Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Network Stuff Support
This topic has been closed.
  • Topic: Music upload issues and a player?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 11, 2013 10:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello GRPNK helpers -

1st of all I love the new site - very cool and promising!

I cannot seem to upload a single track to "share", I always get a "did not upload, hit cancel and try again" error.  And the other night I uploaed 4 songs to a "player" of some sort that also gave me a "music" tab, now that tab and the music files are gone. I also cannot find this playlist player again (maybe I dreamt it).

Also - can we embed a player right under our profile block(I saw a player Kopper has on his page for example).

Any ideas?  I appologize if this is simple user error.

Thanks again! - Chazdaddy

• August 12, 2013 2:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Same trouble here:
      few days ago i´ve been able to upload 3 songs, had a "music"tab and even the "Playlist-player" showing the songs shortly appeared but than everything was gone. Out of the three songs, only the one that i "shared" is still visible in my comment-wall, but only there..
      Now i got no Tab, no Player, no Musicfiles and trying to upload music anew failed.

• August 12, 2013 4:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

For some reason I'm not locatin any playlists you guys created anywhere. Do you know what day you added them here on the new site?

Also, can you please give me some more information about the upload failing? Such as your browser and any specific error codes?

• August 12, 2013 6:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Same thing here. Just uploaded 8 tracks, built profile playlist, but only the first "shared" track is viewable and no player or tab that I can see/find. 

EDIT: Ok, playlist is there, able to share it as "Status", but not in sidebar or as a tab. hmmm..

This post was edited by Audio Gasoline at August 12, 2013 6:25 PM CDT
    • August 12, 2013 6:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jane, as for me i added the songs the first day i believe, means 8.8. At first it looks like working, the upload seemed to be successful but at ones the were gone. No error report, just disappeared. Also the Music-Tab.

I´m using firefox recently (got safari as well)

• August 12, 2013 7:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello Jane Dear -

I have been using Chrome and I uploaed 4 tunes to the playlist player (and then had a music tab) on 8-9-13 I think. Not only did the songs disapear but I cannot find the place to load songs into a playlist now and there is no music tab now.   When I tried to upload songs to "share" I got a simple, "song not uploaded, please click cancel and try again" message.  

One update - I just uploaded and shared a single song, apparently successfully, via the share interface but I do not see it in the whole site "Music" area where other shared tunes are. To be clear,this is also not the several songs "playlist" that I saw back on 8-8-13.

Thanks - Chazdaddy

• August 12, 2013 8:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is how I found my "lost" tracks: In your status stream, find the shared track and click "share" underneath of it. In the pop-up window, click on "profile playlist". You can then click "share" yet again to share the whole playlist on your status page. That's as far as I got.

If that doesn't work, try uploading a new track, and then follow the above steps.

This post was edited by Audio Gasoline at August 12, 2013 8:24 PM CDT
    • August 12, 2013 8:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

UPDATE - similar to the audio gas reply, I found some tracks in an off handed way, I clicked play on one of my "share" windows and then the plus sign to "add to my playlist".  I was then able to see the lost tracks and new ones, and right now my music tab is back - I wil let you know if this lasts.

Thanks

• August 12, 2013 11:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Thanks for all the details guys. I'll look into what the differences between sharing through the Music section and sharing from the activity feed are and how it displays throughout the site.
    • August 13, 2013 12:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I had a player in the shared music section and I tried to upload a photo for it and then it was gone, except for on my profile page. I made another playlist for the music sharing section, but now i can't load any more songs... Hitbacks - Numero Un.mp3{"viewer":{},"viewer_id":232,"playlist":{},"playlist_id":1278,"status":false,"message":"An error has occurred","error_code":"49fd3d","errorName":"Engine_Exception"}

• September 18, 2013 10:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Quick functionality question:

On the Ning site we were able to allow downloading of tracks from our playlists (as I recall). Is there a way to do this here? or is that a file sharing type no no here? Also, I didn't see a way to add an attachment to a forum post/reply. Is that available on this new site? 

• September 18, 2013 10:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

MIKE 66 said:

Quick functionality question:

On the Ning site we were able to allow downloading of tracks from our playlists (as I recall). Is there a way to do this here? or is that a file sharing type no no here? Also, I didn't see a way to add an attachment to a forum post/reply. Is that available on this new site? 

Actually, Ning even removed that functionality (to allow downloading of songs). That was the way it was set up early on, but I think they received too many complaints of illegal downloading, so they turned it off. Likewise, we wouldn't want to make that allowable here, either, for obvious reasons. I don't want to risk my home and livelihood by allowing people to download music. The RIAA and many labels have quite a big bug up their butts about that.

Actually, even having songs on a *playlist* is a bit risky...

I run this taco stand.

• September 25, 2013 7:46 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How do I put a player on my profile page?

• January 29, 2014 4:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Funhouse Skull said:

How do I put a player on my profile page?

Go to Music from the menu on the left, then click on "Upload Music." Once you have created your playlist, click on "My Music" and click the link next to the musical note that says "Play on my Profile." This will add that playlist player to your profile. You can see it when you click the "My Profile" link from the top and going to view your page.

Hope this helps!

I run this taco stand.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel