Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Network Stuff Support
  • Topic: Problems with Search

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 13, 2013 1:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We are aware of some issues relating to the searching of forum posts that we are trying to fix. First of all, apparently the search function doesn't work on any topics or posts that were migrated to the site from the old Ning site. Secondly, the default search is for "Forum Topics" instead of "Forum Posts," so, unless the word you are searching for actually appears in a Topic Title that was posted post-import, then it won't find anything. When you get to the 2nd search screen, you can then select "Forum Posts" from the drop-down menu, but again, those searches will only give you results of post-import discussions.

That, and the fact that you have to select and delete "Search Forum" from the search bar really drives me crazy. We'll try to fix that, too.

Let us know if you notice any other bugs or issues in regards to searching the Forum (or the site in general). Thanks!

I run this taco stand.

• January 29, 2014 4:31 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I believe the Forum needs to be re-indexed or something. I'm still having this same issue. I found an old topic from the old Ning site that had a band name in it (The Seclusions) and I tried searching, first, within Shakin' Street. Nothing. Next, I tried using the main network search. Again, nothing.

This really needs to be fixed.

I run this taco stand.

• January 30, 2014 8:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Are you sure you searched in the correct place? One time you told me about this and so I Googled the specific topic in mind ("Garagepunk.com: Example Topic Keyword") and it in fact was not in Shakin Street or whatever you thought it was in. 

• January 30, 2014 8:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, I'm sure. I used the Search box in the forum, after I had located a topic with a word in that forum that I could search for (in this case, "Seclusions"). And then I used the main network Search, like I said. Try it yourself. Go through the old posts in any one of our forums (the posts that were imported from Ning), find a unique word, then go back out and search for it. Trust me, you won't be able to find it.

I run this taco stand.

• January 30, 2014 8:42 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's another example. I found this topic in Shakin' Street:

http://garagepunk.com/forums/topic/4510/voix-de-garage-paris-garage-pun

If you search Shakin' Street for "Australie" (a misspelling of Australia) that's in that thread, you won't find it. But if you search for "voix," you will.

A search should turn up ALL results, not just those that happen to be in the subject or title of the thread...

I run this taco stand.

• January 30, 2014 9:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Ok. I sent you your account info for this Forum plugin. There is a support area where you can fill out a ticket with screenshots of these reports. 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel