Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Stringing a Danelectro D59 Reissue.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 17, 2014 1:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I recently purchased a Danelectro D59 reissue. The sound is real sweet and everything, but my  day of reckoning struck last night as my high e string finally broke. Normally, I can change a string on a guitar no problem, but this Danelectro is a bit different as I have to raise the bridge and then string my guitar in some sort of loop formation. I can not find any decent instructions on the internet how to do this. I guess you unscrew the  two screws to raise the bridge. Also,  I would think that you need to loosen the stings a lot before rising the bridge. Unfortunently, the instruction booklet does not address this issue and  I can not find any decent instructions on the internet. Since I do not want to damage my guitar, I am wondering if I am right on track with changing strings properly without screwing up my guitar.

Thanks a lot!

• February 17, 2014 2:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If you need someone to show you, take it down to J. Gravity Strings on S. Broadway. Those guys are great. They also just got in a late '50s-era Silvertone that looks like it could've belonged to Link Wray himself.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• February 17, 2014 2:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks a lot Kopper. I will do that and it would ne coolto check out the Wray like silvertone.

• February 17, 2014 7:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

God... I must have been smoking crack or something. I meant to say  "Thanks a lot Kopper. I will do that and it would be  cool to check out the Wray like Silvertone.

• March 1, 2014 7:10 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I took it in today Kopper. J. Gravity showed me how to change the strings and a few other things about the guitar as I had them check my guitar out to make sure it is okay. I purchased a handful of strings and a lot more picks. I like to use white picks because dark picks scuff the leather pick guard. I want to replace the pick guar with a plastic one. Thanks a lot about the reccomendation. I am loving the tone on the guitar, especially now with my new fuzz pedal.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel