hole's first EP ? MAN , IT'S GODAWFUL. I certainly dont think Courtney pretends to be a feminist , but ,she must not be listening to her own music , or she'd know how bad it is......IT'S LIKE Chris Horne , from the late , great Brood , told me ,"They put us on bills with other female bands , but , that does'nt always work......It's like , these bands that put being women , first , over their music , you can't listen to them , they're that bad.".

After Curt died , it seemed like Hole was doing Nirvana retreads. Maybe they always were. 

Nirvana was the band to co - opt in the 90's , just as REM were the same thing  in the 80's.

Maybe Courtney is'nt putting her gender first , but sh edoes'nt know the first thing about Rock'n'ROLL. eVEN IF REAL Rock 'n'Roll with fat saxes is'nt your preference , you're only talking out of your ass when you make a statement like "Saxophones don't belong in Rock'n'Roll" . Big Jay Mcneeley is in his 80's, and so is Dave "Bubba" Mitchell , from Milt TRENIER'S BAND. They still know how to put on a SHOW. Do you think Courtbey cares about that?

To her , it's all about being a trainwreck in the public eye. Who cares ?

• May 1, 2014 7:52 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Firstly, I would like to say this about Courtney: She was in Alex Cox's Sid and Nancy AND Straight to Hell (er, tho' that's not such a great film, but then S&N has it's faults).

Hole weren't that great, but then neither were Nirvana (Kurt was always bitter about Eddie Veder basically cos Ed got to sing on Hungerstrike and be in Green River v.2).

But she is wrong (sax is one of the horniest instruments, if played properly, and getting the horn is what it is about, after all that's what ROCKIN ROLL music is all about), but then as none of you have said the Stooges (Funhouse) or John Coltrane, I wouldn't be so quick judge (and yes I award myself 5 garage points for name dropping them)

People hate Courtney cos she got to suck Kurts dick and they didn't. If you watch Kurt & Courtney and see the interview with her dad, you'll quickly realise "Oh, that's why she's fucked up").

Courtney has made a career on saying shit and guess what, it's worked, if you talk about her, either positively or not, she wins.

And Bruce is only acceptable because Manfred Manns Earth Band did such a bitchin cover of BBTL.

That is all, you may return to your lives a better person for reading these words.

• May 1, 2014 8:20 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

currently listening to lots of Mudhoney after reading their new bio. This song is aimed directly at Love- "why don't you blow your brains out too?" is one of the more obvious jabs in it. The whole record was an indictment of the Seattle scene, came out a year or so after Kurt's death.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel