Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Network Stuff Support
This topic has been closed.
  • Topic: HOTMAIL Users: Please Read This!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 20, 2013 3:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Apparently Hotmail does not like emails that are originating from GaragePunk.com. Frankly, I was really surprised to see so many people still using Hotmail in the first place! Anyway, it's not that emails from the site might be getting filtered into your junk/spam folders; it's that Hotmail is apparently BLOCKING all of our emails. This may not happen if you manually add hideout@garagepunk.com to your Hotmail address book; I'm just not sure. But one thing is certain: If you use Hotmail, you're probably not going to get email notifications or password resets/verification emails like you should. We highly recommend everyone with a Hotmail account switch to Gmail, or another more reliable email provider.

Please understand that this is not a problem on our end, or with Social Engine. We've confirmed that the emails are being sent out; they're just not always getting to where they're supposed to go. I have reported the issue to our Web host, but we're not sure how long it might take them to clear this up (if ever!).

You may also notice this problem with Yahoo, Live.com, AOL, and who knows what else. Just know that if you for some reason do not get your password reset or verification emails within at least 24 hours, that you may want to consider switching. Most likely your email provider is blocking us.

Sorry for the trouble, but we felt it important enough to let everyone know.

Thanks,

kopper

I run this taco stand.

• August 23, 2013 1:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just took a look at all of the new members who have signed up in the past couple weeks but who had not yet verified their email addresses, and most of them are using Hotmail email addresses. There were a couple of live.com ones and one gmx.de, too. So, I tink it's safe to say that if you have a Hotmail email address, you probably will NOT get any email notifications from this site, and that's not good. We would highly recommend using Gmail or another private email server instead, if you can. Apparently this is not an ucommon thing with Hotmail/Outlook, so who knows what other important emails you may not be receiving.

I run this taco stand.

• January 29, 2014 4:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I believe this issue has been resolved. However, if you are having problems signing in and are either not receiving verification emails, password change request emails, or anything else, please let us know. Send an email to hideout@garagpunk.com with all the details. Thanks.

I run this taco stand.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel