Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Boots

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 21, 2009 10:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I supposed we could use the Talkin' Trash group for that. That's where that stuff got discussed on the old Forums. Andy Seven said:
      There should definitely be a Garage Punk clothes/shoe group. If you need a moderator let me know.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• January 21, 2009 8:59 PM CST
    • Untitled

There should definitely be a Garage Punk clothes/shoe group. If you need a moderator let me know.
    • January 21, 2009 1:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

pity they don't make those hush puppies no more
    • January 21, 2009 12:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....and if you removed two (or all) of the buckles, I think Kopper has already found the Holy grail of boot, the more I look at those italian beauties the more I dig, I'm getting quite tempted, maybe you could start a new group Kop, 'chelsea boot wearers of the world' ;-)
    • January 21, 2009 12:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They'd look better with a Cuban heel. Vagabonds said:
      Behold, the boot holy grail:

Well maybe, but they are a goddamn fine piece of footwear and sturdy as Steven Seagal.

• January 21, 2009 12:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Behold, the boot holy grail:

Well maybe, but they are a goddamn fine piece of footwear and sturdy as Steven Seagal.
    • January 21, 2009 7:46 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

*hi-five* Kopp. you gots to take ah pic so's we can see...! uh, yeah... they are slippery. watch it around spilled beer/drinks. and i've actually hopped freight trains in beatle boots and climbed mountains. don't do that! kopper said:
      I got my Giorgio Brutinis yesterday and I'm pretty impressed. I can't believe how light they are, not bulky at all. And they fit perfect (I ordered a half-size larger than I normally wear). The only thing is they're slippery! I'm definitely going to look into getting rubber soles added by a local cobbler.

Sara said:
      i just bought these EXACT same boots and I LOVE THEM! That is so funny, I literally got them last week, played a show Friday night, they are super comfortable and styley as hell, and yeah, a bargain. The cuban heel threw me for a loop a little bit...... easy to get off balance, although my friend Ginger says she is now going to start calling shots of tequila "cuban heels" because that might have been it too.....
    • January 21, 2009 7:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I got my Giorgio Brutinis yesterday and I'm pretty impressed. I can't believe how light they are, not bulky at all. And they fit perfect (I ordered a half-size larger than I normally wear). The only thing is they're slippery! I'm definitely going to look into getting rubber soles added by a local cobbler. Sara said:
      i just bought these EXACT same boots and I LOVE THEM! That is so funny, I literally got them last week, played a show Friday night, they are super comfortable and styley as hell, and yeah, a bargain. The cuban heel threw me for a loop a little bit...... easy to get off balance, although my friend Ginger says she is now going to start calling shots of tequila "cuban heels" because that might have been it too.....

• January 20, 2009 11:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i would check 'em out only my shoes size is a few inches larger, Sumiji said:
      How funny; i was just about to put up a pair of vintage beatle boots made in England on ebay. They are a little too small for me and I wear a size 9 mens so they are probably like 8 1/2. They are in excellent condition. Any takers?
    • January 20, 2009 10:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How funny; i was just about to put up a pair of vintage beatle boots made in England on ebay. They are a little too small for me and I wear a size 9 mens so they are probably like 8 1/2. They are in excellent condition. Any takers?
    • January 20, 2009 9:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah, those Densons are fucking hot! They are similar to my old boots but w/out strap and and I believe they went a little higher which I like... Mad Mojo Marmalade said:
      I had a pair of Chelsea's that I wore alot in the late 80's early 90's. Kept the shoemaker busy. I would have liked them even more without the side elastic, but for authenticity sake, they were keepers. Some of the Chelsea style manufactured today have heels that are way too flat. If I were purchasing a pair today, I'd just make sure the heels have that upright, rounded edge. Also had a pair of black and white lace winklepicker shoes which I have packed away. Wore them with black and white striped pants. The boot look I like best is the style w/buckle like the early 60's Denson's below. There's a tougher look about them that I'd like to keep with the visual of the leather clad heathens burning through the Cavern with them on their feet.

• January 20, 2009 4:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• January 20, 2009 3:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

they look great if you got skinny legs and look like the horrors, had many pairs through the 80's /90's I got a bit heavier over time and now they look daft, so they've been retired to the back of the shoe cupboard, wore many good pairs out walking miles across London after missing the last bus or tube, happy days ahhh....
    • January 20, 2009 2:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I had a pair of Chelsea's that I wore alot in the late 80's early 90's. Kept the shoemaker busy. I would have liked them even more without the side elastic, but for authenticity sake, they were keepers. Some of the Chelsea style manufactured today have heels that are way too flat. If I were purchasing a pair today, I'd just make sure the heels have that upright, rounded edge. Also had a pair of black and white lace winklepicker shoes which I have packed away. Wore them with black and white striped pants. The boot look I like best is the style w/buckle like the early 60's Denson's below. There's a tougher look about them that I'd like to keep with the visual of the leather clad heathens burning through the Cavern with them on their feet.

• January 20, 2009 10:10 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I forgot to add: To anyone placing an order from Shoe Buy, always do a google search for a shoe buy coupon. I can usually find one more 15% off.
    • January 20, 2009 10:08 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have two pair of those Brutini boots--a black pair and a brown ("calf" I think is the term they use). I've bought two or three pairs over the years because I wear 'em out playing with Thee Crucials. If I just wore 'em to work and around the town, they'd last a lot longer. I always purchase mine from shoebuy.com.

In fact, I need to order some more soon.

I've purchased some from Cavern Boots, but they were so damn expensive that I'll always opt for the Brutini versions.
    • January 20, 2009 7:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Joenzy said:

I had to ditch them cos the sole had worn thru and in Portland it rains all the time...
      Ahh... I wish I would have re-soled them instead of ditching them at the "safeway" parking lot on a drunken whim.
      They had the zipper.
      now I have a pair of shoes from Italy that have a strap.
      Here's a bad pic of them:
      Oh and you can find a simalr boot to what you show, Kopp at the "Sears" retail store.
      For like $30.00 but they just are kind of bulky like the ones you have.

I'm not sure what you mean by "bulky"... these boots aren't bulky. You want bulky boots, try a pair of engineer boots (they look like these). Those things are bulky (and uncomfortable as hell). Anyone want a pair of size 11 1/2 Harley Davidson engineers? Let me know. They're hardly even worn! Now, regarding the soles, I plan on getting some protective rubber soles added to the bottom of these so they last longer. I don't do a whole lot of walking (and I have a desk job), nor does it rain a ton in St. Louis, but I want them to last as long as possible.

• January 19, 2009 8:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I probably have. But they are not the beatle boots I miss wearing. Gold Teeth Keith from the post-punk band 24k gold from S.F. gave me a pair that were a nice sheen like that of patent leather and vintage from the 60's. I wish I could remember the brand. They were a bit pointier at the toe and form fitted to my ankle. They were eye catching and I used to get comments all the time. I had to ditch them cos the sole had worn thru and in Portland it rains all the time... Ahh... I wish I would have re-soled them instead of ditching them at the "safeway" parking lot on a drunken whim. They had the zipper. now I have a pair of shoes from Italy that have a strap. Here's a bad pic of them: Oh and you can find a simalr boot to what you show, Kopp at the "Sears" retail store. For like $30.00 but they just are kind of bulky like the ones you have. I like the hush=puupy "small faces" kind of shoes as well. and can find them sometimes at garage sales and thrift-stores.
    • January 19, 2009 2:52 PM CST
    • Untitled

Zipper sides are pretty resilient. My wife had a friend who'd only bang guys if they wore zippered boots! :D
    • January 19, 2009 2:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, those are very cool. But honestly, I'm not a big fan of the elastic sides. The one pair of chelsea-type boots I've had that had that type of stretchy side on them got really worn out fast. The top part (elastic band across the top) even snapped and came apart from the leather on one side and the rest of it got this wavy, stretched look about it. Not cool. It happened on two separate pairs of the same boots so I ended up sending them back. That's one reason I got the ones I got above... zipper sides. No elastic.

• January 19, 2009 2:42 PM CST
    • Untitled

Heh! Bingo-aren't they awesome? I'm getting mine ASAP.
    • January 19, 2009 2:00 PM CST
    • Untitled

kopper said:
      Andy Seven said:
      Giorgio Brutini is a pretty reliable designer. I'm getting a pair in goat hide and they're dyed blue-black. As soon as I get 'em I'm posting pics!

Where did you get yours?
      Zappos is good, 6PM.com is good, sometimes Overstock is good. There's a few sites out there that have fair prices, NexTag breaks down all the price differences for you.
    • January 19, 2009 1:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Andy Seven said:
      Giorgio Brutini is a pretty reliable designer. I'm getting a pair in goat hide and they're dyed blue-black. As soon as I get 'em I'm posting pics!
      Where did you get yours?

• January 19, 2009 12:49 PM CST
    • Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel