Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Network Stuff Support
This topic has been closed.
  • Topic: Friends & Members

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 1, 2013 8:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK, I'm really confused by the way SE alerts you of the fact that you have a friend request. When I click on the little green "Updates" button, it shows me all my recent updates. I can click on the update for the friend request, but all that does is un-highlight it so it shows that it's read. Nothing happens. If I click on the person's name, it just takes me to their profile. This is stupid. Why isn't there an option there to accept or deny the friend request? I still don't know where to go to actually accept it! If I go to my profile page and click on the Friends tab, it just shows me my current friends. There's no place there to see pending friend requests (either sent or received) there, either. WTF? Why is this so difficult?

I finally figured out that the only way I could accept their requests (that I can see, anyway), is if I click on the "View all updates" link. How many people do you think will actually do that?

I know that if *I* am having a problem figuring this out, that lots of other people will as well. So we should try and fix this, or make it more intuitive or something.

Also, speaking of the whole friends/members thing. Because everyone will be starting off with no friends, a lot of them will be going to the Members directory and searching for people to send them friend requests. Therefore we HAVE to have that goofy issue with the member search figured out before we officially open. Otherwise we'll have a lot of unhappy campers.
      This post was edited by køpper at August 1, 2013 8:03 AM CDT

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Listen to SHOCK THERAPY on RADIO MUTATION if ya know what's good bad for ya!

• August 1, 2013 10:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

No one has requested my friendship so I haven't gone through this. Hmm. 

• August 13, 2013 7:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Still trying to figure out what´s all about the "Mutual Friends"-story... fruitless, so far.
      Either i ask someone and they accept at one point or sb ask me and when i accept there is only one option..
      what´s the trick? the ploy? mhmmm

• August 13, 2013 9:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Tersicore said:

Still trying to figure out what´s all about the "Mutual Friends"-story... fruitless, so far.
      Either i ask someone and they accept at one point or sb ask me and when i accept there is only one option..
      what´s the trick? the ploy? mhmmm

I'm not sure I understand the question...

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Listen to SHOCK THERAPY on RADIO MUTATION if ya know what's good bad for ya!

• August 14, 2013 4:38 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I mean, i really would like to have at least some of my friends´s pics visible in my page. And anyway, most of the people who asked me for friendship, i wanted to ask them for friendship as well... were we supposed to ask simultaneously, means at the very same moment or what? was just a question of "timing"? I mean, how do you become "mutual friens" with sb?
      Sorry, i´m not able to explain it better although i´m drinking a liter caffee.

• August 14, 2013 7:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Tersicore said:

I mean, i really would like to have at least some of my friends´s pics visible in my page. And anyway, most of the people who asked me for friendship, i wanted to ask them for friendship as well... were we supposed to ask simultaneously, means at the very same moment or what? was just a question of "timing"? I mean, how do you become "mutual friens" with sb?
      Sorry, i´m not able to explain it better although i´m drinking a liter caffee.

Mutual friends means the friends that you and the profile you are viewing both share. So if I look at your profile, the "Mutual Friends" section means those are people that are both your friend, and my friend.
    • August 14, 2013 8:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Aha! So means in common!! Much easyer than i thought! Actually i never heard the word mutual before..
      I though it meant in this case in reciprocal aggreement, or similar..

Thanx you Jane!! :)

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel