Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Network Stuff Support
This topic has been closed.
  • Topic: "Tiling" of screen when using Forefox

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 1, 2013 8:37 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Kopper - This is the issue I've been having while using Firefox. We talked about it briefly at the baseball game.(See screenshot.)

Thanks,

Doc

• September 1, 2013 10:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yuck! That's not good at all. Doc, can you give us a bit more info on your setup? Click here and then copy/paste the info in your reply: http://thismachine.info/

Thanks!

I run this taco stand.

• September 2, 2013 12:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Doc Detroit said:

Kopper - This is the issue I've been having while using Firefox. We talked about it briefly at the baseball game.(See screenshot.)

Thanks,

Doc

That picture looks like nightmares. Firefox is my new IE. I'm trying to test it out. I shamefully have Firefox 12 and it looks normal for me.

It's taking like 30 minutes to update to the latest version, 23, but I tested it on Browserling and Browserstack for Firefox version 16 on Mac OS X. (BTW, are you Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion or...?) Does it look like this on every page for you or just certain pages?

Screenshots Attached: 

Firefox 12, OS X 10.8.4

Browserling, Firefox 16 

BrowserStack, Firefox 16

This post was edited by Dearosaurus Rex at September 2, 2013 12:39 PM CDT
    • September 2, 2013 4:05 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Jane,

(BTW... This is Scott L. in St. Louis!!!!)

I'm using OS X, plain old Leopard. I've got a 7-year old iMac and I use a wireless cable modem. The tiling problem doesn't appear the moment after I log in. It's usually after I bounce around from page to page, which makes me think it might be a caching problem. It's not a huge deal... I can always use Safari. In fact, Firefox in general has been a pain to use lately, especially with Facebook. I may just use Safari as my default from now on.

• September 3, 2013 9:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Doc Detroit said:

Jane,

(BTW... This is Scott L. in St. Louis!!!!)

I'm using OS X, plain old Leopard. I've got a 7-year old iMac and I use a wireless cable modem. The tiling problem doesn't appear the moment after I log in. It's usually after I bounce around from page to page, which makes me think it might be a caching problem. It's not a huge deal... I can always use Safari. In fact, Firefox in general has been a pain to use lately, especially with Facebook. I may just use Safari as my default from now on.

HOLLA! Well I was trying to replicate it so I could troubleshoot it because that's hideous and it would suuuuuck if that was happening to lotsa folks. Chrome is my fave! But I try to ocassionally alternate browsers just so I'm up to speed on how websites appear on them. Thanks for sharing that though, I haven't figured it out just yet but it's good to know about.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel